Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember the timeline of his friends coming and going? Didn't a boy (maybe Mike?) and one of the girls ride around for awhile and then Mike left and another boy or 2 joined them. Do you remember when the first boy left and why?

Below is a timeline that I developed from sources including the TM podcasts and interviews that Tom's mother provided to news outlets:

11/24/2016 6:00 PM Tom asks for him mother's debit card to purchase gas
6:30 PM Tom meets with Friend1 (male) and Friend2 (male) and cruise around Canadian
8:00 PM The three return to Elementary School parking lot. Friend2 leaves leaves for home; Tom and Friend 1 hop in vehicle with Friend3 (female).
9:11 or 9:45 PM A search for "suicide hotline" is sourced from Tom's phone
At some point the three take a walk on the historical Canadian walking bridge.
At some point during the evening Tom asks Friend3 to play 2 Avett Brothers songs; "Live and Die" and "No Hard Feelings"

11:20 PM Tom, Friend1, and Friend3 return to Elem parking lot to call it a night. They agree to meet the following night at Friend3's house
11:28 PM Tom swipes his Mother's debit card at Fronk Oil on 2nd St.; fills vehicle with approximately 23 gallons fuel.
11:35 PM Tom received text from former girlfriend, "Are you ok?"; Tom immediately responds "yes".
11:37 PM Former girlfriend texts again (unknown content); Tom does not respond.

Thank you OutWest. I was thinking of Friend2-but he left before the search for suicide hotline. But Friend1 or Friend3 could have performed that search without Tom's knowledge. MOO

Klein said this today, on his FB page:

We would like to say again a huge thank you to Skip Hollingsworth and Texas Monthly for their coverage of the Tom Brown case. In the end, Skip's work has moved the case forward. We are headed to Grand Jury this summer.

11:20 PM Tom, Friend1, and Friend3 return to Elem parking lot to call it a night. They agree to meet the following night at Friend3's house
11:28 PM Tom swipes his Mother's debit card at Fronk Oil on 2nd St.; fills vehicle with approximately 23 gallons fuel.
11:35 PM Tom received text from former girlfriend, "Are you ok?"; Tom immediately responds "yes".
11:37 PM Former girlfriend texts again (unknown content); Tom does not respond.

"11:37 PM Former girlfriend texts again (unknown content); Tom does not respond."

No cell phone response from Tom beyond approximately 11:37 PM. Remember the alleged mysterious, now missing photograph of Tom pumping gas that night? Who else may have been at Fronk Oil that night and why would they take a photo? Certainly not a representative for the HS Yearbook .....

I’ve spent the last few nights reading about this case from the start. There’s so many bizarre circumstances, these threads read like a crazy mystery novel!
I thought when I got to the end I would have a solid theory but I just don’t!
Pyne stands out to me though. I feel like he is someone who knows a lot and has had bouts of guilt, like he wants the truth to come out but not from his words! Him stumbling upon the skull is just so strange! The phone showing up when LE knew about the search. It made me feel like he was trying to keep the case moving away from suicide.
Lewis is definitely shady. I know he showed up at 7am on that day, but I have not read anywhere that anyone has stated where he was beforehand. Would the wife of a sheriff even notice if they got up and left the house in the middle of the night!
Why are Toms remains still being held if it’s suicide? Why weren’t more remains found! Wouldn’t there be more searching to find more than a skull and a leg bone? Could animals spread bones that far? What animals are out there?
The search of the suicide hotline happened when he was with his friends. Who knows the reason for that! It seems like something you would do alone, like who hangs with their friends and sits on their phone looking up a suicide hotline and thinks they wouldn’t ask questions.
I’m really hoping the truth comes out one day, for Tom and his family
Moo

I agree. I think Pyne knows more than the's saying but I not not so sure he really wants the truth to come out.

