Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please remember we do not allow fundraising links.
Thank you

Please remember we do not allow fundraising links.
Thank you

I hope that the laptop will provide a clue. LE appears to be somewhat conflicted as to what might have happened:
"On Jan. 4, the Hemphill County Sheriff's Office told NewsChannel 10 that Brown leaving on his own was a possibility, but have since said that is less likely since none of his electronics or credit cards have been used." (BBM) http://www.newschannel10.com/story/34413460/backpack-of-missing-canadian-teen-found

"At the time (when Tom's truck was discovered) officials believed Brown walked away from his car on his own, but the new evidence regarding the backpack leaves open other possibilities. During the initial search for Brown, officials said they discovered no evidence of foul play." (BBM) http://amarillo.com/local-news/2017...tment-discovers-backpack-missing-teen-thomas#

"Officials said they still believe Brown left on his own accord. HCSO said they believe the backpack had been there for a while based on the impression it left on the ground, as well as the fact that there was water inside it." (BBM) http://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/search-continues-after-backpack-of-missing-canadian-teen-found

For reference, here are a couple of articles from January, when LE announced Tom likely left willingly:
"Authorities found no signs of foul play or of assault, but fear that Brown could be in danger now, saying 'there's just no telling what happened once he left Canadian.'" http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...s-office-believes-missing-teen-left-willingly

"According to the Canadian Record, the Hemphill Sheriff's Office determined the evidence in the Canadian missing teen case proved it was a voluntary runaway. The Canadian Record tells ABC 7 the Sheriff's Office said this is based on forensic evidence, evidence from Thomas Brown's home and bedroom and interviews with friends and family members." http://abc7amarillo.com/news/local/canadian-missing-teen-now-classified-as-runaway

I wonder what they found in Tom's "home and bedroom" that led them to believe he left on his own accord. I also wonder what they mean by "forensic evidence" ... perhaps cell phone records indicating that Tom had been in contact with someone unbeknownst to family and friends, with whom he planned to run away?

And I am still wondering why he stopped playing football going into his senior year, and what they mean when they say he "made the hard decision to take a different direction this past fall and leave the game of football." (BBM) http://www.findtombrown.com/case-history.html

My daughter and two other members of her high school cheer team decided not to cheer their senior year after winning State their junior years. They did this because there was a lot of infighting and drama directed at anyone and everyone on the team that was instigated by a few girls on the team, with one in particular who constantly posts on SM about her Christian morals but is always the first one to either start trouble or to stir the pot when there's drama going on that doesn't even involve her.

There were also severe problems with the coach and her complete and utter lack to do anything to reprimand anyone for any of these behaviors or reprimand anyone else for code book violations . . . if they were her pets. The coach also eventually got in trouble with the school for getting caught allowing girls on both the cheer and dance teams (she coached both) text her and communicate with her on SM about personal matters that had nothing to do with cheer or dance, for going out on shopping trips or to dinner with members of both teams, allowed members of both teams to "hang out" at her house on a regular basis, and allowed members of both teams to stay the night at her house on a regular basis (all of these members were well known to be her pets).

It turns out my daughter and the other two girls that didn't cheer their senior year were wise in making their decision not to return. The old coach was asked to leave the school and the new coach did even less to deal with the drama and bickering - and she only had to coach the cheer team, not both cheer and dance. The problems got so bad that another senior member of the team also quit before they even finished football season. I'm the end, the constant bickering and bossing around caused so much separation and animosity within the team that when the State cheer completion came around this school year they came in fourth and not the first place they were expected to easily win because this year's team talent-wise was immensely better than State champion team from the year before.

The point being, there could be a lot of reasons why he chose not to play football his senior year, none of which would have anything to do with him personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Family released this statement on Facebook on their Find Tom Brown page yesterday.

Good Morning- We have received several messages regarding the investigation of Tom Brown. At this time, we have no new information to release. However, we want to reassure you all that the case is still very active. We are working it and making big strides. We hope to release new information in the near future.

I am so frustrated for Tom and his family. Something isn't right here, obviously. And everyone seems to believe that one or more students at the high school know exactly what happened to Tom. Praying for his family today.

It seems as if the authorities are at least getting closer.

Justice for Tom!

From the FTB Facebook page:

Statement regarding missing person: Thomas Brown:
For the past 5 days, KIC TX, along with a specialized human remains detection dog, conducted an 18 area search in and around Canadian, Texas. We have garnered a tremendous amount of information in order to further this case along. We urge the public to continue to help by mailing, sending, or messaging tips. We promise to keep you ANONYMOUS.
On a final note, all of the investigators and dog handler would like to thank the citizens, restaurant employees, and community leaders in assisting us providing food, water, and encouragement. Your hospitality has been tremendously helpful.

trying desperately to be patient waiting for information. :desert:

trying desperately to be patient waiting for information. :desert:

Me too.

I suspect their must be a clue that leads them to believe Tom is dead since they (per the Facebook post yesterday) say they are using dogs that specialize in finding human remains. There is just so little information out here about this case.

