GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's the link Kathy . . .
Family of slain teen focus on loss as investigation proceeds

DALLAS – The Dallas Police Department has focused its attention on a Walgreens on Peavy and Garland Roads in the search for Zoe Hastings' killer.

It's the last place the 18-year-old stopped before she was murdered last week.

Now, News 8 has learned there was another attack in July 2014 near the same Walgreens.

More at link . . . http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca.../family-murder-victim-releases-tape/74074734/

The bolded stands out to me. Is LE really stating that Walgreens is the last place Zoe stopped before she was murdered? Meaning, they confirmed she never stopped at the church, so we can eliminate that possibility?

LE ruled out the football player that murdered the jogger... I haven't read how they were able to rule him out.

Somebody had to know this young girl routine and it sounds like it could have been someone that was stalking her.

Good morning, let's hope there is some information today, hopefully they have processed evidence and footage and are narrowing their sites.

We don't know who knows what, it is entirely possible that no one tuned in her father that she hadnt arrived for her class until the activities were winding down and then folks realized something was amiss.

The trajectory is odd though, you do wonder if someone slipped in the car unnoticed at the walgreens and because there was so little travel between the 3 points she was travelling that she lost control or did drive intentionally to try and crash to get away from whomever it was and wasnt able?

My prayers today are some solid leads or some more information that could get the public to look at some POI who might have more information and leads to get this evil murderer off the streets & justice for Zoe.

The funeral was a huge turn out, so many of her friends and former teachers it was so moving and yet so very sad. They had Live like Zoe wristbands and I put one on to remind me to stay prayerful for justice and comfort for the family during this terrible time. I got up in the night to go to the bathroom and it was glowing ... and I didnt realize it was glow in the dark because it was a blue, not that funny whitish green most glow in the dark things are, for some reason it just reminded me what a bright light she was ... I never saw her without a smile and her walk was almost a bounce she was so full of life.

Kathy

If the police have dna and evidence it takes time to process the dna evidence in a lab. Then they have to subtract the dna that belonged to Zoe and hope they have the Dan from a perp or perps If the perp has never been arrested they can still find certain details about that person such as race eye color and relatives. All this has to follow a certain timeframe to be presented and accepted in court. I imagine they are still working on details. Remember they have to prove a case. They have to get all their ducks in a row. Also it could be more than one perp. I also would like to see a map of where she lived where the Walgreens was where the park is they are searching and where they found the van. I have not ruled out that the murder of the jogger was related either. I have difficulty wrapping my mind around the timeframe. She left at four thirty to drop a movie and be in school at five. I know she would not be late. Her dad had to know at five fifteen something was terribly wrong. The only thing I can come up with is that she was eighteen and they were waiting on detectives to come in to work Monday or that they were tied up with the other murders. I will write more later. I pray for Zoe and her family constantly and I am praying for special insite too

BBm I don't understand what you mean? LE was called when Zoe didn't arrive at the church for the class.

They didn't wait til the next day.

At least that's the way I have understood it all along.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...in-crashed-minivan-near-white-rock-lake.html/

When she didn’t show up at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, her family reported her missing, and Monday morning friends of the family began tweeting and Facebooking photos of the missing teen in the hopes that someone had seen her.

News reports said 911 was called at roughly 10 on Sunday evening. While her own mission class was aware she didnt show it appears from reports that possibly her family wasnt aware of that until after dark?

And it was that 10 oclock call that possibly wasnt responded to for 2 & half hours ... if you recall from press conference from last wednesday he didnt answer the question about response time. But it wasnt until the following morning in the 8 oclock hour when police were called to the scene where she was found.

Kathy

Some facebook friends had sent a couple messages late Sunday night, that she was missing but there was no organization at that point and of course they were clueless because it was so unlike her?

Kathy

I went back & looked and it was an Aunt who first posted at roughly 1 in the morning that she was missing and it wasnt a joke - did anyone know anything?? I am not sure if her page is public or if I can see as a friend of a friend i. e. my daughter being a friend? But that was Monday at about 1 in the morning and from there her other friends reposted until early Monday morning when she was found and the news trickled out that it was her.

