GUILTY TX - Zoe Campos, 18, murdered, Lubbock, 17 Nov 2013 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/lo...ck-reward-missing/mnMoNDwSBUOqcNoywCEUBg.cspx

"Her car, a 1997 Lincoln Town Car with a damaged front end, has been seen since her disappearance. The driver of the vehicle has not been identified."

This kind of makes it sound like LE never took possession of her car after her sister chased the unidentified guy driving it?

Surely that was a comment taken the wrong way by the reporter. I think the reporter should have elaborated or asked more about that. I think it was seen that one time and the driver is unknown. But I don't know that???

http://lubbockonline.com/local-news/2013-12-08/search-continues-zoe-gabrielle-campos#.Uqe3w6N5mK1

Family and friends of missing Lubbock teen Zoe Gabrielle Campos, 18, gathered in parking lot near Avenue L and 70th Street to pass out fliers and hopefully generate solid leads about her whereabouts.

- snip-

An advocate from the Center for Search and Investigations for Missing Children asked volunteers to form groups and pick areas of Lubbock to post fliers.

The gathering spot was chosen for a reason advocate Nina Valdez couldn’t disclose.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/22836

Case Information
Status
Missing
First name
Zoe
Middle name
Gabrielle
Last name
Campos
Nickname/Alias
NCMEC number
Date last seen
November 17, 2013 23:00
Date entered
12/04/2013
Age last seen
18 to 18 years old
Age now
18 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity
Hispanic/Latino
Sex
Female
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

I saw a flyer lying on the check out counter at Market Street and showed it to the sacker, but didn't see any on my next visit. I can't even think where 70th and L is or what is out there. Does the area have significance to the case or just where volunteers met to pick up flyers?

NCMC1225920c1.jpg

Zoe Gabrielle Campos

Endangered Missing from Lubbock, Texas since November 17, 2013

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'0" -- Weight: 100 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Zoe was last seen in Lubbock, Texas on November 17, 2013. She was supposed to pick up her mother from work at 2:00 am on November 18. She sent a text between 2:30-2:40 am saying she was on her way, but she never arrived. Her vehicle was later seen being driven by an unidentified man. When he was approached, he ran, leaving the car abandoned. Zoe has yet to be found.

NCMEC

NamUs

I wonder if she was kidnapped and being held in a sex slavery outfit. If these sightings that her mother gets called about frequently are true, that she doesn't look well and needs help, then they are keeping her drugged as well, to keep her complacent.

I hope she is alive and will be found, but it sure seems almost hopeless. Why do some of these missing just seem to fall off the radar? I hate to see this thread die down, but if there is no news about the case, what is left?

http://www.myfoxlubbock.com/news/lo...ck-reward-missing/mnMoNDwSBUOqcNoywCEUBg.cspx

"Her car, a 1997 Lincoln Town Car with a damaged front end, has been seen since her disappearance. The driver of the vehicle has not been identified."

This kind of makes it sound like LE never took possession of her car after her sister chased the unidentified guy driving it?

As I understand it, her Aunt (Mom's sister) was out driving and spotted the car being driven by an unknown man. She followed him and when he realized he was being followed, he pulled into an apartment complex and took off running. She called the police and when they got there, the guy was long gone. It has been stated that Zoe's jacket was in the trunk and her phone charger was on the floor in the back. This information is just what LE gave after giving the car a once over. AFAIK, there hasn't been anything released as to what they found (or didn't find) after processing the car in search of forensic evidence, such as the fingerprints of the unknown male who was seen driving it.

I do not think I have read anything as to whether or not the Aunt was able to get a good look at the man's face. It sounds like she did not see him clear enough and all that we know is he was wearing a hoodie.

This case is receiving very little attention from the media and that is probably due to the very limited information that has been released. The media does not like to report the same few details over and over again. They need something new and I would think there are a few things LE could probably release such as why they feel her past might have put her in danger. I would also like to know the exact reason for Zoe to be going to an alternative high school? A kid would need to have some sort of reason to be enrolled in this type of school. It can be a last resort for some kids in order for them to graduate and who might have been expelled from public school. My husband went to an alternative high school for his last 2 years of school and this was because he had disciplinary issues such as skipping school, mainly because he had a single working mother who worked nights and he stayed up late and then could not get up in time to make it to school the next day. It was not because he was rebellious or bad, but he lacked the self discipline as well as parental discipline in order to change his sleeping habits and get up to make the bus! Teen pregnancy and teen parenthood are also reasons why a kid might need this type of school, but there are many other issues that can apply. If it is behavioral issues such as my husband's was, the child would be placed only after every avenue had been exhausted within a regular public school. My husband had been kicked out of 3 regular public high schools and was placed into the alternative school knowing it was his last chance at finishing and earning his diploma. It worked for him and because the amount of students is much lower than public school, the kids are able to get more one on one attention from the teachers and counselors.

It seems to me that if Zoe is enrolled in this type of school but is not pregnant nor does she have a baby, then there was obviously some sort of behavioral issue that a public school could no longer handle. LE has probably looked into this and this is why they have stated her past might have come into play and put her in harm's way. But her Mother acting as if her daughter has never been in any trouble and so she doesn't understand what LE is talking about, is troubling to me? :confused: Her daughter is in the school for a reason, so what is that reason? Maybe a few more details that look further into this aspect might give this case some life and help to find Zoe! :candle: I am sure when your loved one is missing, you do not want to see them portrayed in a bad light so you might suppress some unflattering information about their character. This is probably not the best route to take though when asking for help in finding the person. If she hung out with a bad crowd at one time, those people need to be rounded up and questioned. The smallest bit of information could turn into something big on a missing person investigation. People who might know something, no matter how trivial you might think it is, need to please contact LE right away. All avenues should be looked into and no stone left unturned, no matter how uncomfortable it might be. Zoe needs to be found! :please:

I never heard any reports that there were sightings of Zoe looking unwell. I don't know much about the school Zoe attended even though I live here. I'm not sure if it's the one for teen parents or not. I do know that Texas law wants kids in school til age 18 and public schools don't seem to want kids if they have ever been in trouble, dropped out, or don't attend correctly. Zoe could have gone to this alternative school and talked to the principal and been allowed to enroll. Public high school around here might not even want them if they've attended mostly charter schools or home schooled before trying to enter high school at age 18. If they don't have enough credits or can't pass all the graduation tests then an alternative school would be the way to go.

I see it has been a while since anything has been updated on this missing person's case. I could not find any new articles pertaining to Zoe's disappearance, but came across this awareness video that was posted on February 4th. So little information as to what might have happened to her, this case has truly become cold! :coldcase:

http://youtu.be/v92kK4ZY6k4

:bump:

no information about zoe's case in such a long time. :(

just checking in on you, Zoe. I haven't found any news stories with updates about your case.

:bump:

I quickly scanned the thread so if I missed it I apologize.

There is a billboard up for Zoe at 34th and 3400 on the south side(as you come off the freeway)..There is still a poster in the window of the Stripes at 34th and Ave Q...

Still doesn't find Zoe, but at least it is something...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl
Back