TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Prosecution laying out reasons to deny bail for #RobertDurst - previous accusations, bail jumping, convictions. #abc13

DEVELOPING @FBI monitoried #RobertDurst movements & calls. Followed him from Houston to Beaumont on 3/10, then lost him. @jacelarson reports

Nancy Grace
Don't forget! Tonight I'm investigating the #RobertDurst case in a one-hour special on #HLN. pic.twitter.com/uCbKppXQs5

#RobertDurst def says @ Pirro - "she's here because she's been participating in the dogging of Mr. Durst for years and years."

Argument in court over @JudgeJeanine testifying in #RobertDurst hearing. She's a @FoxNews host now, but was DA when Susan Berman was killed.

#RobertDurst @JudgeJeanine drama: now state of Louisiana objects to Durst defense calling Pirro - says subpoena was improper

LA Times has an updated article up but (maybe its just me) I can barely follow it.

Most clear is:

"New Orleans judge ordered former New York district attorney Jeanine Pirro to vacate a courtroom Monday during a bond hearing for real estate scion Robert Durst.

Durst’s attorney Dick DeGuerin said in court he plans to call Pirro, who was sitting in the front row, as a potential witness in the case."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-robert-durst-new-orleans-hearing-20150323-story.html

#RobertDurst hasn't looked at the media once - very different from previous court appearances. #abc13

Which doesn't make much sense since they conducted handwriting analysis way back when and ruled it inconclusive. The expert in the doc said it alone wasn't enough and they needed to compare many individual letters. LE should have been able to do that years ago despite the "BEVERLEY" sample. Frustrating!! And to prove motive in the best friend killing, they essentially have to prove she knew too much about the wife's murder... which they can't prove. RD may think he's a jinx but he sure is one lucky guy. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

It's just a PR move on their part. Their sloppy work got showed (I think that's the right word) up by Jarecki and his crew. They have to say they are "grateful" because they look like a-holes right now for essentially sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

LA Times has an updated article up but (maybe its just me) I can barely follow it.

Most clear is:

"New Orleans judge ordered former New York district attorney Jeanine Pirro to vacate a courtroom Monday during a bond hearing for real estate scion Robert Durst.

Durst’s attorney Dick DeGuerin said in court he plans to call Pirro, who was sitting in the front row, as a potential witness in the case."

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-robert-durst-new-orleans-hearing-20150323-story.html

Ugh. So ridiculous. It's so transparent what a ploy this is by DeGuerin to once again make Pirro look like the bad guy. Hey Dick - Jeannette Pirro didn't kill anyone and chop them into pieces. Your client did.

DEVELOPING @FBI monitoried #RobertDurst movements & calls. Followed him from Houston to Beaumont on 3/10, then lost him. @jacelarson reports

Jesus. How do you lose a 71 year old man with hydroencephalus??? Can he really be that hard to find?? This does not give me faith in the FBI.

#RobertDurst def says @ Pirro - "she's here because she's been participating in the dogging of Mr. Durst for years and years."

REALLY? did she force him to participate in a documentary about himself? Make him the agent of his own demise? I'm pretty sure he dogged HIMSELF, dude.

I really hope the L.A. jury is savvy enough to see through this distraction.

In reading A Deadly Secret the NYPD, 20th Precinct investigated the case for a year at first. They had some decent circumstantial evidence but didn't think it strong enough to hold up against a team of Durst money bought lawyers.

The investigator combined this with what he found out about Kathie. He didn't want to drag her name through the mud. She'd had affairs (Bob had too), was having trouble in med school and using quite a lot of cocaine. In fact, Bob told LE he thought she'd run off with a dealer.
Without a body and/or stronger evidence the lead investigator and his supervisor decided against moving forward immediately after the disappearance

WOW! Was this in the Birkbeck book? (try saying that ten times fast!) I have never heard that about Kathie Durst in any reports, but I'm actually glad and impressed that I haven't, because while I do agree that it's titillating and interesting, I don't think it has anything to do with her death.

In reading A Deadly Secret the NYPD, 20th Precinct investigated the case for a year at first. They had some decent circumstantial evidence but didn't think it strong enough to hold up against a team of Durst money bought lawyers.

The investigator combined this with what he found out about Kathie. He didn't want to drag her name through the mud. She'd had affairs (Bob had too), was having trouble in med school and using quite a lot of cocaine. In fact, Bob told LE he thought she'd run off with a dealer.
Without a body and/or stronger evidence the lead investigator and his supervisor decided against moving forward immediately after the disappearance

WOW! Was this in the Birkbeck book? (try saying that ten times fast!) I have never heard that about Kathie Durst in any reports, but I'm actually glad and impressed that I haven't, because while I do agree that it's titillating and interesting, I don't think it has anything to do with her death.

This article provides a good overview of what the hearing today is about.

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/st...4d1d0f8/US--Real-Estate-Heir-Weapons-Charges/

Millionaire Robert Durst back in court in New Orleans for bond hearing on weapons charges
Associated Press
By JANET McCONNAUGHEY Associated Press
First Posted: March 23, 2015 - 1:08 pm
Last Updated: March 23, 2015 - 1:10 pm

"NEW ORLEANS — After nearly a week in a prison's mental health unit, millionaire Robert Durst — accused of killing a female friend in California 15 years ago — appeared in court Monday in New Orleans for a bond hearing on weapons charges.

Durst, 71, was seated next to his lawyers, his hands shackled to his sides in padded cuffs. For nearly a week, he's been held in a prison's mental health unit outside New Orleans. Jail officials have said he's a suicide risk.

Durst is being held in Louisiana on weapons charges. His lawyers say his arrest was illegal and was orchestrated to coincide with the last episode of an HBO show about him and his links to three killings."​

More...

Thank you for all those updates .. funny that Pirro got KO'ed .. I liked her when her show first started on Fox, then the mind control over there must have got to her because a couple of months in the show wasn't about what was happening in the courts anymore, it was all about Benghazi and I had to stop watching .. hopefully she'll be covering this case now.

Ultimately Pirro did not get KO'd, the judge ruled she won't be testifying in the bond hearing so she was let back in.

VIA @jacelarson Houston, KPRC-TV

- Durst had cell phone in hotel room that hadn't been activated yet.
- Durst had in his room an open map showing Florida and Cuba
- Photos of seized evidence introduced in open court but judge has sealed them (no public access)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaltPetals
Back