I keep thinking about the look-up of the suicide hotline. Since this is a sensitive subject, I will use OutWest's friend's 1,2 & 3 to identify everyone. I don't think this has been discussed, but if so, I apologize.
From OutWest's timeline above:
6:30 PM Tom meets with Friend1 (male) and Friend2 (male) and cruise around Canadian
8:00 PM The three return to Elementary School parking lot. Friend2 leaves leaves for home; Tom and Friend 1 hop in vehicle with Friend3 (female).
9:11 or 9:45 PM A search for "suicide hotline" is sourced from Tom's phone

Didn't Friend2's father commit suicide within a week of Tom's body being found? It has been addressed that it had nothing to do with Tom and I am not suggesting it did. BUT!
If Friend2's father had been suicidal and he had talked to Thomas about it at some point, maybe Tom looked the number up to give to Friend2 the next day to give to his Dad. It didn't necessarily have to be for Tom. JMO

It is JMO, but I have always felt in my gut that the suicide of Friend2's father WAS related somehow to Thomas, but that is just my gut feeling here. No hard facts.

..... Didn't Friend2's father commit suicide within a week of Tom's body being found? It has been addressed that it had nothing to do with Tom and I am not suggesting it did. BUT!
If Friend2's father had been suicidal and he had talked to Thomas about it at some point, maybe Tom looked the number up to give to Friend2 the next day to give to his Dad. It didn't necessarily have to be for Tom. JMO

It is JMO, but I have always felt in my gut that the suicide of Friend2's father WAS related somehow to Thomas, but that is just my gut feeling here. No hard facts.

Your points are not beyond the realm of possibility by any means. Most people with web access devices do many searches on many various topics; maybe to gain information in order to help somebody or maybe just to learn and/or understand about a topic, or maybe even for no particular reason. o_O

IMO, someone really wanted to push the narrative that Tom was suicidal. That was their main objective. The same darn reason they made sure his phone was found, IMO.

Perhaps they found out Tom had looked up the suicide hotline number for someone else for whatever reason, or maybe they had gained access to his phone and performed the search themselves (the latter of which would indicate premeditation, IMO).

Sorry I haven’t been on here much lately, but I’m still here. Still very angry and sad over what happened to Tom.

IMO, someone really wanted to push the narrative that Tom was suicidal. That was their main objective. The same darn reason they made sure his phone was found, IMO.

Perhaps they found out Tom had looked up the suicide hotline number for someone else for whatever reason, or maybe they had gained access to his phone and performed the search themselves (the latter of which would indicate premeditation, IMO).

Sorry I haven’t been on here much lately, but I’m still here. Still very angry and sad over what happened to Tom.
I agree with you here Inmyhumbleopinion. I too think they were pushing the suicide narrative.
But, and here we differ, not because they were criminally involved, but because the Sheriff wanted and needed this to go away mostly to show he was competent.

IMO he found the phone during a search of TB's truck in the beginning, and then threw it out in the search area to be "found".

Always good to have you here!!

inmyhumbleopinion, I'm happy to see that you are back; had been wondering and hoping that you are ok!
Oh my gosh, thank you so much, @OutWest! My mom, dad and I have basically been taking turns having health problems since last fall, but I think we are out of the woods (for now anyway ;)).

Thanks again for thinking of me :)

inmyhumbleopinion, I'm happy to see that you are back; had been wondering and hoping that you are ok!
And while I've got you here, I wanted to ask you something :). Do you have any more thoughts on this excellent post of yours from a few months ago?

“Another thing to keep in mind. Early this year, we were told that there was some ‘binary’ (digital?) evidence that was being put together. Then AG Sgt. Kading made multiple trips to Canadian and talked with some folks including the 31st District Attorney. Then shortly thereafter around the June timeframe, we learn that a Grand Jury will convene late 2020 or early 2021. To me, this smells like some additional material evidence has been discovered. Any persons involved may have good reason to begin getting nervous. I think there will be some surprises that are sprung at the GJ. I sure hope so. However, GJ's are absolutely secret so no public information will come forth unless there are indictments at some later point.”
Found Deceased - TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2 (RBBM)

According to Skip Hollandsworth, KK wouldn't do an interview with him because he was “tired of talking about the case.” But KK allowed Skip to use a recorded interview he did in 2017 with Laurie Brown of The Canadian Record.

At around 31:30, Kaleb is talking about when he was interviewed by the Texas Rangers and FBI and says he offered to take a polygraph. He then goes on to say, “And after that, I kind of figured, OK, so these guys don’t have jack if they aren’t going to polygraph me.” (BBM)
Tom Brown’s Body, Chapter 4: Lake Marvin Road

By “‘binary’ evidence,” could they mean an audio (digital) recording?

