TX - Veterinarian under investigation for killing cat with arrow.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, going to be graphic here and I apologize if I upset anyone, this was upsetting to me. In the picture I saw of the cute little vet holding up dead kitty with an arrow straight through it's head, one of the back legs had recently been cut off at the joint. WTF? Someone else theorized that she had it hanging by the back leg because hitting a kitty with an arrow straight through the head is a pretty damn nigh impossible shot if kitty was moving. Where did his back leg go? It is definitely a recent cut.

Well dang, upon closer inspection of the picture, the rear right leg appears to be a bloody stump. OK, now I think something is funky somewhere. And yes, a clean shot through the head would be nearly impossible, especially for an archery novice. This purple haired bimbo "doctor" needs to come clean!

I truly hope this woman never finds work again as a vet. Who in their right mind would trust her to care for their precious animals anyway? I know I sure wouldn't. I find her vile, narcissistic, and completely disgusting.

When it first came out it was said to be a feral cat. We have both, domesticated cats. and because we have a lot of woods on our property we have had feral cats as well. Three of our adopted cats were at one time feral kittens but all one has to do is love them and touch them when they are young and they will be the best furry friends ever the rest of their lives. We do see other feral cats roaming on our land but there only seems to be 4-5 at one time. I suppose they may go to other homes in the neighborhood and are adopted by them. The ones I see are extremely healthy. Since we started seeing them a few years ago I haven't seen one snake or field mice at all.

We have a foundation where I live and they will take the feral cats and relocate them to farmers land and place them in barns where there may be an infestation of snakes and rats. When we can get a feral to come up to us we call this foundation and they neuter them or spay them and then place them with someone who will care for them.

What a despicable human being she truly has to be and she is supposed to care for all animals. Ugggh. That is her job duty. She has to be such a cold evil person to do this to a defenseless animal. It breaks my heart just thinking about it and the cruelty.

IMO
The "thanks" button was not enough for your post. :) Where I live there are rescues for cats, all cats, feral and domesticated, and the feral ones can be tamed if given patience and time. If they must live outside, yes, they should be spayed/neutered, and relocated to a safe area where they will keep the rodent population at bay, while at the same time someone will feed and care for them. Over my lifetime I have had many cats as I do now, and I cannot imagine my veterinarian condoning such barbarianism as this woman exemplified and he does everything possible to save each cat's or dog's life that comes into his office. A doctor's oath is to save lives, whether it be human or animal.

MOO

The hind leg isn't cut off. There are parts of the bush in front of it. You can even see bottom part of the leg through the leaves if you look carefully, so the leg is still there.
The cat was domestic, not feral. It had no fear of people. It probably came up close to her, it wouldn't be hard to shoot the cat who isn't scared of people in the head.

It sounds like they really don't care. It is not that difficult to determine if a photo is authentic or not. What do they think she was holding if not the poor dead cat she had just killed? Did she not admit to the deed?

:mad:

MOO

What she is accused of is only a misdemeanor in TX. I guess we have to console ourselves with the fact that she lost her job and is being publically shamed. I don't understand why someone like her would become a vet to begin with.

What she is accused of is only a misdemeanor in TX. I guess we have to console ourselves with the fact that she lost her job and is being publically shamed. I don't understand why someone like her would become a vet to begin with.
It is no surprise that she will get a slap on the wrist in the criminal justice system as animal abuse is not considered worthy of greater punishment in so many states. However, her punishment will come, maybe not while she is alive on this earth, but it will come...

MOO

It is no surprise that she will get a slap on the wrist in the criminal justice system as animal abuse is not considered worthy of greater punishment in so many states. However, her punishment will come, maybe not while she is alive on this earth, but it will come...

MOO

Unfortunately it's no better in Australia, in regards to animal abuse.. You get a slap on the wrist or a small fine, even though our max penalty is imprisonment and $50,000 fine. I have never seen this ever be handed as a punishment.

We have just had a recent animal abuse case, where the court handed back 2 out of 9 severely mistreated cats. I am hopeful to one day experience a society where the animals voices are heard just as much as their human counterparts..

Animal cruelty is a felony in Texas.

From watching the videos, I got the impression that Brenham is a very small town, sort of like a Mayberry. The Sheriff even wears a 10-gallon hat. I saw a town citizen being interviewed -- a classic good ole boy. He said, "All these city people don't understand what goes on in the country and they get in an uproar.. well they ought to just mind their own business."

We have to hope & pray that justice will be served.

Well, I just hope the whole town doesn't have that attitude :( There is still a chance she will lose her vets license.

The Texas Veterinary Medical Association condemned her behavior and has been encouraging people to write directly to The Texas State Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners .

http://www.pitchengine.com/pitches/4e3cdfb2-67bd-43f3-aa0a-348e938a2398

AUSTIN—The Texas Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA) strongly condemns the actions of a veterinarian who claims to have recently shot and killed a feral cat with the use of a bow and arrow. The veterinarian, who worked in Brenham, Texas, and is not a TVMA member, posted a picture of herself holding the deceased cat on her personal Facebook page along with some insensitive remarks about the incident.

This individual’s actions directly violate the veterinarian’s oath taken to use his or her “scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health and the advancement of medical knowledge.” We are saddened and disturbed by the unfortunate actions of this individual, and we remind Texas residents that this conduct is not reflective of the veterinary profession or of the veterinarians who strive to embody the words of the veterinarian’s oath every day.

Upon learning of the troubling misconduct, the Brenham clinic where the veterinarian was practicing immediately condemned her actions and terminated her employment. The clinic’s ownership and staff have expressed their deepest shock and disgust at such behavior and are regretful that the individual acted in a manner that so drastically deviated from the conduct and values the clinic has upheld in its community for years.

We hope you will stand strong with us against this type of behavior against animals. TVMA values the trust built between veterinarians and the public based on mutually shared care for animals. We hope that we can unite to prevent actions like this from occurring in the future.

I've read that a felony charge is possible. I doubt it will happen though.

From Inquisitr:
According to Hill County Paw Pals, in Texas, a feral cat cannot be killed just for being a nuisance, and there is no way to gain consent from an owner to kill a feral cat, because by definition, a feral cat does not have an owner. A resident could humanely trap a feral cat and turn it in to animal control, call animal control for the cat’s removal, or trap the cat as part of a TNR program. Killing a domestic cat, even a feral domestic cat, is a state jail felony, according to the State of Texas.

http://www.hcpawpals.org/TexasAnimalLaws.aspx
Shooting "stray" Dogs and Cats (Penal Code 42.09 Animal Cruelty). Any person who shoots a non-livestock animal, which includes any stray or feral cat or dog, and a wild living creature previously captured, can be charged with a felony offense. Penal Code 42.092 of the State of Texas law states that a person must have the owner’s consent to kill the animal (exceptions to prosecution are provided in Section 42.092(e)(1)). It is clear that a "stray" dog or cat either has no owner or that the person who shoots the animal did not get the owner’s consent.

Please look again. Both of Tiger's back feet were white. Also, dead cat is flaccid cat; see tail and closest leg. If the other leg is there, how is a dead leg hanging at that angle?

Oh, for cripe sake. That basically says they don't want to prosecute her. They should be getting a search warrant for her bloody arrows and the body of the cat and contacting witnesses.

I would bet he DOES want to prosecute her. This is a small Texas town, the sheriff's office is being flooded with angry emails and calls (the vet clinic supposedly got 500 calls BEFORE they fired the vet). You can be sure that small town police department has never seen anything like this and they are NOT happy about it.

I've had people calling me from all over the country expressing their concern," Sheriff Brandes said, speaking from a pasture while inspecting his cattle. "All these people are jumping up and down, they want action," Brandes said. "The wheels of justice turn slow. You want to be sure once you accuse and arrest someone."
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/300543691.html

A couple of years ago a dog was wrongfully killed by police in front of the owner here in Georgia, the owner posted about the incident on a large Georgia Hunting Forum and the story went viral. The Police Chief of that county was flooded with hundreds of angry emails and the story received TV coverage. Even if charges are never brought that much hassle causes grief for those involved and they do NOT want it to happen again.

At the time I forwarded the news articles about the anger flooding the Chief of Police of that county to our local Sheriff with a note that basically said "Don't let this happen to you".

Please look again. Both of Tiger's back feet were white. Also, dead cat is flaccid cat; see tail and closest leg. If the other leg is there, how is a dead leg hanging at that angle?

Part of the leg is behind the leaves.
As is part of the tail.
You don't see this woman's lower body either. Not because her legs are cut off, but because of the vegetation she is standing in.

Part of the leg is behind the leaves.
As is part of the tail.

Yeah, the photo does not show a severed limb. And the arrow obviously DID come from the front, so presumably the kitty was walking directly towards her when shot.

Towards her because he had been "called over", or he was walking up to what he trusted were friendly/affectionate humans. The woman is a monster.

On a side note the Vet Clinic pulled their facebook page.

Here is an update from KTBX-

She claims she will be going in for an interview in the coming week with an attorney. The Sheriff's department indicated that they are being flooded with phone calls and they still have to verify that the image was not photoshopped. So I would say it is pretty important to determine what she did with the cat. Mind you, she has no incentive to turn Tiger over to anyone.

I thought this part of the update was pretty fascinating:

Kristen Lindsey’s parents apparently saw her kill the cat. Afterwards, her mom says she took the controversial photo.
In the comment section below the Facebook where Lindsey bragged about it, her mom Becky wrote "She was practicing in the yard. Jack and I were watching and saw it all go down!" (see Featured images below this story)
Someone named James DG then questioned whether the picture was altered using Photoshop.
Becky replied, "I took the picture!"
Austin County Sheriff Jack Brandes told News 3 on Friday he was not aware of any witnesses. We’ll follow up with him and ask him about this post.

Hopefully the clinic is checking any kind of receptacles they have for animal remains?

Sheriff isn't aware of any witnesses? Somebody should enlighten him.

Hopefully the clinic is checking any kind of receptacles they have for animal remains?

They need to search her yard. Can't they get an warrant? Seems like sheriff is claiming it's all up to the woman, she could show up with her lawyer and talk to the police, or not.
Have they not heard of search warrants?

Oh I dont think she is going to show. It is absolutely not in her best interests to either show up or grant access to any place that is going to provide evidence.

The sheriff's office gave her an out-she can say the photo was photoshopped and she has no idea where the cat is, right?

Her parents must be so proud. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back