Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the moms4tom group, Tom's mom posts and responds to posts. She has stated that the Texas Rangers have cleared Tom's friends Christian and Kaleb from suspicion. I hope that is true. Both of them are from very prominent families in the area. The youtube videos are the first I have seen from Kaleb regarding his friend's disappearance. Christian does post some on the moms4toms page, I believe. I felt bad for her seeing some of the youtube comments attacking her. She seems to be a sweet girl, and it must have been hard for her having this happen at this young age. I have wondered what the relationship is/was between Christian and Kaleb.

Someone who is seldom mentioned is Tom's college girlfriend Sage Pennington. I'm curious why. Based on county records, it appears her family home is very close to the area where his phone last pinged and the intersection where his Durango was seen a couple of times shortly before it drove north to the parked location near the water treatment plant. Add to that the fact that she was the last person with whom Tom was texting and the fact that we haven't heard the content of those messages, and the lack of information from and about her seems curiously out of place.

Someone who is seldom mentioned is Tom's college girlfriend Sage Pennington. I'm curious why. Based on county records, it appears her family home is very close to the area where his phone last pinged and the intersection where his Durango was seen a couple of times shortly before it drove north to the parked location near the water treatment plant. Add to that the fact that she was the last person with whom Tom was texting and the fact that we haven't heard the content of those messages, and the lack of information from and about her seems curiously out of place.

I agree. I do think its curious that nothing has been said about her/their relationship.

Re: Christian and Kaleb: I find Christian to be very believable. I don't find that to be true about Kaleb. Maybe I am reading him wrong, but I don't get a good vibe from him. IMHO, of course.

I don't find that to be true about Kaleb. Maybe I am reading him wrong, but I don't get a good vibe from him. IMHO, of course.

Agreed. I haven't heard much from or about him, but something doesn't feel quite right. I was glad to see both friends willing to go on camera for Tom, at least.

The comments on those videos are interesting. Definitely some food for thought.
Wow! Yes, interesting...

Definitely time to take this case to another level, beyond this stonewaller sheriff.

Thomas is such an amazing young man.
Penny is incredible also. My heart goes out to this family. Hoping they get some answers soon. [emoji171]

From an article I read yesterday in the Canadian record the phone they found was his but it wasn’t there the entire time he’s been missing. There are sensors in the phone that let you know if it came in contact with water. The phone was never wet and was pretty clean that also indicates it wasn’t there very long before that search. In other words someone threw the phone there days before that search. I believe it was the killer and local at that. Maybe even someone who knew where they would be searching. I’ve also read the area where they found the backpack was searched but it was found after that search. I hope they catch who did this and soon!!

Also the water treatment facility is right by the baseball fields. If you ever played baseball in Canadian you knew about the facility. You may not be able to see it but there are signs. People have also asked about video or pics at the gas station the gas station he went to does not have cameras or at least not at that time. And it doesn’t have an open store there so no workers. I’ve also read how is it possible that his vehicle wasn’t spotted driving around when people started searching and honestly it’s probably not that difficult if you don’t want to be found if you see headlights turn and pick up the speed on a side road so they can’t catch you. Just a thought here but if the person driving TB vehicle some how found out about the search they would have fled from any vehicle coming towards them until they found a spot to park the vehicle where they felt safe. Like I said just some thoughts.

From the Help Find Tom Brown FB Page:

Good evening. We wanted to give you all an update regarding the Brown case.

First, the Texas Attorney General has agreed to review the case. This is huge and our thanks to the office of the Governor and other state elected officials that the PSB Investigators have had the chance to visit with over the last few weeks. Not to mention one great lady being Penny Meeks, Toms Mom.

Second, we have expanded the case to a county above Hemphill and to the east. We will update you if necessary. As you know we keep certain issues to our team.
Lastly, we again want landowners in the area of Lake Marvin, as spring comes, to look for sinking ground. If you come across such - please call your sheriff or our firm. We will investigate.

Thank you again from the investigative team to all of you in Hemphill County. We are working - we will figure this out.
Blessings and prayers to the missing!

The county above Hemphill is Lipscomb. (If they were meaning that specifically & directly above Hemphill county).

To the east, would be OK? Is that right? I think Hemphill is on the TX/OK border.

From the Find Tom Brown FB Page:

https://www.facebook.com/findtombro...nvxDMgmWQI4mzdaelCtjR4Myz4eAIGunLDbEA&fref=nf

Good Afternoon - We wanted to give you the public a quick update on the Brown case.
Over the past couple of weeks - we have been in direct communication with the State of Texas Attorney General's office. We want to assure you the public that these investigators are highly trained and outstanding public servants. They are working hard on the case and following leads. We have offered, and they have accepted our case work regarding the case.
We know many of you are concerned - and we know many of you love and care for the family. We do as well. Thus our complete cooperation and case file communication with the AG Investigators. It is always great to have another set of eyes on this case.
We ask you, the general public, to have faith in all of us on the PSB side - as well as the LE side. We (PSB) have made bounds and strides on this case now. We will continue to work hard for the family - and bring them - and you - the answers to this case.
“For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

New Update as of 4/20

https://www.facebook.com/findtombrown/

Investigators Comments : We wanted to give you an update. The case is progressing forward and evidence is being re-reviewed which is common in these cases. We can report that the OAG is as well working very hard on the case as is the Texas Rangers. All we ask for is your prayers to lead us in the right direction. We cannot say enough regarding the OAG and their hard working team. We are proud they represent the State of Texas.

New Update as of 4/20

https://www.facebook.com/findtombrown/

Investigators Comments : We wanted to give you an update. The case is progressing forward and evidence is being re-reviewed which is common in these cases. We can report that the OAG is as well working very hard on the case as is the Texas Rangers. All we ask for is your prayers to lead us in the right direction. We cannot say enough regarding the OAG and their hard working team. We are proud they represent the State of Texas.

I thought Klein was the investigative company for Tom Brown's case? If this changed, does anyone know when? Thanks.

I thought Klein was the investigative company for Tom Brown's case? If this changed, does anyone know when? Thanks.

Klein is still investigating (for the family). But the case legally as been turned over from the Sheriff's office to the OAG and Texas Rangers. The family petitioned the OAG to take the case from the sheriff and the OAG agreed to take it on.The OAG took the case back at the end of January- beginning of February.

There will be a news segment about Thomas tonight on Channel 10 at 10pm. Once its online I will link it here.

There will be a news segment about Thomas tonight on Channel 10 at 10pm. Once its online I will link it here.

Ok, Im quoting myself. The segment on the news wont be on until tomorrow at 10:00. Apparently I was thinking today was Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?