TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What's more disturbing to me is the message she's sending. As if the life of HER son was more important than the life of any other child in danger. Imo
Yep, that pretty much is the message she was conveying. "I'll go in to save my child, but for other kids.... I'm just gonna hang outside." She should not be in law enforcement.

I'd be interested to know what exactly the school district did in looking at candidates to hire.

Yep, that pretty much is the message she was conveying. "I'll go in to save my child, but for other kids.... I'm just gonna hang outside." She should not be in law enforcement.

I'd be interested to know what exactly the school district did in looking at candidates to hire.
I doubt much has changed in UCISD's hiring practices where extending an offer to the former trooper was not much different than the way they hired the former police chief. Local, small town, who you know politics. If not for CNN calling the District out here, I think shed's still be on the job!

The district is deeply distressed because they got CAUGHT! IMO

Following this CNN report, the school district issued a statement announcing her termination effective Thursday.

“We are deeply distressed by the information that was disclosed yesterday evening concerning one of our recently hired employees, Crimson Elizondo,” the statement from the district said. “We sincerely apologize to the victim’s families and the greater Uvalde community for the pain that this revelation has caused. Ms. Elizondo’s statement in the audio is not consistent with the District’s expectations.”

“It’s also unclear if the school district knew of the investigation when she was hired.”

^What complete and utter nonsense. A police officer is hired by UCISD and they might not know about the investigation?

Why is it unclear to CNN?
Zero chance they did not know. She is ON camera.

The sh*tshow in Uvalde continues.

jmo
Totally! And this is only because the parent’s of the victims have been protesting for days.

That school board/superintendent have a lot of questions they should be answering.

I am a bit irritated by the State Senator blaming the Governor. That is pure political and trying to deflect from his local school board. There were clear failures before the shooting and now again after. This is primarily a local failure. The state is investigating the DPS response, and this officer was a target of that investigation. It isn't the job of the state to oversee who the school district is hiring.

Last edited:
@ShimonPro

Uvalde School suspends UCISD police department.

Lt Miguel Hernandez who received the email about Elizondo’s investigation has been put on administrative leave.

@tplohetski

In a statement, the district says that "recent developments have uncovered additional concerns in department operations." One official, Ken Mueller, director of student services, has also now resigned, the district says.

The district said that this comes amid a management and organizational review by the Texas Police Chiefs Association. Meanwhile, the district is asking for more state troopers to help patrol campuses.

Last edited:
The police department for the Uvalde, Texas, school district has been suspended "for a period of time" amid fallout from the response to the May 24 Robb Elementary shooting that left 19 students and two teachers dead...

The district also placed Lt. Miguel Hernandez and Ken Mueller, director of student services, on administrative leave.

AUSTIN, Texas — New outrage ripped through Uvalde on Thursday over revelations that a school police officer hired after the Robb Elementary massacre was not only on campus during the May attack as a Texas state trooper but under investigation over her actions while a gunman killed 19 students and two teachers.

The hiring of Officer Crimson Elizondo was first reported by CNN on Wednesday night. Less than 24 hours later, the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District fired Elizondo on Thursday in the face of swift and mounting backlash from families of the fourth-grade victims and Texas lawmakers...

The Uvalde School District no longer has a link to their police department.
I wondered at the beginning of this why a school district as small as Uvalde would have its own police department. Just seems so wasteful and inefficient. Now the school is having to ask for more DPS officers for security. The existing "Officers currently employed will fill other roles in the district." They will still be paid. If I was a tax payer there I would be furious with how my money is just being thrown away.

The Uvalde School District no longer has a link to their police department.
I wondered at the beginning of this why a school district as small as Uvalde would have its own police department. Just seems so wasteful and inefficient. Now the school is having to ask for more DPS officers for security. The existing "Officers currently employed will fill other roles in the district." They will still be paid. If I was a tax payer there I would be furious with how my money is just being thrown away.
The school district I work for pays an outside firm to handle the security at our schools. However… we have 56 schools. So, employing police officers to do the job isn’t all that feasible. Nevertheless, Uvalde tax dollars might be better spent paying an independent contractor to handle security matters (if Texas law allows it).

The UCISD PD did not exist until 2018. So they're only going back four years in time. There was a push after the Sante Fe school shooting to develop depts at small districts.

It sounds like it could be chaotic, but considering that the police force only had a short life of four years, they will probably go back to what they were doing prior to 2018.

The UCISD PD did not exist until 2018. So they're only going back four years in time. There was a push after the Sante Fe school shooting to develop depts at small districts.

It sounds like it could be chaotic, but considering that the police force only had a short life of four years, they will probably go back to what they were doing prior to 2018.
I don't recall the deadline for nationwide compliance but I recall the mandate described below came with federal dollars (grants by DOJ) available for states to fund school resource officers (RSO), and school district police departments. 2018 sounds about right to me.

Between the US Dept of Education and the US Dept of Homeland Security, there have been a combination of Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools, Active Shooter Preparedness regs, and the Presidential Policy Directive (PPD) 8, which was signed by the president in March 2011 (describes the nation’s approach to preparedness) that ultimately resulted in a presidential mandate for every state legislature to enact Active Shooter and Intruder Response Training for Schools.

If not for Uvalde, there was already a big push with the current administration and the ACLU to eliminate the funding.

UVALDE, Texas — Uvalde’s school district superintendent announced Monday he plans to resign by the end of the academic year, following months of community outrage over the handling of the United States’ deadliest school shooting in nearly a decade.

“My heart was broken on May 24th,” Hal Harrell said in a statement.

The Uvalde school board voted unanimously Monday evening to begin the search for Harrell’s successor...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cassie1678
Back