GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Naomi44

And when I said 'fight to the death' it was just a phase meaning most rape victims fight back. As hard as they can. Unfortunately many are killed after they are raped.

Perhaps I should have said 'fight to their death'.

I think we can all agree that rape is a most heinous crime on any woman.

MOO

Getting raped with a broken jaw or cracked ribs is even more painful. So I guess it depends on various factors at the moment.

Depending on the prospective missionary's bishop or stake president, it is possible to serve a mission if not a virgin. The person would have to go through a "repentance process". Just a general FYI and not speculating on this case.

I am a Mormon and my husband is a Bishop. Several years ago the bar was raised and the qualifications changed.

Well I certainly learned something new last evening. I always thought everybody would fight their attacker but it's not true.

Last evening I watched the trial of Owen Labrie. He is the student that has been in the news about the Senior Salute Rape of a Freshman girl. I think it was a Dateline program.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/w...-a-place-of-secret-rites-and-sexual-conquests

A victims advocate for the rape victim explained Fight, Flight or Freeze.
I sad kind of spellbound remembering my post here.

I should know about that. I have had the Freeze in a couple of situations I found myself in earlier years.

http://www.stressstop.com/stress-tips/articles/fight-flight-or-freeze-response-to-stress.php

For human beings, the freeze response can occur when we're terrified and feel like there is no chance for our survival or no chance for escape. It happens in car accidents, to rape victims and to people who are robbed at gunpoint. Sometimes they pass out, freeze or mentally remove themselves from their bodies, and don't feel the pain of the attack, and sometimes have no (explicit) memory of it afterwards.

That's why the fight or flight response is now called the fight, flight or freeze response. Because sometimes, when the odds are overwhelming we neither fight nor flee but simply freeze. And knowing this has special meaning in the treatment of trauma patients who, as survivors of a freeze event, experience flashbacks and other (implicit) memory fragments that can continue to haunt them for years afterwards. We'll talk about that aspect of the fight, flight or freeze response in a future article.

Avoid freeze situations by practicing being aware of your surroundings at all times. Aim to acquire this almost 6th sense of knowing just when things don't look right. It is not at all stressfull, it is a learned behavior.

To acquire some of those precious skills this may help: Jason Hanson is an ex CIA officer he wrote a book "Spy secrets that can save your life", he also runs training classes in his ranch in Utah. There was a recent interview on NPR.
http://www.kera.org/2015/11/03/learning-from-the-cia/

Well I certainly learned something new last evening. I always thought everybody would fight their attacker but it's not true.

I wouldn't fight unless I believed I could win. Slap fighting an attacker that has 3+ times your upper body strength and can break your jaw with one blow isn't something I would be game for.

Another factor to consider is that a fair number of stranger rapists are REALLY stupid individuals (as in very low IQ). If the victim cooperates it isn't all that unusual for a rapist to believe the victim "liked it" and say things along the lines of "If we met differently maybe we could have gone out" etc...

If I thought cooperating/pretending I liked it would give me the upper hand (or prevent a severe beating) I would do it in a heartbeat. I would also kill them given the chance.

Does anyone have any updates, like when is AC to be tried?

I keep thinking about this case. Every single time I drive my car. Like someone else posted earlier, I keep all my car doors locked now when I'm in the car.

Avoid freeze situations by practicing being aware of your surroundings at all times. Aim to acquire this almost 6th sense of knowing just when things don't look right. It is not at all stressfull, it is a learned behavior.

To acquire some of those precious skills this may help: Jason Hanson is an ex CIA officer he wrote a book "Spy secrets that can save your life", he also runs training classes in his ranch in Utah. There was a recent interview on NPR.
http://www.kera.org/2015/11/03/learning-from-the-cia/

naomi, you are a special gift! Thank you so much for posting this helpful interview. My favorite hat is tipped to you for sharing this valuable information. I pray many readers take the time to listen to the safety tips.

I suffer PTSD that comes with a constant status of hyper-vigilance. You've heard of the flight or fight response actions. Mine are freeze reactions. I naturally freeze when in a seemingly perilous situation. Therefore, I over-plan potential harmful circumstances. So in a way, my hyper-vigilance is a gift. The freeze response can be a curse.

I carry an 8" solid stainless steel hammer in my purse. There is a sharp ice pick in my car's console. The glove box stores my gun. I keep my key fob on my nightstand so I can push the alarm button, if necessary. Additionally, in the nightstand drawer, is another 8" stainless steel hammer and a sharp ice pick. A kitchen drawer also holds those same two items. The nightstand drawer also holds a .38 unless my grandchildren are here. Then, that weapon is placed on the high shelf in the closet which annoys me a bit because my grandchildren are my greatest treasures to protect but I do so because their parents insist upon it.

My hyper-vigilance also means that I am constantly scanning my surroundings and planning for the unexpected when out and about. These are tiresome behavior patterns. I live in a near constant state of exhaustion because I anticipate surviving the possible worst case scenarios. When I fly, I wear sneakers in case the plane goes down in an area where I may need to wear solid footwear. When I flew to Hawaii, my carry on held my scuba mask, wetsuit, and fins.

AFAIK, we have not been privy to Zoe's cause of death. Was she stabbed, shot, strangled? Could having any of the aforementioned tools with her have saved her life? I never exit my vehicle without one of the weapons with me. The spy's interview mentioned a sharp tactical pen for dual purposes of writing or stabbing. Stabbing someone with this self defense pen can stop muggings or attacks.