Kathy

I am betting on Wal-Greens and a stranger I ALWAYS look over my shoulder in that area, I hope they are sitting on some info, having the public help like that always makes me think they are clueless :(

I've spent a lot of time just thinking about this case, and I'm basically just spinning the wheels in my head and going nowhere with my thoughts. I'm really torn on if this is random or not. I had one set of thoughts before I learned of the Walgreen stop, which I think does significantly raise the chance that it was random. I would think some business in that area would have had to have caught her on surveillance.

If this was random, this is very scary, as the person who did this took a considerable risk in taking her from a Walgreens.

Sounds random to me, unless LE is working some angle we are unaware of.

Sounds random to me, unless LE is working some angle we are unaware of.

I think if LEO thought it was random there would be more beware Dallas alerts annd I really haven't seen any. I don't live in DFW anymore but all my family does and theres been nothing really of that sort. I honesttly do nott think it was random. JMO

The fact that she was going on a mission is a big change for her. My other thought is if it was random they are processing evidence. I wonder if there is dna and if so can ancestry com use the dna from the cops to find relatives of the perp if the perp is not in the police data bank

I am sickened that the police have so much evidence from the car and yet they have no suspects. How can this be. They have blood and DNA. Why are there no suspects.
Has this person never committed a crime before? He should be scratched up. People need to be looking at everyone they know. Is there someone who looks like they have been in a fight? This has been a terrible week for our family.

Bouncing off of your post.

BBM I wonder if LE has interviewed the mailman that Ms Hastings left her questionnaire for.

Her parents stated in their video that she wrote the mailman that she wanted to know more about him, his favorite drink, favorite candy bar and that she wanted to give him things to brighten his day.

Cute for a young girl to do that, but Zoe was 18 and I wonder if the mailman took it the wrong way and wanted to get to know more about her too.

I doubt the mailman was a creeper but when you posted what I bolded I wondered about the mailman.

Did LE ever release surveillance video from Walgreens/Redbox? I have not been able to find anything online about it. I find it strange that they would not release it if Zoe was seen on the video.

And what is with LE stating she was found inside the car and Joe Noriega stating he saw her in the creek? Poor reporting? I wonder what he saw to know her death was foul play and not just a terrible car accident??

SNIP: " Noriega was driving his own daughter to school at Booker T. Washington this morning, when he says a man flagged him down, saying a girl in the creek needed help. “When I saw the scene I just knew it was foul play.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/12/pd-teen-found-dead-in-car-hanging-off-embankment-was-murdered/

In 2008, my daughter and SIN bought a home on East Lake Highlands Drive. They lived in the home, which is within a block or two of the CS, for nearly two years before transferring out of state. They are the homeowners; however, their home continues to be rental property since the years they left.

At the time, seven years ago, it was a nice neighborhood. We would stroll my grandchild along the sidewalk all the way around the block by Hexter Elementary and back. My daughter was a marathon runner who had a strict personal trainer that she met at the trail near where the jogger was killed with the sword/"large-blade knife". She had to be ready, with shoes tied at 5:30am., or not be allowed to run the 20 miles with the group on Saturdays. She never once felt fearful. The training area left the trail at portions and the runners ran down streets that I prefer she had not gone on but, fortunately, nothing bad happened to any of them during that year of her training.

My apologies for not being able to perform SS. One day I may learn but not today. I have mapped where the Walgreens store is located and we know Zoe lived across the street from it. The map shows the distance to where the CS is located and her church.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Wal...1!2m2!1d-96.7024974!2d32.8540152!3e0?hl=en-US

If you slightly slide the map to view the north-westerly direction, you'll see Norbuck Park where the search teams met. Further west and slightly north, you'll see Walnut Hill Drive and Greenville Avenue @ Harry Moss Park. It may be easier to spot if you zoom in at this point. That is the CS where the murder of the jogger was committed.

Or this map, from the newspage, almost pinpoints where the jogger attack occurred on Mon., Oct 12. Only it was closer to where the White Rock Creek trail runs under the bridge at Walnut Hill Drive. "Authorities said Johnson, 21, admitted to detectives that he used a “large bladed knife” to kill 53-year-old David Stevens just before 8 a.m. on the White Rock Creek Trail."

