TX - Veterinarian under investigation for killing cat with arrow.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Veterinary Clinic post on this ... some comments are also eye opening as to who was commenting on her post about the killing and cheering her on, her mom, other employees?, some guy who owns a Western store. Her mom claimed she took the picture.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Washington-Animal-Clinic-PLLC/351932558158809?fref=nf
http://www.bighorncountywy.gov/dep-treasurer-about-us.htm

Wow. Apparently she was "practicing in the yard" when poor kitty came by.

And other employees at the vet's office were cheering her posts about the cat. If I were a client there I would not trust any of them after this, no matter how much I liked a different vet. This woman is a sociopath and she worked there for TWO YEARS.

6,000 likes regarding the comment that she was fired. I think her career is done.

Wow. Apparently she was "practicing in the yard" when poor kitty came by.

And other employees at the vet's office were cheering her posts about the cat. If I were a client there I would not trust any of them after this, no matter how much I liked a different vet. This woman is a sociopath and she worked there for TWO YEARS.

6,000 likes regarding the comment that she was fired. I think her career is done.

I agree, there is something wrong with her and the rest of them.

I'm interested to see whether her license will be revoked.

What a bunch of BS about living in the "country". Rural folks don't run around killing their neighbors pets for sport nor brag about it.

If pets are allowed to endanger livestock OR "run" deer during hunting season then yes there is a real risk of them being shot however even then it usually involves a warning to the owner, if it keeps happening then the animal might "disappear".

Bragging about killing a neighbors pet shows this woman is a self-righteous nutcase; she likely targeted the animal because it was a "tom cat", instead of neutering the cat she got off on killing him.

I noticed the comments in that article were shut down in part because of death threats towards the vet.

Sonya610 thank you. I see it's still not safe for me to post on this topic, without risking a T/O? People like this literally turn my stomach. :(

What a horrible, heartless *****. I would not let her pathetic butt anywhere near my animals; glad the vet hospital fired.

The clinic facebook page is getting ugly; apparently the story is being picked up by foreign news outlets.

I don't feel bad at ALL for the owners of that clinic. If they had real standards regarding kindness towards their animal patients the lunatic vet NEVER would have dared post/brag about killing the cat. The fact other staff members apparently encouraged the post just shows the owners of the clinic have NO real standards.

Company attitudes come from the top and filter down. Shameful.

I wish people would have greater respect for the creatures that share this planet with us. Just because they aren't considered "human being" doesn't give us the right to treat them cruelty. Very sad situation and so senseless.

KBTX Coverage

Dr Lindsey has some supporters who feel that people are weighing in who have no real understanding of the country. Obviously we cant read her FB page now, but she allegedly believed that this would not be a problem for her.
Obviously, in my opinion, she is a narcissistic sociopath with a god-complex who should not have any kind of a job involving animal care. How she became a veterinarian is beyond belief unless it was to be judge, jury and executioner of innocent animals who rely on humans to care for them.

Anyone who would mercilessly kill any animal, let alone someone's pet because it is outdoors, should suffer the same fate.

Rest in peace, dear kitty....you are safe now in Heaven. :rose:

MOO

The clinic facebook page is getting ugly; apparently the story is being picked up by foreign news outlets.

I don't feel bad at ALL for the owners of that clinic. If they had real standards regarding kindness towards their animal patients the lunatic vet NEVER would have dared post/brag about killing the cat. The fact other staff members apparently encouraged the post just shows the owners of the clinic have NO real standards.

Company attitudes come from the top and filter down. Shameful.
It is beyond shameful since veterinarians should be in the same category as medical doctors who humans seek out for treatment and care, not to be put to death. Their purpose should be to save lives, not kill animals at will, or defend someone who has. If there is no outrage, the punishment for animal abusers will be non-existent as it is now in so many areas.

:mad:

MOO

Clinic sounds like a bunch of legalized animal abusers. If you've seen the picture of her and her "kill" - and I really really wish I hadn't - there is a very disturbing aspect to one of the cat's hind legs. Also, cat was soooo obviously not a feral, too well taken care of.

"No comment for now and this whole thing has been blown out of proportion"

:maddening::

Words fail me.

A VET, someone who is supposed to care for animals, shoots a pet cat with an arrow through the head.

Having done that .. she posts it on the internet!!!!

:tantrum:

you have to ask on what planet she's living, because it's clearly not the same one as the rest of us.

Something about this almost makes me wonder if it is a hoax. There is absolutely no way anyone except someone who has a serious mental disorder would ever think it was funny or even OK to post something like that picture. Most people on FB have seen the backlash that happened when the cheerleader posted the pictures of her big game kill of a lion. Compared to that this is 10X worse. Maybe that is the point? I don't know, this is so outside the norms of our society, it almost seems like a satire. What exactly is going on here?

Something about this almost makes me wonder if it is a hoax. There is absolutely no way anyone except someone who has a serious mental disorder would ever think it was funny or even OK to post something like that picture. Most people on FB have seen the backlash that happened when the cheerleader posted the pictures of her big game kill of a lion. Compared to that this is 10X worse. Maybe that is the point? I don't know, this is so outside the norms of our society, it almost seems like a satire. What exactly is going on here?

When I first read it yesterday, that is where my mind went... But I think if it was a hoax, or a practical joke, we would know by now.
Aside from the horribleness of it all, I just keep saying "WTF was she thinking?!!!!" Posting that to FB, any idiot under the sun knows that this is inappropriate, horrible and going to end up blowing up into a major controversy. How can she be so heartless, cruel and so, so STUPID?
I guess she is living proof that psychopaths are not always intelligent.

Something about this almost makes me wonder if it is a hoax.

It is not a hoax. The media has interviewed the owners of the clinic and they were being very apologetic. The facebook page has several thousand visits because of this. Folks are calling the clinic and a whole lot of folks are emailing the TX Board of Veterinary Licensing (I did).

There are LOTS of screen caps posted of comments before the vet's facebook page was taken down.

This is not a hoax; this woman is a nutcase. It wasn't just her, her MOTHER took the photo. There is something seriously wrong with that family.

It is not a hoax. The media has interviewed the owners of the clinic and they were being very apologetic. The facebook page has several thousand visits because of this. Folks are calling the clinic and a whole lot of folks are emailing the TX Board of Veterinary Licensing.

There are LOTS of screen caps posted of comments before the vet's facebook page was taken down.

This is not a hoax; this woman is a nutcase. It wasn't just her, her MOTHER took the photo. There is something seriously wrong with that family.

You're not kidding. It's just jaw dropping that she would think for a single second that this was ok. She even said she wouldn't get fired 'because I'm aweseome'.

What is really upsetting for me is that apparently other members of staff at the clinic where she works wrote FB messages supporting her? Is this true? (I'm not on facebook).

If her colleagues thought this was ok .. then I must be living in some kind of parallel universe.

Not a hoax, although that would be disturbing in itself. LE (Sheriff?) has already commented that they are investigating this too.

"No comment for now and this whole thing has been blown out of proportion"

:maddening::

Words fail me.

A VET, someone who is supposed to care for animals, shoots a pet cat with an arrow through the head.

Having done that .. she posts it on the internet!!!!

:tantrum:

you have to ask on what planet she's living, because it's clearly not the same one as the rest of us.

The always say stuff like, "It's not what it seems." "It's being blown out of proportion." "You don't know the whole story." etc. etc.

Fact is, the "good doctor" was practicing with her bow & arrow in the backyard when a cat appeared. Then ms. doc decided to nail the poor kitty. Of course, her proud momma took a trophy picture, which was boastfully posted on Facebook. It was all done in innocent fun. <cough> <cough>:sick:

You're not kidding. It's just jaw dropping that she would think for a single second that this was ok. She even said she wouldn't get fired 'because I'm aweseome'.

What is really upsetting for me is that apparently other members of staff at the clinic where she works wrote FB messages supporting her? Is this true? (I'm not on facebook).

If her colleagues thought this was ok .. then I must be living in some kind of parallel universe.

You don't need to be a facebook member to view the comments on the clinic's page. Yes, apparently a receptionist at the clinic made encouraging facebook comments and many are demanding that she be fired.

Folks are seriously peeved off by all of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila
Back