TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a new article from Vanity Fair:

Robert Durst’s Brother Thanks The Jinx for Leading to Arrest

Douglas Durst said the family feels “a tremendous sense of relief.”
BY KIA MAKARECHI

In his first interview since the arrest of his brother Robert Durst, Douglas Durst said that the Durst family is pleased that Robert is in police custody and will face murder charges in the death of Robert’s former best friend, Susan Berman.

“There’s just a tremendous sense of relief,” Douglas Durst told The New York Times.​

More...

Be sure to look at the photos and be sure to follow the link to the Holes in The Jinx Buzzfeed article

Gosh darn! I can't help but find all of Doug's recent statements off, unusual, inappropriate, ODD.......Doug, sole judge and jury, has convicted RD. Regardless of how he feels, if he suspects RD of 50 murders, I find his choice of words odd. JMO

This movie is something. There are things that are possible in it. I don't think she found anything to do with the dogs. I just feel like he would have been too careful about that.

My guess is that she was killed right there that night and she was disposed of like Morris black was and that somehow he got lucky that time and so he tried it again but the currents in texas brought up the bodies.

Okay well that was bizarre.
What I find fascinating is that after watching this movie, Durst then contacted them not to rave about it being inaccurate or threatening to sue but to comment and and be interviewed. My guess is that some of it may have been closer than anyone ever got before and he felt like they should be recognized for their movie.

He earned a bachelor's degree in Economics in 1965 from Lehigh University, where he was a member of the varsity lacrosse team ...

263 Surfside Drive Bridgehampton- Durst-Charatan -TX Attorney Yolanda Torres

263 Surfside Drive, Bridgehampton EDIT Current Owner Simeon Derenshteyn (unknown)
http://www.27east.com/news/article.cfm/General-Interest-Southampton/99212/Sleek-Modern-Home-Sells-For-275-Million-In-Bridgehampton

Current owner July 15 Real Llc (AKA DURST/Charatan)C/O Yolanda Torres
$10,125,000 Resale 12/04/2009
B: 263 Surfside Drive Llc BA: N/A
S: July 15 Real Estate Llc SA: N/A

N/A Resale 09/24/2007
B: July 15 Real Estate Llc BA: N/A
S: Debrah Lee Charatan

http://i.imgur.com/taOBYAm.png?1
Yolanda Torres Overview of Yolanda Torres in Huntsville, TX

July 15 Real Estate, LLC filed as a Domestic Limited Liability Company (LLC) in the State of Texas filed on Monday, April 18, 2005. This corporation is approximately ten years old according to documents filed with Texas Secretary of State. July 15 Real Estate, LLC also lists Robert Durst as Governing Person.

http://www.corporationwiki.com/Texas.../36911479.aspx

Holy cow.
Ms. Torres =**Please post for distribution**
On January 1, 2003, I left Habern, O'Neil & Buckley, L.L.P. and started
my own practice in Huntsville, Texas. My new contact information is:
Yolanda Torres, P.O. Box 515, Huntsville, Texas 77342-0515, (p)
936-291-7054; (f) 936-293-8303; (cell) 936-662-7923.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10237

Now that people everywhere are starting to see Durst face and name, more stories are coming out. A coworker just brought me the latest copy of The North Coast Journal, March 26th issue, which I do not find online yet, maybe by tomorrow.

The chair of our Journalism Department wrote an story called Connected Dots. It is a brief read with two interesting items. 1. People are questioning the suicide of a neighbor of Durst's when he lived in Trinidad for a few years and, 2. She can't help wondering about the mysterious death of her sister's cat found in Arcata a block from his (as in Durst!!) Olsen Court home in 2005.

Up until now I knew he had the house in Trinidad in the late 90's and even up until 2000, apparently he was here (in California) during the time when Susan Burman was murdered. Now I am suspicious if he was here again after the Morris Black trial. The Trinidad house is an expensive neighborhood across from the HSU Marine Lab and maybe = to a half block from the Pacific Ocean. But the Olsen Court area is more of a track home neighborhood, this I know nothing about. Of course I had not heard of the suicide of a neighbor in the Trinidad neighborhood, those houses are very close together, maybe too much togetherness. I think I am going to have to find this professor and ask her some questions about her article. If the Journal comes out online tomorrow, I will post a link, or whenever it comes out I will post it so that you can read it yourself.