Last edited:
I agree with you here Inmyhumbleopinion. I too think they were pushing the suicide narrative.
But, and here we differ, not because they were criminally involved, but because the Sheriff wanted and needed this to go away mostly to show he was competent.

IMO he found the phone during a search of TB's truck in the beginning, and then threw it out in the search area to be "found".

Always good to have you here!!
Thank you so much for your kind words, @Razz <3! It’s good to be here :)

IMO, obviously, but I don’t necessarily believe NL took Tom’s life. I do think there are many other things that he is criminally liable for in Tom’s death. I also don’t believe NL ever had to “show he was competent.” He just needed the right people to say that he was, IMO.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much, @OutWest! My mom, dad and I have basically been taking turns having health problems since last fall, but I think we are out of the woods (for now anyway ;)).

Thanks again for thinking of me :)
Sorry to hear about your and your parent’s health issues, hoping for continued recovery!

Information stored in binary code -
to include photographs, user login, documents, email, etc.
Some of which can be altered.
JMO

Sorry to hear about your and your parent’s health issues, hoping for continued recovery!

Information stored in binary code -
to include photographs, user login, documents, email, etc.
Some of which can be altered.
JMO
Thank you so much, @MimosaMornings! While I was in the hospital, one of the doctors put me on some new medications, and they’ve helped a lot!

“User login” is interesting :)

And while I've got you here, I wanted to ask you something :). Do you have any more thoughts on this excellent post of yours from a few months ago?

“Another thing to keep in mind. Early this year, we were told that there was some ‘binary’ (digital?) evidence that was being put together. Then AG Sgt. Kading made multiple trips to Canadian and talked with some folks including the 31st District Attorney. Then shortly thereafter around the June timeframe, we learn that a Grand Jury will convene late 2020 or early 2021. To me, this smells like some additional material evidence has been discovered. Any persons involved may have good reason to begin getting nervous. I think there will be some surprises that are sprung at the GJ. I sure hope so. However, GJ's are absolutely secret so no public information will come forth unless there are indictments at some later point.”
Found Deceased - TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2 (RBBM)

According to Skip Hollandsworth, KK wouldn't do an interview with him because he was “tired of talking about the case.” But KK allowed Skip to use a recorded interview he did in 2017 with Laurie Brown of The Canadian Record.

At around 31:30, Kaleb is talking about when he was interviewed by the Texas Rangers and FBI and says he offered to take a polygraph. He then goes on to say, “And after that, I kind of figured, OK, so these guys don’t have jack if they aren’t going to polygraph me.” (BBM)
Tom Brown’s Body, Chapter 4: Lake Marvin Road

By “‘binary’ evidence,” could they mean an audio (digital) recording?

I think that type of evidence could be any manner of electronic media. All of us leave many digital tracks every day. Possibly transmitted to various other devices. GPS data or online purchases. Most definitely internet searches, phone calls, texts, emails, photos transmitted (or "deleted"), CCTV DVR's, etc. Any message or information that is sent to others (devices) spreads the info and INCREASES the chances that the info may still exist on other devices including phone carrier records, at least in part.

I think that there was undoubtedly a number of digital tracks created that night and morning. Just a matter of being able to extract the data, if it still exists.

It may be somewhat interesting to learn who in Canadian may have purchased a new cell phone in the weeks after November 24..... because their phone suddenly became lost, never to be found again.

Just thinking (actually hoping) that AG may have discovered some important digital information that they can use to lay a few clever "traps" during the GJ session.

What do you think he killed himself with? No weapon was found with his remains, as far as we know.

I agree with you about Klein, but not suicide.
I do know at one time LE/Texas Rangers were looking for a rope in the trees in the area of Marvin Lake.

That's interesting, do you know if they found anything?
Not to my knowledge and I think it would have been known to the public if they did. Something else that has me questioning is the posts and comments about how far his remains were from his vehicle and they want to use that scenario as a fact to discredit any thought of suicide. From what I understand there was very little of Tom’s remains found and the report stated animal activity involved. So what makes people think that what little remains found were found in the exact spot where he would have died had he committed suicide? Why have they never thought that animals could be responsible for his remains being found so far from his vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3