TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The propped open door was the way the shooter gained access to the building. Had the door not been propped open would he have been able to get in?
He may have still gotten in. There is NO guarantee of safety, no where, ever. But that open door is the largest mistake in this scenario. Had it been closed, it would have bought a bit of time.

There are numerous other problems with that particular school in terms of safety.

Armchair quarterbacks can rant about how things went down all they wish, but busting in to a classroom with a man standing there firing 5.56 NATO rounds at the door while you're trying is suicide.

If not for that propped-open door, this almost certainly would have been a blink-and-miss-it news story about a high school dropout who took potshots at the outside of a school building before being killed by LE. Unless there was another propped open door or he climbed in through a window (success there would be...doubtful), he most likely would not have gained entry to the interior of the building. (It's normal and reasonable to be able to walk up to a school building; it's not normal to be able to walk up and find an open/unlocked door.)

Secondarily, LE and building administration are responsible for not putting the school into immediate lockdown. A man was opening fire across the street from the school and then in the school’s own parking lot for 12 minutes (per MSM that was linked here recently), but this school was inexplicably not in lockdown and classrooms were not locked (per MSM reports of Miah and another classroom teacher) until the shooter was inside the building. The door I can understand; this, I can’t.

I'm not even touching how LE handled the response. I'm a school person. But these kids and teachers deserved to go home.

MOO/JMO.

He may have still gotten in. There is NO guarantee of safety, no where, ever. But that open door is the largest mistake in this scenario. Had it been closed, it would have bought a bit of time.

There are numerous other problems with that particular school in terms of safety.

Armchair quarterbacks can rant about how things went down all they wish, but busting in to a classroom with a man standing there firing 5.56 NATO rounds at the door while you're trying is suicide.
I totally agree! There is no guarantee.

Having a classroom for many many years and being responsible for 15-25 young lives, I have grappled with this. Every time I got a new classroom, I would take a break from the decorating to sit in my chair, at my desk and say to myself - "how am I going to get them out?"

Some rooms were better than others and I have had a few that would have been catastrophic. But I always "did my homework" and had a plan (or a couple of plans for different scenarios). But there were never meetings or group discussions as to how (as a group) we would handle this. Sure trainings on drills or emergency medical response but never about evacuation, evading, stopping, or even breaking windows to get them out were ever discussed. EVER. You were on your own. And that's what is missing in our schools.

A week after his conversation with Salazar's son, Ramos would drive to the little boy's school armed with an AR-15 assault rifle and shoot up the building and kill 21 people.

The third grader was in class when Ramos began his killing spree, but was fortunately unscathed in the mass shooting.

Estrada’s grandson was not hurt and told his family he and his class were coming back from lunch when they heard several gunshots. Laura Bell Castanon lost her niece, Annabelle Rodriguez, during the shooting.

Last edited:
"Chilling photos emerge"

The article says this, which I find hard to believe: Texas cops said last night that they didn't immediately rush in to find the shooter on Tuesday's attack after being shot at because they feared they might be killed, and even suggested that they deliberately locked the gunman in the classroom where he slaughtered 21 people in order to trap him.

I see a lot of discussion about doors open
With the information we have now it appears that several things contributed to the tragedy. Some of these things might have prevented it.

A door propped open, unlocked doors, a school resource officer not at his post. Just to name a few.

Hopefully the investigation will contribute information to help prevent school shooting tragedies in the future.
IMO school doors locked or not shouldn’t be responsible in any way to what happened. Here schools are opened and one can just walk in. School shouldn’t be alcatraz. Main contributing factor was giving an access to lethal weapon to obviously disturbed 18y old . Imo

I see a lot of discussion about doors open

IMO school doors locked or not shouldn’t be responsible in any way to what happened. Here schools are opened and one can just walk in. School shouldn’t be alcatraz. Main contributing factor was giving an access to lethal weapon to obviously disturbed 18y old . Imo
True.

But...

Nevertheless, my school (Poland) has all doors locked during lessons, so nobody uninvited can "waltz in".
In summer, one door leading to the school yard is open only during breaks, but then it is immediately closed when pupils return to classrooms.

True.

But...

Nevertheless, my school (Poland) has all doors locked during lessons, so nobody uninvited can "waltz in".
In summer, one door leading to the school yard is open only during breaks, but then it is immediately closed when pupils return to classrooms.
Here its a little different at least schools I had contact with. I just walked in.

The police said the door was barricaded… but it was the janitor’s *key* that opened the door. That seemed to be part of the delay.

I’m going back to my question about where the principal was. I only know from witnessing a Canadian school lockdown that the principal was there, vocal and leading. (Who knows more about the school than them?)

I’ve searched, but may have missed the principal’s statement or what they did. (I only found interviews from their former principal.)

ETA: I would think he or she would be there with keys and information for the police.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member