The Trinidad neighbor committed suicide by gun in Nov 2002. Durst was extradited to Texas for MB murder in Jan 2002, trial doesn't start until 2003. Don't know where he was between those dates. Neighbor was cremated and ashes buried at sea, so no body to exhume.

Old article about her
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/112901/news1129.html

"Who knows how much of what he said is true," said Bueche. "He was obviously a notorious liar. He told me he liked to shop with his daughter in the fancy stores in New York.

"He doesn't even have a daughter."

The Trinidad neighbor committed suicide by gun in Nov 2002. Durst was extradited to Texas for MB murder in Jan 2002, trial doesn't start until 2003. Don't know where he was between those dates. Neighbor was cremated and ashes buried at sea, so no body to exhume.

Old article about her
http://www.northcoastjournal.com/112901/news1129.html

"Who knows how much of what he said is true," said Bueche. "He was obviously a notorious liar. He told me he liked to shop with his daughter in the fancy stores in New York.

"He doesn't even have a daughter."

Good article.
Once he was arrested Nov 30, 2001 in PA until his acquittal on Nov 11, 2003 he was in jail.

Good article.
Once he was arrested Nov 30, 2001 in PA until his acquittal on Nov 11, 2003 he was in jail.

Good, he didn't kill the suicidal neighbor then. SophieRose, Do you have a link to the suicide story, did he/she have a name? Most of you are better sleuths than I am, so I appreciate the info/links. I finished watching All Good Things yesterday and it did have a creepy ending that I can't seem to get out of my mind.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/7145...er-of-morris-black-heres-how-the-bizarre-case

The jury explained after the trail that the prosecution failed to prove that the murder was deliberate. According to The New York Times, in a news conference following the trial, a juror said:

The defense told us a story and stuck to it. The D.A. gave us multiple scenarios of what may have happened.

View attachment 71702

In one of the articles/books I've read (I think it was "Without a Trace") it said that Durst purchased the saw, drop cloth and other stuff from Chalmer's Hardware four days before he dismembered Black. If true, how could it possibly NOT be considered to be deliberate or premeditated?

In one of the articles/books I've read (I think it was "Without a Trace") it said that Durst purchased the saw, drop cloth and other stuff from Chalmer's Hardware four days before he dismembered Black. If true, how could it possibly NOT be considered to be deliberate or premeditated?

The receipt from Chalmers Hardware was dated Sept 28...same day as the killing

TexMex.....you are torturing me with all those delicious looking photos! Dang they make me so hungry!

Hi Mockingbird, I tried to reply to your message, but there was an error, it said you exceeded your stored private messages quota, so it wouldn't go through. To find the story called "Connected Dots," turn the page 3 times, it will be on the left side of the magazine and it is page 6. This is the story from the North Coast Journal from today's post #906 on page 37.

Well just had dinner... Pork chops and gravy and came back to see if there is more news.

I believe this man is a psychopath. I believe he killed all three and possibly more. I so hope that they get a chance to get him to LA.

A couple of highlights from this article:

Robert Durst's attorney says he will not let Vermont police talk to his client
Author: Jace Larson, Investigative Reporter
Click2Houston
Published On: Mar 25 2015 04:00:13 PM CDT Updated On: Mar 25 2015 11:06:30 PM CDT

MIDDLEBURY, Vermont - The attorney for accused murderer Robert Durst says he will not be letting police in Vermont interview his client about any possible connection to a missing 18-year-old college student.

Dick DeGuerin told Channel 2 investigative reporter Jace Larson that police interviewing his client is not a possibility.

DeGuerin called allegations that Durst could be involved in the 1971 disappearance of Lynne Schulze “opportunistic ‘blaming it on Bob.’”

Channel 2 Investigates has learned Durst didn’t live in Middlebury when he owned his store in the early 1970s. He lived in Ripton, a mountain town fewer than 10 miles from Middlebury. Residents of the town don’t remember Durst.​

More...

http://www.click2houston.com/news/s...obert-durst-and-his-store-in-vermont/32011202

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back