TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
if she was hidden, after a few weeks wouldn't decomposition be setting in which would attract vultures/buzzards? I think someone upthread mentioned buzzards go south in the winter? I thought they stayed year round especially in the Southwest and warmer areas of the country? Not sure as I'm a city girl but have heard that is how they sometimes locate bodies if dogs cannot locate JMOO

I've seen turkey vultures around here in Virginia as of last weekend. When I grew up in Louisiana and hunted I usually saw them all through hunting season. The turkey vulture - our most common vulture - does winter as far north as Texas and Louisiana.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_vulture

There is another ghost town out there off 67, I think the road is about ten miles north of Alpine, I think it's called Hovey. Maybe somebody local could elebrate. I wonder if they have searched there. I've never been there. I should have googled before I posted. It appears to be on private property and not accessible now. Not that that would keep somebody out, IDK!

if she was hidden, after a few weeks wouldn't decomposition be setting in which would attract vultures/buzzards? I think someone upthread mentioned buzzards go south in the winter? I thought they stayed year round especially in the Southwest and warmer areas of the country? Not sure as I'm a city girl but have heard that is how they sometimes locate bodies if dogs cannot locate JMOO
Out here in the desert, it's not uncommon for a body to go through a rapid process that's close to mumification.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified. *

Medic had said that the Vultures had already retreated south for the winter. And he is a verified local. But it has been extremely warm here in West Texas. IMO it is still too early for them to have migrated and according to this article by TAMU. They are around in The Big Bend National Park in all months besides January.

http://txtbba.tamu.edu/species-accounts/turkey-vulture/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Medic had said that the Vultures had already retreated south for the winter. And he is a verified local. But it has been extremely warm here in West Texas. IMO it is still too early for them to have migrated and according to this article by TAMU. They are around in The Big Bend National Park in all months besides January.

Thanks! Yes it's been in the high 80's here in Dallas prior to today it's supposed to be in the 70's for the next week.

I've wondered about her purse, also. If he moved her car, he obviously had her keys. But where were they found at? Did he take time to put them where she kept them in her apartment such as on a hook or in a dish? Leave them in the ignition? Where?

From the get go, I had a flashback of a scene from the movie son in law, when they realize the girl didnt drive her car because of the seat placement. I hope that was looked at.

From the get go, I had a flashback of a scene from the movie son in law, when they realize the girl didnt drive her car because of the seat placement. I hope that was looked at.
Very good observation!!!!

Medic had said that the Vultures had already retreated south for the winter. And he is a verified local. But it has been extremely warm here in West Texas.

I was in Fort Davis (near Alpine) through October 1st. I took pictures of vultures (turkey buzzards) circling their "catch" on the Scenic Loop.

I went back out on October 22nd and paid careful attention to whether or not there were buzzards cleaning the road kill - and didn't notice a single one. Yes, it's been warmer than usual by far but it remains dry (humidity is low).

I wish somehow I could have changed things (since I was there just 11 days before Zuzu went missing), but I know her close friends and family have to be agonizing over this.

There is another ghost town out there off 67, I think the road is about ten miles north of Alpine, I think it's called Hovey. Maybe somebody local could elebrate. I wonder if they have searched there. I've never been there. I should have googled before I posted. It appears to be on private property and not accessible now. Not that that would keep somebody out, IDK!

Yes, there's a Hovey Road off US 67, north of Alpine. I stopped once near that road because I had car trouble, and it's been on my mind because of that. There are a lot of places to hide something if that's what's happened. It would take a random person stumbling onto it (like a property owner) or a hugely coordinated search. There are people who will volunteer if given permission.

is permission needed from the property owner or LE? Who owns the property, surely the sheriff knows? Location wise, it seems to kinda sorta be between Alpine & Marathan, wonder if CE & RF went down 67 on their joy ride.

This possibility is awful to consider what a nightmare.

Off topic - This reminded me of an episode of Columbo he solved a case this way.

Thanks to all of you for caring about Zuzu and for posting news updates and discussion posts. I hope the police manage to find Zuzu.

Information is slowing down here and in the media. I wonder if our VI has anything to provide.

I can't imagine trying to search any of that open country as much of it as there is.

Information is slowing down here and in the media. I wonder if our VI has anything to provide.

I can't imagine trying to search any of that open country as much of it as there is.
I've heard nothing more from the outer circle. [emoji53]

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

I was hoping to hear something about the grand jury by now, it's coming folks, it's gotta be!

We just have to be patient and wait for the grand jury hearing.

If RF isn't talking, why should LE? As much as I want clarification and justice (and Zuzu returned to her family), I'm glad LE has stopped feeding RF everything they know. When he is indicted, he'll have the opportunity to state his case then. And in the meantime, it gives any untruthful POI's some time to forget their lines before the GJ hearing.

Yes! And time to Google the sentence for being an accessory. Time to make a deal! Robert Fabian does not deserve any loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie