TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ro...ert-durst-indicted-federal-gun-charge-n339496

"Now it's not just the state of Louisiana against Robert Durst. It's the United States of America against Robert Durst," said Donald "Chick" Foret, a veteran New Orleans trial lawyer who has been closely following the case.
Thanks.

From that article:

"The federal law is broader than Louisiana's statute, so prosecutors may have an easier time winning a conviction on the new charge.

Durst has argued the gun charge should be dismissed, saying it was seized illegally at a New Orleans hotel where he was staying under an alias, before a search warrant was issued. But in an affidavit, federal agents say Durst led them to the backpack where pot was found and told them he had a revolver in his jacket in the closet."

I wonder how the handwriting in the letter to Molly the journalist compares to other Durst handwriting samples Los Angeles law enforcement previously collected? I am not talking about 'block letter' samples. I wonder if there were more handwritten letters to Susan Berman? Its curious to me how 'wildly' the lines spray across the pages. Same with the return address on the envelope but not with the actual address lines.

Another thing that is curious to me is that while Molly is employed by The Los Angeles Times and has presumably at one time lived in Los Angeles during her employ she is actually currently stationed in Houston and has been for a few years I think. Bob seems to place her in Los Angeles and maybe she was during the time period he speaks of.

Anyhow, for some reason, Bob fascinates me.

Op

Wow so his brother is happy about it. It's been the rumour here in NY that Douglas has bodyguards with him at all times. One reason is that he's petrified of his brother.

Robert Durst has a very negative relationship with his families. I see that so often with other criminals. I could see him harming his brother.

I'm a late bloomer to the RD saga..just watched all 6 Jinx shows on Sun and today since my cable had free Hbo for 3 days. I am just without words, spellbound. Wow.

Robert Durst Biographer Matt Birkbeck on What The Jinx Got Wrong

Vulture / New York Magazine
By Dan Reilly
April 15, 2015

"Fifteen years before Robert Durst became a celebrity of sorts thanks to HBO's The Jinx, People reporter Matt Birkbeck began following the case, interviewing friends, family, investigators, and others about the strange real-estate tycoon and the disappearance of his wife Kathie. Following the dismemberment of Morris Black and the shooting of Susan Berman, Birkbeck wrote the 2003 book A Deadly Secret: The Bizarre and Chilling Story of Robert Durst, chronicling the case and Durst’s links to other murders"

"We recently caught up with Birkbeck to discuss the cases, the recent events, and his views on how The Jinx presented several parts of Durst's life falsely, while also omitting plenty of chilling details."

This is a good read.

Robert Durst to Cops: I Want the $161,000 You Seized

Murder suspect Robert Durst — who is worth about $100 million, according to the FBI's estimate — is demanding that authorities return $161,000 seized after his arrest.

In court papers filed Thursday, lawyers for the subject of HBO's "The Jinx" said the cash "is not needed as evidence, is not contraband, and is not subject to forfeiture" and should be returned.

read more ............... http://www.cnbc.com/id/102596284

Robert Durst to Cops: I Want the $161,000 You Seized

Murder suspect Robert Durst — who is worth about $100 million, according to the FBI's estimate — is demanding that authorities return $161,000 seized after his arrest.

In court papers filed Thursday, lawyers for the subject of HBO's "The Jinx" said the cash "is not needed as evidence, is not contraband, and is not subject to forfeiture" and should be returned.

read more ............... http://www.cnbc.com/id/102596284

:facepalm:

I think he has some sort of pathology when it comes to money. He is a mess. Stealing a chicken sandwich when he had thousands on him.

Robert Durst trial on federal gun charges moved to September

Durst's lawyers requested a 90-day extension of the June 22 trial date set at his arraignment two weeks ago. U.S. District Judge Helen Ginger Berrigan on Monday moved the trial date to September 22.

Durst, who was convicted in 2004 of bond jumping and evidence tampering in connection with the death of his neighbor, faces a single federal count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

read more .............. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/04/robert_durst_trial_date_on_fed.html

La. gun charges against Robert Durst dropped

NEW ORLEANS — Louisiana gun and drug charges against celebrity murder defendant Robert Durst have been dropped, although the millionaire real estate heir still faces a federal gun charge stemming from his New Orleans arrest in March.

Durst, who also faces a Los Angeles murder charge, is now clear of Louisiana state charges — being a felon with a firearm and possessing a firearm with narcotics — were dismissed Thursday. Prosecutors, however, reserved the right to reinstate the case in state court after the federal case is completed.

read more ......... http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/04/23/robert-durst-louisiana-gun-charges/26242559/

Robert Durst’s gun charges are now a federal case

So “it makes sense to try this case in federal court because FBI agents arrested Mr. Durst, and there shouldn’t be two prosecutions, state and federal, at the same time for the same crime,” the New York realty scion’s attorney, Dick *DeGuerin, said in an email.

read more ............ http://nypost.com/2015/04/24/robert-dursts-gun-charges-are-now-a-federal-case/

I'm wondering when he'll finally get out of New Orleans and I can't wait to see him go on trial for Susan Berman's murder. Maybe this'll be the one that FINALLY puts him away for life, and there's a chance once he knows he's going to be in jail forever he'll reveal what happened to Kathie.

In The Jinx they played a phone conversation with his current wife where they talk about why he wouldn't use the insanity defense, mainly that it would make him incompetent and might allow for his brother or other relatives to take control of his money. Maybe now he'll change his mind.

Fox’s Jeanine Pirro Writing Tell-All Book About Robert Durst with Totally Subtle Title
Mediaite
by Jamie Frevele | 4:27 pm, June 23rd, 2015

"You know you’ve been waiting for someone to write a book about the possibly confessed-murderer Robert Durst since HBO’s The Jinx ended in March. Well, Jeanine Pirro has heard your dreams loud and clear and she has announced her upcoming tell-all about her involvement with the case. In case you didn’t know where she fell in this debate, the title is pretty vague: He Killed Them All: Robert Durst And My Quest For Justice."

"Jeanine Pirro is in it to win it, cats and kittens. He Killed Them All will be released on November 3."​

http://www.mediaite.com/print/foxs-...about-robert-durst-with-totally-subtle-title/

We are coming up on the Federal Trial date of September 22nd and I noticed today that HBO is rerunning The Jinx. Of course, it is still available at their website as well.

If you haven't seen it, it is really really good, imo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haji62
Back