Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Court tomorrow :bump:

Federal court, so nothing from media from within the court . :sigh:

Robert Durst Federal Case: Both sides turn in memorandums to judge
POSTED 10:42 AM, SEPTEMBER 16, 2015, BY JACKI JING, UPDATED AT 12:06PM, SEPTEMBER 16, 2015

http://wgno.com/2015/09/16/robert-durst-federal-case-both-sides-turn-in-memorandums-to-judge/

“NEW ORLEANS (WGNO) – Attorneys for accused murderer Robert Durst and federal lawyers both turned in arguments to a judge Wednesday morning (September 16). Durst’s attorney filed a motion to suppress evidence.

Last Friday, the judge continued a hearing on the motion, deciding it would be reset, if she found it appropriate, after reading both memorandums, submitted Wednesday.”

“In April, the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s office said it would wait for this federal case to end before deciding to prosecute Durst on state weapon charges.

Durst also faces a murder charge in California.”

Okay so I guess the Federal trial is in January. I somehow must have confused myself.

"...he’s stuck in a Louisiana lockup awaiting a Jan. 11 trial on a federal charge that he illegally..."

Will someone send me a gentle nudge when this starts? I don't want to miss ONE MINUTE of this trial!

So glad to see that John Lewin will be prosecuting this trial. I've followed many cases he's worked along with Jim Wallace (investigator, since retired) and they do an incredible job. Should be interesting with Dick DeGuerin opposing.

I agree Batman's Mommy.....and no one was more surprised at the not guilty verdict than Durst himself. He looked absolutely shocked/stunned/flabbergasted that he hadn't been convicted! I still can't believe it either.

Oh, and I almost choked during 38 Hours when Dick DeGuerin stated (with a straight face, no less) that RD's utterance "killed them all, of course" (at the end of the documentary) could be construed in as many as 100 different ways - Durst wasn't talking about murder - he just mumbles incoherently all the time!! Ya, right Dick. Keep trying to sell that. (But then again, DeGuerin is a master defense attorney, I have to give him that! Obviously the Morris Black jury bought everything he sold them!)

Grrrr....

Durst in the news again today as he is in court in Louisiana for a re-arraignment in a new plea deal.

I chose the color green because that is the only color that Bobby writes in. If you follow him, you'd know that.

Real estate heir Robert Durst pleads guilty to weapons charge; set to return to L.A.
By: Travers Mackel, Investigative Reporter
The Associated Press
Published On: Feb 03 2016 09:11:06 AM CST
Updated On: Feb 03 2016 11:00:13 AM CST

http://m.wdsu.com/news/real-estate-heir-robert-durst-scheduled-for-changeofplea-hearing/37794092

“NEW ORLEANS - Real estate heir Robert Durst pleaded guilty Wednesday on a weapons charge, which will allow him to return to California to face a murder charge.

The fugitive millionaire has been held in Louisiana on the charge. WDSU reporter Travers Mackel reports that Durst entered a guilty plea in federal court.”

“Mackel reports that Durst will be sentenced on the weapons charge in late April. He will be arraigned in Los Angeles no later than August.

Prosecutors want him to forfeit only the gun, not other items found in his possession, including $117,000 in $100 bills.”​

Durst in the news again today as he is in court in Louisiana for a re-arraignment in a new plea deal.

I chose the color green because that is the only color that Bobby writes in. If you follow him, you'd know that.
Are you always this pleasant ?

I just heard this, then found Durst here. HBO's The Jinx was facinating & disturbing AND that last episode when they were finished & Durst went to the restroom still mixed!!! Did you hear what they said about him soon going to LA concerning charges for murdering his friend, Susan Berman? I didn't catch it all but he waived extradition to LA.

I just heard this, then found Durst here. HBO's The Jinx was facinating & disturbing AND that last episode when they were finished & Durst went to the restroom still mixed!!! Did you hear what they said about him soon going to LA concerning charges for murdering his friend, Susan Berman? I didn't catch it all but he waived extradition to LA.

I track capital cases through the court system/appeals process and in my notes, I have that Durst is due to be sent to California by August 18th. DeGuerin (Durst's attorney), the Los Angeles District Attorney's office, the U.S. attorneys for the eastern district of Louisiana and Orleans Parish, the Southern District of Texas, and the Southern District of New York came to an agreement that would send Durst back to CA after the Louisiana charges were resolved. Unfortunately, the link I originally got the info from is no longer active and I can't find it archived anywhere. I can't guarantee if this is still accurate. I will keep searching for an MSM source and post it if I'm successful.

I
have never seen The Jinx, might have to check it out :)

ETA: I didn't hear any of the news story, sorry!! Just saw it pop up online.

msboo, if you hear any more specific details about Durst, please post them here. I'd be very interested to hear an update! Thanks in advance

Notable from the Click2/AP article:

"Durst still faces a separate murder charge in California. ...

The most recent such statement was in a motion Monday asking U.S. District Judge Kurt Engelhardt to recommend that Durst serve his time at Terminal Island, California, about 30 miles from downtown Los Angeles, where Durst faces trial in Berman's death."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch
Back