Me too.

I suspect their must be a clue that leads them to believe Tom is dead since they (per the Facebook post yesterday) say they are using dogs that specialize in finding human remains. There is just so little information out here about this case.
🙁

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...lit-on-what-may-have-happened-to-thomas-brown

(snipped)
Klein Investigations, a private firm hired by brown's family, said based on their searches, there's a 70% chance that Brown is dead.

A cadaver dog was brought out by Klein Investigations to search for signs of Brown, and alerted investigators to the Lake Marvin area.

That location is where a different body was found nearly 20 years ago, but because they were not able to search the entire Lake Marvin area, investigators are focusing their efforts there.

"We did put the dog onto Thomas's automobile," said Philip Klein, lead investigator. "The dog hit on the automobile and the dog hit in the automobile."

What the dog found was a small trace of blood that Lewis said was small and looked like the result of a minor cut.

Klein investigators covered 19 areas in and around Canadian during their most recent search, and said they're looking into five of those areas, and believe something "nefarious" happened to brown.

Lewis thinks otherwise.

"Everything that was put out there by Klein Investigations was speculations and theories," said Lewis. "This could have happened, this might have happened, we think this happens. That's not what we do here. We go off of evidence or lack of evidence."

Some of those theories are that someone dumped Brown's car and walked into the neighborhood nearby, or that his body is buried somewhere in the county.

Lewis said there is not evidence to back these theories up.

From the Find Tom Brown website:

Statement From Philip Klein, Sr. Investigator :
This past evening a news report was aired regarding the Tom Brown case. In such there is a suggestion that the Sheriffs Department and KIC Texas disagrees regarding the current path of each others case. We totally agree that there is a disagreement. However, we want to be positive regarding our disagreement. The Sheriff and their team believes that Mr. Brown is alive - and believes that he is on the run. We have no evidence to indicate such. We believe that Mr. Brown (70-30) is deceased. They state they have no evidence to indicate such. We want the public to remember that cases such as this have twists and turns. Sometimes we are right, sometimes LE is right, but be well assured that KIC Texas is providing out our theory to LE with the evidence and timeline back up. We want the citizens of Hemphill County to know that the Sheriff and his team are working very hard. And we are working very hard - in this case. Because we both disagree doesn't mean that one is bad or good - it just means we disagree. This is a very emotional case - and we all need to remember that. We support the Sheriff 100% - and his dedicated Team. To suggest otherwise would be rumor and silliness. This is not a race to see who is right - this is a race to find out what happened to Tom Brown.

Wow. Interesting. Not really helpful. But interesting.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I can't really take him seriously. Regardless, I hope Thomas is found for the sake of his family.

From the Find Tom Brown website:

Statement From Philip Klein, Sr. Investigator :
This past evening a news report was aired regarding the Tom Brown case. In such there is a suggestion that the Sheriffs Department and KIC Texas disagrees regarding the current path of each others case. We totally agree that there is a disagreement. However, we want to be positive regarding our disagreement. The Sheriff and their team believes that Mr. Brown is alive - and believes that he is on the run. We have no evidence to indicate such. We believe that Mr. Brown (70-30) is deceased. They state they have no evidence to indicate such. We want the public to remember that cases such as this have twists and turns. Sometimes we are right, sometimes LE is right, but be well assured that KIC Texas is providing out our theory to LE with the evidence and timeline back up. We want the citizens of Hemphill County to know that the Sheriff and his team are working very hard. And we are working very hard - in this case. Because we both disagree doesn't mean that one is bad or good - it just means we disagree. This is a very emotional case - and we all need to remember that. We support the Sheriff 100% - and his dedicated Team. To suggest otherwise would be rumor and silliness. This is not a race to see who is right - this is a race to find out what happened to Tom Brown.

I really appreciate this post by Mr. Klein. It's very easy to get defensive when there is a news report in which one's work is somewhat criticized (i.e., "'Everything that was put out there by Klein Investigations was speculations and theories,' said Lewis. 'This could have happened, this might have happened, we think this happens ...).'"

Also, from the same report:
"Brown's backpack and laptop that were found months ago proved to have no information that would help out this case." (BBM)
http://www.newschannel10.com/story/...lit-on-what-may-have-happened-to-thomas-brown
But in reply to a question about the laptop, the admin of the Help Find Tom Brown FB page says they cannot release details relating to this laptop at this time, which is a little different than saying there was nothing.

One way or another I hope that Tom is returned to his family and soon. He seems like such a sweet young man.

Yes, so it to me doesn't make sense. He was a starter for the football team, and then he just quits? And FWIR, according t what I read, it was a difficult decision for him to make. Quite unusual, if one's a football player they are or they're not. Especially if they're a starter. Especially since he's one of the best, right? So, why would someone in his position just quit? What was going on? IDK, I sense something not right. JMO

My sons play football so I find this odd as well. If a kid isn't really into it, they don't end up a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today we are having my sons final Senior photos taken. I cannot help but think about Thomas' mother and her not getting to have her son for his senior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams