TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNN: Video captures moment in radio call of child saying 'I got shot'

A Facebook live video outside of Robb Elementary School during the shooting includes an apparent radio call of a child saying they had been shot.

This is too much. A little voice says "I got shot".

According to sources, the decision to stop cooperating occurred soon after the director of DPS, Col. Steven McCraw, held a news conference Friday during which he said the delayed police entry into the classroom was "the wrong decision" and contrary to protocol.

Last edited:
There is an argument to be made here about having cameras in the classroom. As unsettling and gruesome that feed would have been - it would have fed valuable real-time information to those LE that just kept waiting outside the door.

I have approached this idea a few times with administration and was shot down in flames every time - the unions are dead set against it - citing "privacy" concerns. But, today, even day cares now have cameras where moms at work can call up the cam and see their baby in real-time. Plus there have been many many instances where "bad" day care workers are caught abusing children!

I would say "if you aren't doing anything wrong - and doing your job - what do you care if you are on camera?" Plus, they already have cameras in the hallways and other places.

I am a mom first and I know I would have rested easier if there would have been cameras in the classroom. But what do I know? I'm just a lowly, underpaid teacher - the powers that be (which some have never been in the classroom or it has been YEARS since they were) always have to feel that they know better!!!!!

JMHO
I don't see this changing as FERPA law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education, and no public school can survive without federal funds.

Specific to elementary schools where the typical age is 5-11, I think there's a reasonable expectation for school entrances, and perhaps the corridor to be surveilled, but I also don't think it appropriate to film children this young 24/7 inside the classroom. Otherwise, I really don't have an opinion on whether or not teachers and/or their unions oppose cameras in the classroom.

IMO, it's entry to the premises that will benefit an investigation. As a parent, the last thing I'd want is the knowledge that a video of the carnage inside the classroom exists, let alone see it. :eek:

At Robb Elementary, does anybody know what the large box structures are outside the building, on each side of the back door entrance used by the shooter? I just know that whatever they are -- they affect my own view of the subject entering the building, and hope any new school is designed where all ingress/egress to the building is visually clear without any obstructions. MOO

Last edited:
Investigators initially said the teacher had propped the door open with a rock and did not remove it before Salvador Ramos, 18, entered the building May 24. Investigators have now determined that the teacher, who has not been identified, removed the rock and closed the door when she realized there was a shooter on campus but that it did not lock, said Travis Considine, chief communications officer for the Texas Department of Public Safety.

According to sources, the decision to stop cooperating occurred soon after the director of DPS, Col. Steven McCraw, held a news conference Friday during which he said the delayed police entry into the classroom was "the wrong decision" and contrary to protocol.

Investigators initially said the teacher had propped the door open with a rock and did not remove it before Salvador Ramos, 18, entered the building May 24. Investigators have now determined that the teacher, who has not been identified, removed the rock and closed the door when she realized there was a shooter on campus but that it did not lock, said Travis Considine, chief communications officer for the Texas Department of Public Safety.

I feel horrible for this teacher. I really hope no one blames her, this is awful!

It is all so confusing!
The story changes every day o_O

And what does it mean that Uvalde Police doesn't cooperate with Texas Department of Public Safety??

I don't see this changing as FERPA law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education, and no public school can survive without federal funds.

Specific to elementary schools where the typical age is 5-11, I think there's a reasonable expectation for school entrances, and perhaps the corridor to be surveilled, but I also don't think it appropriate to film children this young 24/7 inside the classroom. Otherwise, I really don't have an opinion on whether or not teachers and/or their unions oppose cameras in the classroom.

IMO, it's entry to the premises that will benefit an investigation. As a parent, the last thing I'd want is the knowledge that the carnage inside the classroom exists, let alone see it. :eek:

At Robb Elementary, does anybody know what the large box structures are outside the building, on each side of the back door entrance used by the shooter? I just know that whatever they are -- they affect my own view of the subject entering the building, and hope any new school is designed where all ingress/egress to the building is visually clear without any obstructions. MOO
RBBM above

Could you ad a link or pic of the box structures you are referring to please?

Also, are we even sure at this point what door the shooter used? I thought they had the teacher on video leaving a door open & SR entering the same door but now she's lawyered up saying that is wrong.

It's a complicated scene with what we think are known facts changing hourly, it seems. I wish we had clearer internal and external layouts of all the buildings involved. I have so many questions!

LOCAL HELP: Has anyone on this thread been inside the buildings nearest the parking lot?

TIA
MOO

A teacher that Texas law enforcement officials claimed had left a door propped open that allowed the gunman to enter Robb Elementary School had closed the door, her San Antonio lawyer told The San Atonio Express-News.

Her attorney said she ran back inside to get her phone to call 911, then came back out while on the phone with 911, and ran back inside after witnesses at the funeral home next to the school shouted out that Ramos was armed.

“She kicked the rock away [that was propping the door open] when she went back in. She remembers pulling the door closed while telling 911 that he was shooting. She thought the door would lock because that door is always supposed to be locked,” her attorney said, according to the newspaper.

A law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said surveillance video and audio verifies the employee removed the rock holding the door open and closed it….

The source said at least one other school employee has reported to federal agents and DPS that at least one other door in the building did not lock, so investigators are looking into that report. Investigators also have received reports that another entry/exit door into the building was open during school hours, the source said.

I trust surveillance will answer the question one way or another because it sure sounded to me from the director of DPS that two teachers were involved. The first teacher that went outside before the shooter drove up and crashed, and the second teacher per the linked news. I dunno ... it doesn't appear to me that the second teacher could be the same teacher that the SRO encountered in the car park. Also, if the door was known to be unlocked, as some alleged, there'd be no reason to use a rock to prop it open. JMO

The Texas Health and Human Services Commission is working with the local mental health authority and the numerous entities offering support to the Uvalde community to provide a single access point for mental health services.

Members of the Uvalde community seeking state mental health services can receive help through a single 24/7 hotline: 1-888-690-0799.

It is all so confusing!
The story changes every day o_O

And what does it mean that Uvalde Police doesn't cooperate with Texas Department of Public Safety??
It says both the Uvalde Police as well as the school district police have stopped cooperating.

Maybe their attorneys have made this decision? It seems unusual to me.

The grandmother of the crazed gunman who killed 21 at a Texas elementary school last week worked at the school as a teacher’s aide, a close friend of the family told The Post.
Public records list “Sally,” as she was known to her friends and acquaintances, as a teacher’s aide at Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District. A spokeswoman for the school district could not be immediately reached for comment.

It says both the Uvalde Police as well as the school district police have stopped cooperating.

Maybe their attorneys have made this decision? It seems unusual to me.
But isn't this Safety Department superior in authority to Uvalde Police?

A teacher that Texas law enforcement officials claimed had left a door propped open that allowed the gunman to enter Robb Elementary School had closed the door, her San Antonio lawyer told The San Atonio Express-News.

Her attorney said she ran back inside to get her phone to call 911, then came back out while on the phone with 911, and ran back inside after witnesses at the funeral home next to the school shouted out that Ramos was armed.

“She kicked the rock away [that was propping the door open] when she went back in. She remembers pulling the door closed while telling 911 that he was shooting. She thought the door would lock because that door is always supposed to be locked,” her attorney said, according to the newspaper.

A law enforcement source familiar with the investigation said surveillance video and audio verifies the employee removed the rock holding the door open and closed it….

The source said at least one other school employee has reported to federal agents and DPS that at least one other door in the building did not lock, so investigators are looking into that report. Investigators also have received reports that another entry/exit door into the building was open during school hours, the source said.

Perhaps it had become habit for the teachers to prop that door open?

To go out to smoke? Retrieve items from your car? Maybe get your lunch? (I doubt you’d leave food in your vehicle in the Texas heat).

So who watches the kids in your classroom when you go outside? Maybe they have two people in every classroom so someone is always there with the children.
JMO

That was one of my early questions as well. An article was posted here saying that his cousins son was in the classroom, that a few weeks ago he was asking the boy all about the school. So in my opinion he just wanted to shoot up an elementary school it was close and he was able to obtain some intel.
The shooter asked his cousin about the lunch schedule.

I think it's more likely than not that SR attended Robb Elementary, as did his mother, and where his grandmother was once employed.

Also, there's a long-held tradition where the graduating Uvalde High School Seniors return to Robb Elementary school in their cap and gowns and march through the halls where the elementary students hold up signs of congratulations to the class of 202X -- where some of the students here are siblings of the seniors.

I believe the Class of 2022 did their senior march on Monday, the day before the shooting. (I previously saw the school march by the Class of 2021, and it brought tears to my eyes). MOO

Last edited:
RBBM above

Could you ad a link or pic of the box structures you are referring to please?

Also, are we even sure at this point what door the shooter used? I thought they had the teacher on video leaving a door open & SR entering the same door but now she's lawyered up saying that is wrong.

It's a complicated scene with what we think are known facts changing hourly, it seems. I wish we had clearer internal and external layouts of all the buildings involved. I have so many questions!

LOCAL HELP: Has anyone on this thread been inside the buildings nearest the parking lot?

TIA
MOO
This film has been on nearly every network reporting this crime. Perhaps DM has a still photo-- I'll look.

ETA: During the presser on 5/25, DPS Director used a graphic to illustrate the classrooms and where the shooter entered the building. It's been posted here upthread.

Last edited:
I trust surveillance will answer the question one way or another because it sure sounded to me from the director of DPS that two teachers were involved. The first teacher that went outside before the shooter drove up and crashed, and the second teacher per the linked news. I dunno ... it doesn't appear to me that the second teacher could be the same teacher that the SRO encountered in the car park. Also, if the door was known to be unlocked, as some alleged, there'd be no reason to use a rock to prop it open. JMO
So as she was kicking the rock aside and closing the door, shots were being fired or maybe the shooter was crouched behind the car? I assumed that teacher was the same that the officer mistook as the gunman.

She closed the door, thinking it would lock behind her. Was the janitor the only person who had keys to lock or unlock the doors? Why were two doors left unlocked that day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly