GUILTY TX - Zoe Campos, 18, murdered, Lubbock, 17 Nov 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mothers of Lubbock's Missing Persons Not Giving Up Hope in Search for their Children

http://www.everythinglubbock.com/news/klbk-news/mothers-of-lubbocks-missing-persons-not-giving-up-hope-in-search-for-their-children

On Thursday, November 17, it will have been three years since Zoe Campos' family saw her last. Her mother, Melinda, says that with each day and family gathering, the pain of having lost her daughter never gets any easier.

"Knowing I haven't seen her or heard her voice in three years, or even just the fact that I don't even feel any closer to getting answers to getting her home," said Campos. "All the time, I'm always dreaming about her, dreaming about things we used to talk about things we did."

On Wednesday, November 16 the Campos family will be holding vigil for Zoe at Parsons Elementary at 7 p.m. The community is invited to attend.

Detective Adam Freeman took over Zoe's case about a year and a half ago. He acknowledges at that the time of her disappearance that LPD should have made a quicker, more thorough response to the apartment complex.

"It probably wasn't hit as hard as it could have been," said Detective Freeman, who explains that while no concrete leads have come up in Zoe's investigation, that it is far from a cold case. "This is nowhere near a cold case. A cold case means you've hit all dead ends, nothing's coming in. I get constant leads everyday. Some leads are just hearsay that turn out to be not correct, but there are leads everyday that come in."

Three years after Zoe Campos' disappearance, investigators remain hopeful

http://lubbockonline.com/filed-online/2016-11-17/three-years-after-zoe-campos-disappearance-investigators-remain-hopeful

Thursday morning, a Lubbock Police Department news release states investigators continue to receive Crime Line tips about her disappearance.

“Three years later, Lubbock Police Department investigators are still dedicated to finding Zoe and hopeful someone with information will come forward,” the release states.

Detective Adam Freeman has taken over the case, and Melinda said she commends him because the amount of false leads has been overwhelming.

“A lot of issues that we‘ve had,” she said, “were just me being a distraught mother, and me not really wanting to hear what they have to say, but three years later, they’re the ones that I’m relying on. They’re the ones that I feel are going to bring my daughter home.”

With Abilene and Austin no longer possibilities, she said officials have not ruled out El Paso. Morton and Mexico, she said, have also been mentioned frequently as talk of Zoe being sold into human trafficking circles.

Wanting to keep her daughter’s image fresh on everyone’s mind, she urges people to continue to call with information.

Looking at the upcoming Season 8 of Disappeared:

Disappeared S8 E7 - May 7, 2017 - ???
Into the Night - 6 - April 30, 2017 - Zoe Campos
Every Mother's Son - 5 - April 23, 2017- ??
On a Mission - 4 - April 16, 2017 - Elizabeth Salgado
Spirited Away - 3 - April 9, 2017 - Kortne Stouffer
The Silent Son - 2 - April 2, 2017 - Macin Smith
American Gothic - 1 - March 26, 2017 - Lynn Messer

http://tv-episodes.prettyfamous.com/l/8018348

Every Mothers Son--- Eric Franks??? His mother has said on his forum that they did a segment for disappeared that will run this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why NCIS would be involved in her case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info, won't miss that episode

Holy cow just read up on this, here stories and facebook page one thing that I find startling is that the police never processed the car?!? I thought that would be investigation 101.

I get wanting to ask the questions of why she was in a alternative school and what not but hard hitting questions for me would be the weirdness of this case. Not investigating the found car, canvassing the area for the dude that was driving the car and lack of information in general being released.

Just saw Zoe's episode on Disappearred. Her family misses her so much. I hope the DNA evidence found in the car matches DNA collected from one of the POIs and her family can find out what happened to her soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Just finished watching Zoe's disappeared episode. It was heartbreaking watching her Mom and Sister talk about her. She is very loved.

