GUILTY TX - Tylea Moore, 1, Arlington, 6 July 2014 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know if I want to cry or scream.

I've always been told that when you're pregnant your brain goes through chemical changes that in essence makes it reprogram itself in a way to make your brain scream baby every five seconds so you don't leave the carseat on the roof of your car. After I found mine I found it to be true because before her I was constantly around crying babys but when it was my baby crying it was like a house alarm going off inside my head.

There have also been studies trying to prove that the younger you have a child the less your brain is able to go through that process, and as such SOME young mothers don't get that maternal instinct that most of us have. I can't help but wonder if that's what happened here. It seems like for whatever reason she didn't get that maternal instinct. A lot of the stuff I've seen the baby is more like a fashion accessory than a tiny human being. When she does say things it almost seems like what she thinks she's supposed to say.

This is an extreme case, no, a horror story, though. There is and never will be a reason or an answer for it.

That's not to say anything against young mothers. I was one. I was a single mother the day my daughter was born, and was so over protective the only man she ever met was the one I ended up with forever. And he had to wait so long it got to the point my own mother sat me down and said it was going to far and it was ok if I felt in my heart it was right.

What struck me first...she is 17 yrs old! Do the math, the baby was 19 months old plus 9 months of pregnancy. This is so sad from conception.

What struck me second...omg, she watched the baby she carried and gave birth to savagely beaten, stomped, thrown and bit by the 'man' she thought she loved.

What struck me third...oh, no way, she rode in a car with her baby in the trunk! with this man for an hour to Springtown to bury her baby. Stopped at Walmart and bought gloves & shovels. Picked a site to bury Tylea, shoveled dirt over her, left with this 'man' and rode another hour to a motel.

What kind of shock must she have been in? What kind of fear? Did she have either?

What was the example her parents' set for parenting, providing, caring for children???

What could have been done to prevent this?

How does a mother at 15 process being a mother?

I don't know the answers but there are way too many of these stories...

Thank you for the chance here to try and digest this pitiful story. It is truly heartbreaking on every level but the only victim is Tylea.

I almost think until the mother is 18, there should legally need to be a guardian for the baby/guardian should have custody. At 15, there is no way someone is ready for everything that parenting requires.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Murdered-Babys-Father-Stands-By-Mother-266307021.html

'''"She was in fear of her life, I know that," Moore said, standing by Botello -- even after reading her account of what happened. Beard said the 17-year-old mother of his child was in an abusive relationship, scared, and was convinced that her boyfriend would murder her.
"Everyone is making it look like she was willingly an accomplice," Moore said. "Like she was willingly willing to bury her, when really... it was Josh’s idea and [Beard] said 'Hey, if you don’t do this, I'll kill you.'"'''''''''

Draw your own conclusion . :(

I must respectfully disagree with those who are suggesting the mother's age might be relevant to her allowing her baby to be beaten to death & helping her boyfriend conceal the crime. This girl's inability to protect her child stems more from a character flaw than her age, IMO.

Teenagers have been having & properly caring for babies for a very long time, and too many older mothers have allowed their sig others to abuse or even kill their children. This is not an age issue, IMO.

I myself was raising two boys by the time I was eighteen years old -- and three babies before I was twenty. This girl gets no free pass from me because of her young age.

There is no excuse for allowing your child to be beaten and helping to cover it up. None. I realize no one was offering her age up as an excuse (more as a way to understand her part in this, I think) but I really strongly feel like her age is 100% irrelevant.

I do think that society's constant devaluation of children has more to do with it than Tylea's mother's age does. I wonder how many memes promoting physical abuse of children that this monster scrolled past on social media?

:please: Please see the link in my sig for memes that promote kindness to children. :please:

JMO

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Murdered-Babys-Father-Stands-By-Mother-266307021.html

'''"She was in fear of her life, I know that," Moore said, standing by Botello -- even after reading her account of what happened. Beard said the 17-year-old mother of his child was in an abusive relationship, scared, and was convinced that her boyfriend would murder her.
"Everyone is making it look like she was willingly an accomplice," Moore said. "Like she was willingly willing to bury her, when really... it was Josh’s idea and [Beard] said 'Hey, if you don’t do this, I'll kill you.'"'''''''''

Draw your own conclusion . :(

My heart goes out to Tylea's father. I cannot honestly say that my dad, the father of my children, or most any other father I know would be so forgiving and understanding and concerned about the mother's fate as he appears to be, if they were in a similar situation. JMO.

FOX 4 News
7 mins ·
BREAKING: 17-yr-old mother of Arlington toddler stomped to death has been arrested & charged with tampering w/ evidence & injury to child...

I'm shocked it took this long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can not imagine what it's like to be in an abusive relationship. I don't know that constant fear. I do however know that no matter the situation or my state of mind someone would have to kill me before i would watch them hurt my daughter, much less stomp her to death. There is no amount of fear that would change that. I think every other mother I know would say and do the same.

Her age is not an excuse. The abusive relationship is not an excuse. There is no excuse. This is a vile horror story. She deserves the charges, and she deserves what ever punishment comes her way from them.

I don't think there is a punishment worthy of what he did though. It's Texas, and he murdered a BABY. I have very little doubt of what the outcome will be for him. DP.

While most children were enjoying BBQ, pools, playing with friends, and fireworks in what is one of Texas' most fun holidays this little girl was heinously and mercilessly murdered. It's cases like this the reason there is a death penalty in my opinion.

I'm sure he'll eat those words eventually If a mother can watch her defenseless baby being stomped to death it's not a stretch to believe she inflicted some abuse as well.

Yeah - not sticking up for this sorry who didn't want to turn her boyfriend in... but must people REALLY make bitter, nasty comments about how young she was when she had her baby? There's PLENTY of teenaged mothers who aren't like this one. And how is having a baby 'disgusting? Or is it the unmarried sex people are complaining about?

I'll stick to complaining about the dead child, I think.

I think the mother ought to do some hard time. If she's charged with injury to the child, she just might. Usually, though, the women complicit in these crimes get a much lesser sentence. In some cases, I guess it's warranted. In this one, not so much. I hope she gets the same sentence as the scum she hooked up with.

I cannot comprehend how women (of *all* ages) can put a man over the welfare of their babies.

I can not imagine what it's like to be in an abusive relationship. I don't know that constant fear. I do however know that no matter the situation or my state of mind someone would have to kill me before i would watch them hurt my daughter, much less stomp her to death. There is no amount of fear that would change that. I think every other mother I know would say and do the same.

Her age is not an excuse. The abusive relationship is not an excuse. There is no excuse. This is a vile horror story. She deserves the charges, and she deserves what ever punishment comes her way from them.

I don't think there is a punishment worthy of what he did though. It's Texas, and he murdered a BABY. I have very little doubt of what the outcome will be for him. DP.

While most children were enjoying BBQ, pools, playing with friends, and fireworks in what is one of Texas' most fun holidays this little girl was heinously and mercilessly murdered. It's cases like this the reason there is a death penalty in my opinion.

And the image I can't get out of my head is little Tylea wondering why mommy wasn't helping her..........

"He didn't mean to do it!" This was after the cat was out of the bag and she had admitted that he had killed her daughter. Which part didn't he mean to do? The stomping, the punching, the biting or assaulting the mother?

I cannot understand her mentality. She was safe from him at this time. He was in gaol and yet she is making excuses for him. She lied when questioned. She had the opportunity to tell LE everything but she tried to cover it up. I have no sympathy for her at all.
In my opinion she chose this aggressive demented maniac over her tiny little daughter and is still choosing him. Let her go down with him. JMOO

And the image I can't get out of my head is little Tylea wondering why mommy wasn't helping her..........

That actually made me cry. All I can think about is that look babies give when they hurt themselves and they want mommy to make it better. That look that makes you feel so useless and helpless when you can't take the pain away and all you can do is hold them and cuddle them.

How many times did Tylea give her mom that look when she was being abused? The night of her death and before?

I think she was LaborDayRN.

I'm not defending mom (AB) here but if you can handle reading the graphic description of the events written in the search warrant, read it. If she told the truth, she didn't just stand by and let JB kill Tylea. I know there are other options she didn't do (call 911, grab Tylea and just RUN, etc.) but I feel better reading that she tried *somewhat* to save her daughter.

The FB pages show a history of aggression and anger issues posted by other people regarding JB, I believe JB was physical with mom too. She must have been completely terrified for her own life!
I am glad she was charged, I don't think she's scott free but I do see her as his victim as well as precious Tylea.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/Search+Warrant+1+-+14-35860.pdf

Now that the egg donor has been arrested as well....last night I read through her twitter and FB accounts. I believe it was in the twitter account that she mentions the child needing a spanking, and would get one later that day for something minor the child had done. IMO, at 19 months, way too young for spankings. Second I noticed, BOTH of her parents have numerous kids. She stated her Dad was in his 30's and had 10 kids. Mom remarried, had a reverse tubal, and is either pregnant now, or just delivered another child. Something wrong when the parent and the child are pregnant near the same time. I cannot imagine.

On her facebook, someone commented that he use to pick up the boyfriend to go to the gym, and noticed the bruising on the egg donors face, and body, and told him that he needed to stop beating her. She had only been with his guy since Feb., however, on her twitter account, she was mentioning moving out when she graduated. And she did. Her Mom's facebook account will have a bearing in a trial, IMO. She had written early on that she was worried about her daughter, and granddaughter. That the guy she was with was keeping her away from family, didn't let her have a phone, didn't let be alone when he was at work, etc. (IF) that is true, it will go towards her defense, again, IMO.

As for her age, no I wouldn't stand up and say people should have babies when they aren't able to take care of themselves. I mean, if you're still dependent on a parent, then probably not a good idea. However, things happen. There by the grace of God go I! Sometimes no matter what their upbringing was, mistakes happen. Babies are NOT mistakes. The act of sex would be the mistake. Some people lack that father figure and start looking for it young. Some lack the attention they need, and if a male fills that gap, they will take it. I don't know the circumstances with her relationship that resulted in a baby...

I don't understand why the grandparent did NOT call the police when she feared all these things might happen. She stated he had outstanding warrants, so they knew he had a bad background. He would have been arrested on those warrants, and while the daughter might have been upset about it, maybe she would have been grateful for a chance to get away? I don't know...

Such a horrific act. Evil is all around. Poor baby. Looks like Mom's desire to be away from her home was intense enough that she was willing to move in with anyone. Who knows why... could just be a young mom, wanting to do her thing without someone telling her how to raise the child, etc. In the Mom's twitter account, she mentions several times about curfews and rules being a bit too late, that she is a Mom herself now, and she doesn't need someone telling her what to do, etc. At her age, I doubt she would be able to see manipulative, abusive grooming behavior that many of us can see a mile away. She doesn't have the life experiences yet to draw on those conclusions, and doubtful she was receptive to the idea of anyone trying to warn her of such. Typical abusers start out being all nice, and such, and then the controlling behavior shows up. I've never been physically abused, but was controlled mentally.

Yes, a minor... She's close to my daughter's age, who also just graduated. Oh the wonderful teen years of a girl! Whew! And my daughter was a good kid!! But the attitude, hormones, whatever that cases teens to react, think, etc... give me a room of 2yr olds anyday!! However, the rules here remain the same, our home, my house, my rules. You don't want a curfew? Then get that job and find your own place, or start paying rent. Don't want to help with housework? Then hand the keys to the car over for a week and lets rethink that. (which only happened once, because she realizes I'm disabled and need the help.) But, my daughter is also the baby. I only have two kids. So much different circumstances. I breaks my heart that a baby has lost her life. No matter the circumstances, this will affect many people for years to come.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston
Back