TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lol---it figures!! I had way too much fun trotting around 2-3 miles of lakefront property as a Google creature though :)
It's funny how Google gives you another numeric as you're in front of the house (off by a few) but the mailbox gave it away :copcar:

And of course- now that I KNOW the address you can type it in and the old Getty image pops right up in yahoo images grrrrrrrr
I deleted my post because the link I posted wasn't working :)

I don't mind talking to myself :)
I swear I searched the internet for 2 hours trying to get the actual numerics. I still haven't seen the JINX and it didn't even occur to be to stalk their website!

I deleted my post because the link I posted wasn't working :)

I don't mind talking to myself :)
I swear I searched the internet for 2 hours trying to get the actual numerics. I still haven't seen the JINX and it didn't even occur to be to stalk their website!

The entire reddit sub, The Jinx, has a plethora of information.

links will not work but type- reddit.(com)(no space)/r/thejinx/

Here is a snapshot of p. 57 - Chapter 6
in Matt Birkbeck's book from 2002.

to the mods- If Im not allowed to post this
for any copyright reason - then please delete it, ok?

Attachments

• chap 6.jpg
    chap 6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 149
ty
I think Jeanine made a couple of interesting comments. The first was her distinction between Durst's hot mic comments at the end of The Jinx being an 'admission' as opposed to a 'confession'. She did not explain the legal difference but I think its worth exploring. She also said that the Durst letter to Susan Berman vs the "Cadaver Letter" is the most important evidence in that case (and, I agree).

She also made a comment about Judge Criss in the Morris Black case. I don't remember now exactly what Pirro said but it reminded me of some of my own thoughts about Criss. I did not follow the trial at the time but, from recent stories and articles and videos I got the distinct impression that Judge Criss was in way over her head in that trial. That she was intimated by DeGuerin most of all, worried that she wouldn't be able to perform her duties as a judge at a level equal to his law abilities. I got that impression from something she herself said in an interview I recently read or saw.

So in looking back to see if I could find where I heard or read that, I happened back upon this CNN article and this truly interesting comment Judge Criss revealed about Durst:

Criss' obsession with the Durst case is such that she has been working on a book she wants to title "Descent into Madness." The final chapter keeps changing.

"Every time you think you've reached the highest level of weirdness, we go again," Criss said.

She knows more than she needs to know about Durst and his peculiarities: How he used to prepare for court sessions in the holding cell doing naked jumping jacks. How whenever he's arrested, officers find guns, drugs and stacks of Metamucil. She learned the reason for the last item from listening to 32 hours of Durst's recorded jailhouse phone calls.

"This man, his day, every day of his life, is defined as a success or not a success by how going and doing No. 2 went," she said. "That was a part of the conversations with him... It had to happen at a certain time of day or his whole day was shot. The court staff used to joke that rearranging the court schedule was going to upset Bob's schedule."​

From: http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/20/us/robert-durst-texas-judge/

I think Jeanine made a couple of interesting comments. The first was her distinction between Durst's hot mic comments at the end of The Jinx being an 'admission' as opposed to a 'confession'. She did not explain the legal difference but I think its worth exploring. She also said that the Durst letter to Susan Berman vs the "Cadaver Letter" is the most important evidence in that case (and, I agree).

She also made a comment about Judge Criss in the Morris Black case. I don't remember now exactly what Pirro said but it reminded me of some of my own thoughts about Criss. I did not follow the trial at the time but, from recent stories and articles and videos I got the distinct impression that Judge Criss was in way over her head in that trial. That she was intimated by DeGeurin most of all, worried that she wouldn't be able to perform her duties as a judge at a level equal to his law abilities. I got that impression from something she herself said in an interview I recently read or saw.

So in looking back to see if I could find where I heard or read that, I happened back upon this CNN article and this truly interesting comment Judge Criss revealed about Durst:

Criss' obsession with the Durst case is such that she has been working on a book she wants to title "Descent into Madness." The final chapter keeps changing.

"Every time you think you've reached the highest level of weirdness, we go again," Criss said.

