GUILTY TX - Zoe Hastings, 18, abducted & murdered, Dallas, 11 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe that missions are any outreach where they are sent on a trip sometimes for one often for men it is two years, but you do service and outreach for the church somewhere other than your home ward. It can be in foreign countries and it could be in Toledo for example. It is just a period of time dedicated to serving the church.

She was training to go on one when she turned 19 -her dad speaks of this in the video made from their home on about the 14th?

Kathy

Kathy,

I did not make the map for the Casey Anthony case but I just started a map for Zoe. I am local but not that familiar with White Rock Lake area so please let me know if you see something out of place. Also if someone could point me to the general area of Zoe's home, I will add that to the map (not the exact address).

Zoe Map

I knew it like the back of my hand in 1988-1990 when I lived there, but I am officially in a burb at this time and only randomly find myself in that part of town. I dont know I would catch anything that could be "off". I do appreciate your making the map.

It was only when my daughter gave me the address as we headed out for the funeral did I pause and realize it was my old stomping grounds. I knew when we were canvassing, we were close but I didnt tune in how close until later.

I am getting old, that's my excuse at least?

Thanks,

Kathy

Per twitter Nancy Grace will be covering the case tonight on her show on headline news.

Maybe some national attention is good?

Kathy

Interesting map. Thank you so much. A couple of questions. Why did they canvas Norbuck Park? Seems off and away. Also on your map where you have marked Zoe was found wouldn't it be across the way more toward the water? I looked for water but where it was marked looks like close to the road.

This map brought it all together for me. I didn't realize the car seems to have left Walgreens and went toward the way she would go home. Went further and crashed into the Stop sign then turned around and went toward the church.

Stranger and stranger.

Thanks again for all the work in making and bringing the map over.

I think she was abducted and in shock as she slid over in the van. I think when the van crashed into the sign, it was done by Zoe pulling the steering wheel into the street sign to try to save herself from the abduction.

As much as the national coverage and attention to the case is good. Nancy Grace got several things wrong & spoke as if she didn't review the last press conference from DPD.

And suggested she just offered a dude a ride, and while LE says they cleared guy who waved over Noriega as someone who was hesitant to call himself because of outstanding warrants but they had spoken to him and focus should be on black male in parking lot spoke as if that were still a mystery.

Only mystery is where he is ....who he is ....and why?

The Dr and former cop had good input about evidence, I hope it brings attention to the case and more information comes in that leads to an arrest.

Kathy

Norbuck was just a meeting point where there was a prayer and we were given highlighted maps back in the area they probably traveled.

My daughter and I walked Mercer ... so just off Buckner which makes some sense cause the street sign was down headed towards Walgreen and church and creek. But to be coming that way they had to first get out there and circle back.

But I could drive it in 7-12 minutes depending on lights. It is not a huge area to cover.

But there was no real searching at norbuck itself ....just a place to organize.

Kathy

Oh and Nancy Grace showed photos taken after dark when the crime happened during a beautiful, clear and sunny Sunday afternoon in broad daylight.

Not sure why she didn't stick with photos police have been showing all taken during day?

Kathy

For the locals: Do you all know how often homeless people commit crimes?

Two comments
Serving a mission is a big deal in the Mormon church. When a male turns 18 and finishes high school he goes away for two years. Anywhere in the world. There is a language school. It is expensive for the family but basically pretty much required. The girls serve two years at age 19. They have limited family contact and limited funds. The church members contribute to their meals. They don't just try to convert people. They visit the sick and visit under active church members. They are in it for service and sacrifice. The m in missionary stands for moving and missionaries help everyone move. I still think that somehow this major change in her life may figure into this crime.

I find the term offered to give someone a ride interesting. It would account for her sliding over and letting someone else drive. Maybe they were going to go somewhere she did not want to be seen. It was Sunday. Mormons are not supposed to be at any store or restaurant. Maybe that is why she slid over and let the perp drive.

I never considered two perps. Maybe there was one already in the van and a second one outside. That would be why she moved over so fast

Does anyone know why they ruled out the jogger murderer? His description fits this crime

A few things worth noting:
-DPD will not let details out on how she was killed, potential motive for the murder, etc... This indicates that they are concerned about other crimes in the area with a similar pattern and almost certainly indicates, especially considering the lack of any theft, that sexual assault is the motive for the abduction. I'm very familiar with the Walgreens in question. It is a rough intersection, to say the least and is a place with a panhandler presence, as well as a significant loitering presence. It is directly next to a number of sketchy businesses, as well. Additionally, there is a popular upscale bar across the street that I'm sure has seen a drop-off in business since this happened, since they are frequented by the younger professional set. Like a lot of the Dallas area, there are million dollar homes as well as slums all within a few blocks of the intersection.

Okay I think I figured it out. If it was a random **** it was because of the position of the van why the perp wanted to get in the van without walking to the other door. Passengers door. People could probably see him from the passenger side. Probably the driver door was less visible from the street so he had to approach from that side and could not let her get out and go around. I still don't get why she just didn't exit the passenger side

I was going to write something but I am all jumbled up with thoughts of what the heck really happened.

Thanks for explaining about the park that was marked. Simply a meeting place.

Where the sign was run down would that be driving away from Walgreens or toward it? If it's toward it it almost seems they did a loop and were taking her home. Strange.

I would still like to know TOD? That is huge.

Zoe was a very pretty girl. NG makes lots of mistakes. I remember when she kept showing the wrong house during the Isabel Celis disappearance and that drove me crazy.

Tonight she showed the RedBox and Walgreens in the dark and it looked so menancing but really it was light out on a Sunday evening and had to have lots of people coming and going.

One thing I did notice after somebody asked if the witness was across the street waiting for a bus. Walgreens has hedges all around and it makes it a bit hard to see INTO the parking lot. At least to me.

Have they put out any sketch of the man seen getting into her car? Any warnings to be on the look out or just general be careful there is a killer on the lose?

I donno. Something is just kind of off on this one.

Of course something is off - an innocent young girl was kidnapped and murdered. It can happen anywhere. Consider how terrified she might have been to be confronted with a weapon - for those asking why she would get in the car willingly. Consider how a criminal can find anonymity in a crowd. Consider how little we all pay attention to our surroundings when going through our daily routine and how there could have been 20 people around who didn't see a thing. Also, consider that the police are releasing the info they deem necessary. If they thought it was a friend, acquaintance, paramour - that would have probably come out. The scary truth is that this was probably random and this was probably not the first time that this scum has tried something like this. When the police won't detail the way a victim was killed and states "only the killer and victim could know the details," as the DPD has done, it points directly to a modus operandi that the authorities have seen before.

The suggestion that it could be unrequited love due to some subtle flirtation is a bit odd; anyone familiar with Mormons would realize that would be a highly unlikely scenario. The church may have changed their "official" stance on some issues but that doesn't change individual beliefs/practices.
Moo is the one who brought up color not me.

This really has the hair on my neck standing. Such a sweet life ended in such a tragic way. Senseless. Makes me afraid for my daughters future. [emoji25]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back