TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The State of Texas is conducting a criminal investigation.

Investigators have sought details about the gunman’s online chats
Search warrants or subpoenas have been issued for the gunman’s cell phone and social media accounts.

The investigation is also focused on the law enforcement response to the shooting

Miah Cerrillo testifies to Congress via video:

Just heartbreaking. This little hero has almost completely shut down, it seems. I hope there are some experienced trauma therapists available to everyone affected by this senseless violence.

He told my teacher goodnight, and shot her in the head'​

Two best friends at Uvalde elementary school who texted each other 'I love you' nightly before being killed in mass shooting will be buried next to each other.​

The lawsuit names Ramos' mother, Adriana Reyes, as a potential defendant as the shooter, who was killed by law enforcement, does not yet have official representation over his estate.

I sent British reports, as some American ones don't open for me in Europe.

The lawsuit names Ramos' mother, Adriana Reyes, as a potential defendant as the shooter, who was killed by law enforcement, does not yet have official representation over his estate.

I sent British reports, as some American ones don't open for me in Europe.

Just to be clear, I think it's understood that the suit is not mistakenly looking to SR's estate for the financial relief the injured victims seek, but are using this suit as a vehicle to gather information, and depose others, not otherwise available to them. The suit can be amended to name others as more information is discovered. MOO

From the link:

'This initial lawsuit will allow us to discover evidence and possibly add other parties to the lawsuit, if necessary,' Henry said in a statement on Monday.

'The discovery process will focus on the school system, law enforcement, social media, and gun and ammunition manufacturers,' he added, noting that he was also investigating the guns and ammunition Ramos used in the massacre that killed 19 students and their two teachers inside the Robb Elementary School on May 24.

Just heartbreaking. This little hero has almost completely shut down, it seems. I hope there are some experienced trauma therapists available to everyone affected by this senseless violence.
It doesn’t make the horror go away, but fwiw, over $475k has been raised for Miah to help her in years to come.

It doesn’t make the horror go away, but fwiw, over $475k has been raised for Miah to help her in years to come.

No, it won't make it go away. I just read a story about then 8 yr old Shasta Groene (now 25) that will be part of a 2-hour special on Monday (People Magazine Investigates). Survivors' guilt is a lifetime battle for most....

It was 2005 when Shasta witnessed her mother, stepdad, and brother brutally murdered in their family's home in Wolf Lodge, Idaho, by 42 yr old sex offender Joseph Duncan, who then abducted Shasta and her 9 yr old brother Dylan, eventually murdering Dylan but not before forcing them to 7 weeks of captivity and sexual assault.

Shasta was rescued when she was recognized by customers and employees at Denny's restaurant in Couer d' Alene. Duncan died in 2021 and she tells how his death has truly been a big part of her healing. She's lived in seclusion, repeatedly going full circle from survivor's guilt, self-medicating beginning at age 12, cutting, eating disorders, and more. Participating in this special is a big step for her and I wish her the best for continued healing.

Michael Board

@MikeBoard1200

@Uvalde_CISD giving an update on school shooting. kids at robb elementary will be moved to two different elemenary schools. no word yet what will happen to robb elementary

Uvalde Superintendent Hal Harrell said they're hiring more ISD cops.

Sup. Harrell asked if he still trusts ISD police chief arredondo, who was incident commander "no comment."

Sup. Harrell says they're getting community input if robb elementary will be torn down

Sup Harrell says he cannot address if school pd chief arredondo is still employed by the district

Michael Board
@MikeBoard1200

@Uvalde_CISD giving an update on school shooting. kids at robb elementary will be moved to two different elemenary schools. no word yet what will happen to robb elementary

Sup. Harrell asked if he still trusts ISD police chief arredondo, who was incident commander "no comment."

Sup. Harrell says they're getting community input if robb elementary will be torn down

Sup Harrell says he cannot address if school pd chief arredondo is still employed by the district
I understand all teachers and staff will also be employed in other schools, right?

These 2 other elementary schools might work in shift system with additional pupils.
This depends on how many classrooms will be available.

Last edited:
Michael Board
@MikeBoard1200

I get the feeling from these "no comment" comments, that the school board is probably in the process of terminating Arredondo. Just my opinion.
I do like that they are taking input from the community about what happens to the school. Let the people decide on this.

I get the feeling from these "no comment" comments, that the school board is probably in the process of terminating Arredondo. Just my opinion.
I do like that they are taking input from the community about what happens to the school. Let the people decide on this.

At Sandy Hook, families, students and teachers as well as the community had a voice in the rebuilding of the school. What exists today is an awesome state of the art secure building that represents all who died, survived and endured through that tragedy. Sandy Hook Elementary School was rebuilt after the shooting — and it hides high security in beautiful design

At Sandy Hook, families, students and teachers as well as the community had a voice in the rebuilding of the school. What exists today is an awesome state of the art secure building that represents all who died, survived and endured through that tragedy. Sandy Hook Elementary School was rebuilt after the shooting — and it hides high security in beautiful design
Beautiful!
What a lovely and safe place to spend time.

I would like to work there! :)

Very touching tribute to the victims.
And also pragmatic.

“IIliana Treviño, a fourth grader at Robb Elementary School, lost her best friend, Amerie Jo Garza, in last month's mass shooting at the Uvalde, Texas, school.
According to IIliana's mother, Amerie, 10, would protect IIliana, 11, from school bullies. After visiting Amerie's memorial last week, Iliana's heart rate spiked. Her mother rushed her to the hospital, where doctors told her IIliana had been on the verge of having a heart attack. More than a week later, she remains hospitalized.”

Heavily armed officers delayed confronting a gunman in Uvalde, Texas, for more than an hour despite supervisors at the scene being told that some trapped with him in two elementary school classrooms were in need of medical treatment, a new review of video footage and other investigative material shows. Instead, the documents show, they waited for protective equipment to lower the risk to law enforcement officers.

The school district police chief, who was leading the response to the May 24 shooting, appeared to be agonizing over the length of time it was taking to secure the shields that would help protect officers when they entered and to find a key for the classroom doors, It was not clear from the transcript if anyone had tried the door to see if it was locked.
according to law enforcement documents and video gathered as part of the investigation reviewed by The New York Times...

The chief, Pete Arredondo, and others at the scene became aware that not everyone inside the classrooms was already dead, the documents showed, including a report from a school district police officer whose wife, a teacher, had spoken to him by phone from one of the classrooms to say she had been shot…

A cascade of failures took place at the school: the local police radio system, later tests showed, did not function properly inside the building; classroom doors could not be quickly locked in an emergency; and after an initial burst of shooting from the gunman, no police officer went near the door again for more than 40 minutes, instead hanging back at a distance in the hallway…

Chief Arredondo was among the first officers to enter the school and approach the classrooms where the gunman was…

Officers could be seen in video footage rushing a few children out of the room and carrying out Ms. Mireles, who appeared to be in extreme pain. She reached an ambulance, but died before reaching a hospital.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member