IMO all the answers lie with the guy she met at the friends house and later met up with to smoke weed. Hearing that the dogs alerted on five different areas in the home and also down the alley when he had stated she hadn't gotten out of the car is very telling. I'm not sure the people at the hotel actually seen Zoe (maybe someone who looked a lot like her) or not although they said they did.

Where are you Zoe? [emoji173]

Just watched Disappeared, as well. My thoughts and prayers are with Zoe and her family. Hoping for answers soon!

Just watched Disappeared as well. The guy last seen with her must know what happened. Either he killed her or they went to the shady hotel and others are involved. He probably made sexual advances toward her that she rejected. When the dog alerted to the alley made me think he killed her and disposed of her in a garbage bin.

Can dogs really alert on a smell 2 -3 years later?

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Seems like a strange case not in that what potentially happened to this young woman, but why was there virtually no investigation done? The car was clearly a part of a her disappearance and likely part of a crime scene. They had a strong suspect, her stolen vehicle he was likely seen driving after abducting her, a piece of men's clothing in the car.. Comparing this suspect's DNA with the DNA found in the car would clear or convict him. But LE seemingly hasn't answered the question if they even compared DNA from her car to to the suspect's DNA. I can't make sense of that. If they can put him in that car with DNA, which they should be able to do relatively easily if he was indeed the one driving it, they could charge him. At least with being responsible for her disappearance. The mother's "friend" was also a strong suspect to me. He had a 30 minute phone conversation with her in the middle of the night, right around the time she disappeared. A conversation he told LE he didn't remember having.. This guy was around 40 who had previously been seeing her mother. To me that's quite strange, and clearly makes him a person of interest. DNA swabs from her car would surely provide a profile. Comparing that profile to these two men would be very interesting. I'm not sure why that hasn't been done. Even if they couldn't get a warrant to compel DNA, though I would think they could, they could have done it unofficially just to tell them if they're on the right person. And from then, worked on building a strong enough connection between the suspect and the victims car to get a judge to issue a warrant for the suspects DNA. If neither of them matched unofficially, then they can stop wasting their time on the wrong people and start working other angles. If they believed the crime scene is located at the suspects home, you'd think they would have tried to place her in that house with DNA. Cadaver dogs flagged her scent in the suspects home and he's moved out, they could very well still find her DNA in the house and wouldn't need a warrant if the owner gives consent. This case from the outside looks like one that wasn't handled very well. I think there was enough cause and evidence to make this case had it been pursued. I don't know if putting her in his house, and him in her car with DNA would convict him or not but I believe it would be enough to at least file charges.

My guess is that the hotel sighting is a red herring. I believe she died at the house with the "weed guy." I put more stock in the detective's musings and what the dog found than a couple that thought they saw her that night at the motel. I also think that when she called the mom's ex boyfriend, it was because she felt like she was in trouble (the guy was being weird to her or something) and she was looking for help.

I also think that when she called the mom's ex boyfriend, it was because she felt like she was in trouble (the guy was being weird to her or something) and she was looking for help.

Did they talk for a long time? That does not like a call for help

I watched the episode on ID too, my question, the cop went to the hotel first and spoke to the man and then left to talk to his wife about what they had seen, IMO, there was enough time for this couple to make their stories match. Also, on the car, couldn't they swab the steering wheel, or handle to get DNA? Was there any CCTV at the apartment complex where the car was found abandoned?

Did they talk for a long time? That does not like a call for help

30 minutes according to the Disappeared episode, but it sounds like he was in an alcoholic blackout.

My guess is that the hotel sighting is a red herring. I believe she died at the house with the "weed guy." I put more stock in the detective's musings and what the dog found than a couple that thought they saw her that night at the motel. I also think that when she called the mom's ex boyfriend, it was because she felt like she was in trouble (the guy was being weird to her or something) and she was looking for help.

I agree. Seeing someone you've never met before from behind going down stairs in the dark is a weak ID to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bxvice
Back