She knows more than she needs to know about Durst and his peculiarities: How he used to prepare for court sessions in the holding cell doing naked jumping jacks. How whenever he's arrested, officers find guns, drugs and stacks of Metamucil. She learned the reason for the last item from listening to 32 hours of Durst's recorded jailhouse phone calls.

"This man, his day, every day of his life, is defined as a success or not a success by how going and doing No. 2 went," she said. "That was a part of the conversations with him... It had to happen at a certain time of day or his whole day was shot. The court staff used to joke that rearranging the court schedule was going to upset Bob's schedule."​

From: http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/20/us/robert-durst-texas-judge/

"Cathartic utterance"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-na...b_6928024.html

But what the public saw and heard with Mr. Durst, is well-known to investigators. This is not a confession per se but rather what we call a "cathartic utterance." These often take place when a suspect or interviewee is left alone by an investigator or polygraph examiner and they think they are not being recorded. They will say things such as, "God, I can't believe they found my fingerprint;" "At least they haven't found the gun;" "If they search my garage I'm screwed."

In essence, the courts recognize that a statement that is uttered without contemplation or forethought, extemporaneously in the moment, should be considered at trial because people are known to say things impromptu that can implicate them.

Joe Navarro is a Former FBI Special Agent and the author of Dangerous Personalities (Rodale).

I think almost all the players are crackpots, that is probably what makes it so very interesting to me.

February 14, 1982- "Durst apparently did not make his wife's disappearance public until Tuesday, because the family hoped to avoid publicity."

gannett bfeb 14 1982.png

Susan Criss sounds like a crackpot

She ran for State Legislature but lost. She did a good job in handling the litigation following the BP refinery blast in Texas City that killed 15 in 2005

June 2, 2008, 6:13 pm
May 29, 2008 By BRAD HEM Houston Chronicle

GALVESTON — A civil trial arising from the fatal 2005 explosion at BP's Texas City refinery is scheduled to resume today after unsuccessful efforts to settle cases Thursday when a juror's illness delayed testimony.

The juror fell ill during the midmorning recess. State District Judge Susan Criss sent the jury home and ordered lawyers to use the rest of the day working harder toward settlements.

Criss and lawyers for both sides met privately in her chambers during the afternoon.

"This is not for the media," the judge told reporters covering the trial before going behind closed doors. "It would not be conducive to what we're trying to accomplish."

By 4 p.m., however, the talks had proved fruitless, and Criss released everyone until 9 a.m. today.

Earlier, each side accused the other of stalling in negotiations, and the judge indicated impatience with the process.

"I don't want to play any more games," she told lawyers gathered at the bench Thursday morning, with some of her comments audible in the courtroom. "There are a whole lot more people affected than these egos standing in front of me. I'm tired of that crap. Try them, or settle them."

BP has settled most of the 4,000 claims in the explosion that killed 15 people, including all cases involving deaths.

About 200 cases still are pending. Jurors were seated and heard testimony in two previous trials, but those cases settled before the juries deliberated.

In the case on trial now, 10 blast victims and four of their spouses are suing the oil giant for injuries allegedly sustained in the explosion.

BP has admitted fault for the explosion but questions the extent of these plaintiffs' injuries and challenges the $950 million in punitive damages they are seeking.

Besides the $2.1 billion it has paid out or set aside for settlements, the company has pleaded guilty to a federal felony clean air violation.

She ran for State Legislature but lost. She did a good job in handling the litigation following the BP refinery blast in Texas City that killed 15 in 2005......

Well that's good to know because her recent ramblings about the Black/Durst trial, a severed cat head and her frightening encounter with RD in a mall, sound a tad crackpotty.

Well that's good to know because her recent ramblings about the Black/Durst trial, a severed cat head and her frightening encounter with RD in a mall, sound a tad crackpotty.

After she saw Durst at the Galleria, she found out he was violating his parole. He was supposed to be on house arrest wearing an ankle bracelet, not out Christmas shopping. She testified in a hearing to get his parole revoked. He also violated it by going to Galveston later. Durst won the hearing but seems to hold a grudge if he's the one who left the cat head!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFLonTR3fE[/video]

Billionaire On The Run

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz