TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop talking yes, agreed it does make legal sense, but he hasn't spoken to LE or Zuzu's family AT ALL. That was made clear by LE during the presser. He immediately lawyered up.

I can only think of 2 reasons you would do that, either he's got a history, or something that is he ashamed of that could jeopardize his career (possibly drug use) Or he did something to Zuzu

I agree. Most people who have nothing to hide will talk to LE. And those who are guilty (of something) will usually refuse to talk and lawyer up. Big red flag, as is not helping with the search and not talking to her family. But there are those who are guilty who have not lawyered up and have talked to LE and family and tried to "help" with the investigation (Jodi Arias). So my only point is that even though it's likely he's involved, invoking his legal rights or behaving in a certain way is not, in itself, proof of guilt. I guess I try (and don't always succeed) to be a stickler on the law and evidence because I would hope to be treated that way if I were (innocently) in that position. :)

Quotes of the pleas from her family:

"We've been embraced in a way that astounds us. Each day the search gets bigger and more extensive and more impressive, the resources that this small town has managed to gather to find our daughter," said Glenn Verk, Zuzu's father, during a news conference Friday morning. "I've found myself helpless and the only thing that I've really been able to do that seems to make any sense is to thank everyone."

Zuzu's father, while speaking at the same news conference Friday morning, thanked everyone for their efforts to find his missing daughter before taking a moment to address his daughter's boyfriend directly, pleading with him to cooperate with law enforcement.
"There's one person that I would like to be able to thank, but I can't yet. Zuzu's boyfriend, Robert, I'm asking you please to help us. I haven't seen you yet. I've seen a lot of people here helping," said Glenn Verk. "If you would please come and cooperate with the police department and help us and help them I know that you love her -- I hope that you do. And this would be a way to show it."

Through tears, Zuzu's older brother Miles also addressed her boyfriend.

"Robert, if you love Zuzu as much as you say you do, and have told me over and over, you will come down here and you will help the police bring my sister home," said Miles Verk.

Read more: http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Reward-in-Zuzu-Verk-Case-Increased-to-50000-397917421.html

Police said they have a person of interest in the case of a missing North Texas student, but that person is not cooperating and now has a lawyer.

Law enforcement officials in Alpine, Texas address the media Friday morning and posted on Facebook that they’re holding out hope for finding 22-year-old Zuzu Verk.
"At this point, we are still believing that she is alive. We're hoping for the best outcome. We want to return her safely to her family," said Alpine Police Chief Russell Scown
http://www.fox4news.com/news/212878353-story

Looking at the map (thank you skibaboo!) this is truly a really small town. Wow!

Just caught the pressed on Alipine LE FB page.....that was hard to watch ZuZu's family. Dang I hope they get some answers soon to put them out of the misery of not knowing what happened to their daughter & sister.

I want to know more about this camping trip she had planned to take with her friends after mid-terms were over. They were supposed to go to Big Bend. Was Robert going on the camping trip? Had he been to Big Bend before? What day did he finish his mid-terms? I'm wondering if he could have taken her there to hide her. If he was done with mid-terms, and was seen by anyone in Big Bend he could have just claimed he was meeting up with some friends to hike and camp. He might have even thought no one would notice Zuzu was gone and he could meet up with friends and claim ignorance when Zuzu didn't show up for the camping trip. Big Bend seems to have the most heavy brush and green space in the area where a body could be hidden. JMO.

Stop talking yes, agreed it does make legal sense, but he hasn't spoken to LE or Zuzu's family AT ALL. That was made clear by LE during the presser. He immediately lawyered up.

I can only think of 2 reasons you would do that, either he's got a history, or something that is he ashamed of that could jeopardize his career (possibly drug use) Or he did something to Zuzu
Hi Skib,

I probably am wrong but I swear I heard LE say that they spoke to him once, on Saturday, and after that POOF, lawyered up. I may be remembering wrong because I am pretty sad about this case and was reading comments as I listened.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Hi Skib,

I probably am wrong but I swear I heard LE say that they spoke to him once, on Saturday, and after that POOF, lawyered up. I may be remembering wrong because I am pretty sad about this case and was reading comments as I listened.

I heard it too. Poor Zuzu. Poor family. This is awful.

Hi Skib,

Oh I must have missed that! Thanks

If family of a POI has info - would they be eligible for the reward? (I guess I'm wondering if withholding info up until now would exclude them.)
And is this a private reward? I just noticed on another case where it was a FBI reward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If family of a POI has info - would they be eligible for the reward? (I guess I'm wondering if withholding info up until now would exclude them.)
And is this a private reward? I just noticed on another case where it was a FBI reward.

Good questions. IDK.

So sad that it takes money for people to do the right thing.

I have a lot to say but not yet. Gotta wait it out.....but I think LE has their guy. Patience is not a virtue of mine. :)

Hi Skib,

I'm not clear on if he actually spoke to them on Sat. I mean it sounds like he went in to the police station but hired a lawyer right away without saying anything. Could he have said a few things but decided to lawyer up when they hinted he was a suspect? IDK.

I truly cannot imagine why LE are saying they think she's alive. I've been on WS since 2005 and I have never seen a case with an uncooperative, lawyered POI turn out with a live victim. If POI had her alive/knew of her whereabouts, he'd be in so much less trouble that it defies logic for him not to talk.

I've also never seen a confirmed case of a MP being trafficked, ever. I've seen articles of alleged rescues of victims from trafficking, but never have we had a victim who was reported missing and confirmed by LE to be trafficked. It's speculated about in EVERY case, never happens. So I put that at .00001% probability.

I'm not clear on if he actually spoke to them on Sat. I mean it sounds like he went in to the police station but hired a lawyer right away without saying anything. Could he have said a few things but decided to lawyer up when they hinted he was a suspect? IDK.
BBM

I imagine it went as you've described in your second theory. He may not have realized when he went to talk to LE that they had reason to be interested in him, other than because he was her BF. LE is allowed to lie about what they know, so if they act like they have evidence against you, it's wise to get an attorney, even if you're innocent. Not saying he is innocent, and they may have presented him with some pretty damning evidence that let him know his goose was cooked and he'd better be silent and get an attorney pronto.

I truly cannot imagine why LE are saying they think she's alive. I've been on WS since 2005 and I have never seen a case with an uncooperative, lawyered POI turn out with a live victim. If POI had her alive/knew of her whereabouts, he'd be in so much less trouble that it defies logic for him not to talk.

I've also never seen a confirmed case of a MP being trafficked, ever. I've seen articles of alleged rescues of victims from trafficking, but never have we had a victim who was reported missing and confirmed by LE to be trafficked. It's speculated about in EVERY case, never happens. So I put that at .00001% probability.

I suspect the trafficking thought comes from how near they are to the border.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BBM. You don't see "confirmed" cases of trafficking because victims are not named. Police and media will not name a victim by name in order to protect their identity. There have been many cases here where the names of victims were redacted from the threads after they were rescued. I strongly disagree that it "never happens". Just recently, there was a nationwide bust. Here is just one of many articles you can find about it: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2016/10/29_pimps_prostitutes_in_nj_arrested_in_fbi_human_t.html
The names and pictures of the pimps and traffickers are there. If human trafficking "never happens" why were all these people arrested and why would LE lie about that on a nationwide scale?
Going back to Zuzu, I don't feel she is a trafficking case, Just my opinion, despite Alpine being near the border. IF she was a trafficking case we would not have a POI, her boyfriend, who refuses to tell anything. If she is alive and her boyfriend sold her he could have made up a story about her running off with some men and blamed her and the people he sold her to. No, I think we have a domestic violence case and they are searching for Zuzu's body. I would love to be wrong about that theory though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fil