Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I got an e-mail saying that she would look into this lead but I haven't heard back from her since. I will let everyone know when I do!

What about Pinkie Mae Davis-Herron? She's considerably below the height listed for Orange Socks, but bears a good resemblance if she had let her eyebrows go. Is the height too inconsistent? Everything else is a perfect match... hazel eyes, known to wear a ring, all the way down to her missing from nearby Travis county.

She's not a bad resemblance for the general recon, but the UID has an overall Caucasian appearance whereas Pinkie Mae, while she does have some Caucasian features, had distinctively African-American hair and skin. Her nose is also much more slender.

This isn't a recon based on skeletal remains, either: the mortuary photos make it quite clear.

I was referring to the morgue photos when I made the comparison. The second picture of Pinkie makes her look much more hispanic, which I think is the most dominant ethnicity for the UID. I agree her hair is more AA. Thanks for your thoughts.

I wouldn't rule it out based on just a couple of pictures if the demographics fit, which they mostly do. The height is way off and that gives me pause, but we've seen mismatches on height before.

I thought we had discussed her before, but I don't find anything in the thread.

How about Cheryl Schille Wyant?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/w/wyant_cherie.html

Her demographics are a match for height and close in weight. She was a little under for the expected age but she looks like she may be a possibility to me especially because of the lack of hygeine (meaning she may have been traveling and hitchhiking from place to place if she was a runaway).

Can we bring Cheryl back up again? I'm not sure where they're getting it, but the Wikipedia entry on this Jane Doe has the estimated birth year as 1949-1964, and Cheryl was born in 1963 or 1964, since she was 14 when she vanished. And visually she looks JUST LIKE Orange Socks, especially the shape of the face, eyebrow shape and length of her nose. In a lot of Doe cases that wouldn't matter as much, but it's not just the sketch, she looks a lot like the morgue photo, too.

Can we bring Cheryl back up again? I'm not sure where they're getting it, but the Wikipedia entry on this Jane Doe has the estimated birth year as 1949-1964, and Cheryl was born in 1963 or 1964, since she was 14 when she vanished. And visually she looks JUST LIKE Orange Socks, especially the shape of the face, eyebrow shape and length of her nose. In a lot of Doe cases that wouldn't matter as much, but it's not just the sketch, she looks a lot like the morgue photo, too.

I don't know where Orange Socks DNA is stored but Cheryl has a sample available

img_42163.jpeg

I just came across the case of Kathleen Rodgers (NamUs MP # 22528). She disappeared six years before Orange Socks was found but her photo looks a lot like the profile view of Orange Socks' morgue photos. Kathleen had green eyes and Orange Socks had hazel, yet I know hazel eyes have been known to have some green and also can even change colors in light. There is somewhat of a height difference, although there's still the possibility of growth.

I'm not sure if this was already addressed, since I've looked through the feed and haven't seen this comparison yet, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to bring it up.

Ok this makes no sense whatsoever unless Lisa was in on the other girls being kidnapped or some other weird situation I am unaware of but its very creepy to me how much they look alike
orangesck.jpgLWilson.jpg sorry That's Lisa Wilson of the Ft. Worth 3

And the morgue pic , to me it looks RED as many times as TX DPS site has gotten descriptions wrong , I believe my eyes she looks freckled and redheaded !

After emailing Orange Socks' NamUs manager, I discovered that my theory that she was Kathleen Rogers was ruled out, since both subjects have had their DNA entered into CODIS and didn't match. I also checked with the Wendy Byron lead that was posted a while back and was informed that the same method was used to rule her out as well.

On another note, I asked the manager if it was possible for the NCMEC to take on her case and to create a poster for the victim, which he said was up to the Williamson County police department but said he would forward my message. I hope this works out. I also asked the detective that manages the Buckskin Girl's case and I got a reply back stating he had"no problem with NCMEC entry and would consider anything that may move the case forward."

I also emailed the police department managing the Sumter County Does case but have yet to get a response.

Also posted in " Peaches ' thread, article today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-lineup/9-murder-victims-whose-na_b_8031378.html
9 Murder Victims Whose Names Remain a Mystery

2015-08-24-1440425834-6093028-OrangeSocks570-thumb.jpg

"A police sketch of the unidentified murder victim found along a Texas interstate and dressed in orange socks. Credit: Wikimedia Commons

5. ORANGE SOCKS

In 1979, a Texas motorist spotted a set of feet in bright orange socks along Interstate 35. The feet belonged to the naked body of a woman who had been strangled and thrown over the guardrail. Her legs were unshaven, her nails untrimmed, and her naked body was dotted with insect bites. On her finger she wore a mother-of-pearl ring. Authorities assumed she was a drifter. Serial killer Henry Lee Lucas once confessed to her murder, but a lack of evidence and the fact that he was likely not in Texas when the woman was killed made his confession doubtful."

I live about 15 minutes drive from where this girl was found. So very sad. Since her remains were so fresh that it was clear her legs were unshaven, she was so newly deceased that pictures of her face might be more helpful than an artist rendition of what she kind of looked like. Is there any website or movement to make public actual photos of her? As grisly as that sounds, I've so often found photographs to look completely different from artist's drawings. Surely, there are siblings out there somewhere who would like resolution in this sad case.

I live about 15 minutes drive from where this girl was found. So very sad. Since her remains were so fresh that it was clear her legs were unshaven, she was so newly deceased that pictures of her face might be more helpful than an artist rendition of what she kind of looked like. Is there any website or movement to make public actual photos of her? As grisly as that sounds, I've so often found photographs to look completely different from artist's drawings. Surely, there are siblings out there somewhere who would like resolution in this sad case.

There are pictures I believe on the doe network. I've been to Odd Fellows Cemetery in Georgetown looking for her grave, didn't locate it but I also went when it was 110 out so I'm going to go back once it starts to cool down. This girl just breaks my heart, maybe because I've been by the location she was found 100's of times or that she's known by the color of her socks but I just want her to know she is remembered.

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3