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...x864ea021382a607d:0x5e7d3435080c0fc6?hl=en-US

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...-in-northeast-dallas-suspect-in-custody.html/

In the video report it states that Zoe left home about 4:45 (not 4:30). She lives across the street from the Walgreens where she deposited a rented dvd from Redbox. That's broad daylight.

"Family members reported her missing after she didn't show up for a church class, police said."

"Her family reported her missing a short time later, when she did not arrive for a 5:00 p.m. church class."

"detectives said there were obvious signs that this was a violent homicide"

"The teen’s home, the church, and the creek where she was found are located within a mile of each other."

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crim...man-found-dead-crashed-car-murdered/73822318/

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/10/12/pd-teen-found-dead-in-car-hanging-off-embankment-was-murdered/

Is it coincidental that the route from Walgreens to the CS was across the street from her church? I would say only if the perp entered her vehicle without her noticing as she dropped off the dvd and only if she left her van doors unlocked. Or she could have been taken by gunpoint from Redbox to her vehicle. But why end up near her church?

If she made it to the church parking lot, that has no cameras, then the unsub could have taken her from there to the CS and killed her soon thereafter. The witness who discovered her stated that he saw blood and knew she was dead because of the color of her skin. To me that represents rigor mortis. The FD had to assist in removing her from the vehicle...jmho...because she was in rigor.

"At the time of death, a condition called "primary flaccidity" occurs. Following this, the muscles stiffen in rigor mortis. All muscles in the body are affected. Rigor mortis starts between two to six hours following death, rigor mortis begins with the eyelids, neck, and jaw. The sequence may be due to different lactic acid levels among different muscles, which is directly related to the difference in glycogen levels and different types of muscle fibers. Rigor mortis then spreads to the other muscles within the next four to six hours, including the internal organs. The onset of rigor mortis is affected by the individual's age, sex, physical condition, and muscular build."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_mortis

Due to the conflicting reports of her being inside the vehicle, yet the witness states that he saw lots of blood and she was outside of the vehicle, then, perhaps it was both. Her head on the rocks with the torso outside of the van and the pelvis and legs were inside. Perhaps her head was bashed against the rocks. Rigor set in with eight hours. So, where was she for 15 hours if are able to conclude that rigor set in for eight of those hours? Then we are missing seven hours; only if this rigor mortis theory is fact. After seven hours of missing, her car lands in the creek nearby her original destination where it sits for eight hours a rigor set in.

Does this make sense? Please critique as you see fit. TIA

I feel such deep sorrow for her family and friends. RIP Sweet Zoe

Does homicidal violence mean overkill? Does HV mean it's more violence than needed to cause death? The unsub was enraged over something. Did s/he just need to kill someone/anyone? Her being found across the street from the church is something I just can't seem to reconcile.

Was her father, the Bishop, already at the church? Was he teaching the class she was supposed to attend in preparation for the mission trip?

I think homicidal violence simply means violence at the hands of another person, whether by a weapon or other (manual) means. Not necessarily overkill. Jmo

The thing that I keep wondering about is why several news reports have reported that the man that was flagged down seems to have said that she was near the van but not in it and that he could clearly see a pool of blood, yet many other reports state time and again that she was found in the van. I cannot think of a single reason why that information would be kept close.
That entire area, like much of Dallas, is very hit and miss with bad neighborhoods right next to perfectly fine neighborhoods. That intersection in particular is riddled with crime, though the neighborhood next to it is very nice. Once when I was in that Walgreens parking lot, I witnessed a violent crime (nothing like what happened to Zoe, but still a frightening event), and now after this I can tell you I'm never going there again. There are some little shops around there which are very questionable and I'm sure are hotspots for drug dealing.
It is because of that area that I am thinking this was a random event. I just don't really believe in coincidences, she was able to safely get to the Walgreens but she was in peril afterwards. I really do believe this was random and that it was done by someone that found her there.
In any case, I know that the entire neighborhood is on the edge of their seats waiting for a development. I pray for a development.

Her father was already at the church. That's how they knew so quickly that she didn't show up. My feeling is that she may have intentionally crashed the car so close to her father in an attempt to escape. I thought about Ancestry.com also. I know that they found lots of DNA in the car.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordanstar
Back