We can not turn back time to save Zoe; however, we can teach our children to become aware of their surroundings without inducing fear. Pull the muggers hair. Hard and quickly. Grab the perp near their knees to make them fall to the ground so you can flee.

Every day when I think of Zoe, I wonder why she did not attempt to exit the passenger's side door or scream or kick. Zoe may not have possessed the flight or fight reaction yet experienced the freeze reaction. Her story is just incredibly sad. Zoe had her entire life ahead and AC deserves the death penalty, imho. May her precious family and friends be blessed with sweet memories of this wonderful young lady.

...[snipped]
Every day when I think of Zoe, I wonder why she did not attempt to exit the passenger's side door or scream or kick. Zoe may not have possessed the flight or fight reaction yet experienced the freeze reaction. Her story is just incredibly sad. Zoe had her entire life ahead and AC deserves the death penalty, imho. May her precious family and friends be blessed with sweet memories of this wonderful young lady.

I think it's because she was young and naive. I certainly was at that age. She likely thought she would be okay if she cooperated or that she could talk her way out of it or that a better opportunity for escape would present itself later. It wasn't until I was in my twenties that I decided that if anyone ever tried to force me to go with them, I would struggle to the death to not go with them - anyone who would kill me on the spot would do much worse if they got me to a secluded location.

:bump:

Wondering if there is another thread for "Awaiting Trial" - ?? :waitasec: or is this the only thread for Zoe?

Thanks in advance!

:santahat:

:bump:

Wondering if there is another thread for "Awaiting Trial" - ?? :waitasec: or is this the only thread for Zoe?

Thanks in advance!

:santahat:

I believe this is the only thread for Zoe.

I cannot find any updates regarding Antonio Cochran. I know he was arrested and I think he has to have a grand jury indict him on a capital murder charge.

Maybe somebody else can find an update.

I sure can't find ANY thing current - the most current article is Oct. 27, 2015... Nothing that I read has "when" his next trial hearing date is... oh well... maybe someone better than I can find something current! :D

I cant go into a Walgreens and feel sad everytime I pass one. I am very good friends with her family and they aren't talking about it. I'm sure I will hear something about it when the trial starts and will post.

I believe this is the only thread for Zoe.

I cannot find any updates regarding Antonio Cochran. I know he was arrested and I think he has to have a grand jury indict him on a capital murder charge.

Maybe somebody else can find an update.

He was indicted on capital murder on 12-10-2015.

Does anyone have any updates, like when is AC to be tried?

I keep thinking about this case. Every single time I drive my car. Like someone else posted earlier, I keep all my car doors locked now when I'm in the car.

Trial selection begins April and May.

From October 2016

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/10/11/family-focused-on-faith-a-year-after-18-year-old-murdered/

“That one moment does not define her or us,” said Cheryl Hastings, Zoe’s mother.Now, one year after Hastings was found murdered, her parents have tried to heal. “It’s kind of hard when you see other families that we know that have kids that are Zoe’s age, that they’re going off to college and having lots of the experiences she would be having,” said Jim Hastings, Zoe’s father.

Cochran remains in jail and has a status hearing later in October.

naomi, you are a special gift! Thank you so much for posting this helpful interview. My favorite hat is tipped to you for sharing this valuable information. I pray many readers take the time to listen to the safety tips.

I suffer PTSD that comes with a constant status of hyper-vigilance. You've heard of the flight or fight response actions. Mine are freeze reactions. I naturally freeze when in a seemingly perilous situation. Therefore, I over-plan potential harmful circumstances. So in a way, my hyper-vigilance is a gift. The freeze response can be a curse.

I carry an 8" solid stainless steel hammer in my purse. There is a sharp ice pick in my car's console. The glove box stores my gun. I keep my key fob on my nightstand so I can push the alarm button, if necessary. Additionally, in the nightstand drawer, is another 8" stainless steel hammer and a sharp ice pick. A kitchen drawer also holds those same two items. The nightstand drawer also holds a .38 unless my grandchildren are here. Then, that weapon is placed on the high shelf in the closet which annoys me a bit because my grandchildren are my greatest treasures to protect but I do so because their parents insist upon it.

My hyper-vigilance also means that I am constantly scanning my surroundings and planning for the unexpected when out and about. These are tiresome behavior patterns. I live in a near constant state of exhaustion because I anticipate surviving the possible worst case scenarios. When I fly, I wear sneakers in case the plane goes down in an area where I may need to wear solid footwear. When I flew to Hawaii, my carry on held my scuba mask, wetsuit, and fins.

AFAIK, we have not been privy to Zoe's cause of death. Was she stabbed, shot, strangled? Could having any of the aforementioned tools with her have saved her life? I never exit my vehicle without one of the weapons with me. The spy's interview mentioned a sharp tactical pen for dual purposes of writing or stabbing. Stabbing someone with this self defense pen can stop muggings or attacks.

We can not turn back time to save Zoe; however, we can teach our children to become aware of their surroundings without inducing fear. Pull the muggers hair. Hard and quickly. Grab the perp near their knees to make them fall to the ground so you can flee.

My son's karate instructor, who also teaches other forms of martial arts and self-defense classes, says the hardest thing for him to teach is to ladies in self-defense to really hurt somebody else when we can still get away. We ladies of a certain age, especially in the South, are taught to be polite, make others comfortable, be sweet and nice. It makes us too hesitant in a situation that is starting to go bad or a fast attack. RIP Zoe.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back