GUILTY TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And now, Verk is finally seeing the first steps of justice being served against the man she believes was behind her daughter’s disappearance.

“I would ask him just to tell me what happened that night. I really would just ask him to tell me, so I could know.”

“It would be a relief for him to let us know what the truth is,” she added.

More at link
http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/416474843.html

This is such a relief! I was afraid killing ZuZu would be considered an unpremeditated crime of passion and he'd get charged with manslaughter. But they clearly believe it was premeditated. Is this a case of "If I can't have you, no one can have you"?

http://www.maverickraylaw.com/murder-vs-manslaughter-the-differences-under-texas-law/

That's about what I've been thinking. I'm leaning towards premeditated foul play resulting in murder. Drug overdose or suffocation during/after rape.

If he lost his temper and beat her in a rage he could have killed her. He's twice her size. Not necessarily premeditated but murder by definition.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

That's about what I've been thinking. I'm leaning towards premeditated foul play resulting in murder. Drug overdose or suffocation during/after rape.
BBM

If he lost his temper and beat her in a rage he could have killed her. He's twice her size. Not necessarily premeditated but murder by definition.

BBM

Yes. If death results from the intention (or premeditation, which can be right before the act AFAIK) to cause harm (beating or rape for example), it's murder in TX. Sentence ranges from 5-99 years. He wasn't charged with capital murder, which would bring the death sentence or life without parole. Here's hoping he gets a very long sentence.

In order to be charged with murder, the defendant must have knowingly and willingly caused the death of another person. The biggest distinguishing factor between murder and manslaughter involves the intent of the perpetrator. If the defendant intended to cause serious bodily harm or death, or intended to commit a felony other than manslaughter that resulted in death, he or she can be charged with murder.
BBM

More at link about difference between manslaughter and murder.

ETA: Oops! I guess this link isn't allowed for some reason. It's an attorney. All of this can be googled.

http://www.tarrant*********************/the-difference-between-manslaughter-and-murder-in-texas/

After conviction for murder the defendant can argue that it was a crime of passion. I would expect RF to do this.

Penal Code Section 19.02(d) provides that once a defendant is found guilty of murder, he may prove that his actions occurred under certain circumstances that entitle him to a lesser degree of punishment. He must prove by a preponderance of the evidence that he caused the death under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause.

Much more at link, explaining the differences between murder and capital murder.

https://www.versustexas.com/criminal/murder-versus-capital-murder/

Beyond thrilled with this news!

RIP sweet Zuzu, justice is coming!! :happydance::rose:

I'm not sure if this has already been posted. I've been on and off:
http://buff.ly/2mBEy3C

Zuzu Verk to be laid to rest on Sunday

2017-03-17T23:44:05Z
By Ronnie Marley, Digital Content ManagerCONNECT
(KWES) -
Zuzu Verk, whose remains were found near the City of Alpine last month, will be laid to rest on Sunday.

We're told the private ceremony will be held in the Dallas area and only family and close friends will be in attendance.
Verk, who was attending Sul Ross State University in Alpine, was last seen back on Oct. 12, 2016. Verk was reported missing two days later by Fabian.

Fabian's total bond has been set at $925,000.

There's no word yet exactly how Verk died as that is still under investigation.

Robert Fabian, the ex-boyfriend of Zuzu Verk, was indicted on Friday on charges of murder in connection with the case, along with another charge of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence by concealing a human corpse.

*All statements are my own opinion unless otherwise stated.*

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.19.htm Texas Penal Code, Title 5. Offenses Against the Person. Below: bbm sbm

"CHAPTER 19. CRIMINAL HOMICIDE
Sec. 19.01. TYPES OF CRIMINAL HOMICIDE. (a) A person commits criminal homicide if he intentionally, knowingly, recklessly, or with criminal negligence causes the death of an individual.

(b) Criminal homicide is murder, capital murder, manslaughter, or criminally negligent homicide.

Sec. 19.02. MURDER. (a) In this section:

(1) "Adequate cause" means cause that would commonly produce a degree of anger, rage, resentment, or terror in a person of ordinary temper, sufficient to render the mind incapable of cool reflection.
(2) "Sudden passion" means passion directly caused by and arising out of provocation by the individual killed or another acting with the person killed which passion arises at the time of the offense and is not solely the result of former provocation.
(b) A person commits an offense if he:
(1) intentionally or knowingly causes the death of an individual;
(2) intends to cause serious bodily injury and commits an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual; or
(3) commits or attempts to commit a felony, other than manslaughter, and in the course of and in furtherance of the commission or attempt, or in immediate flight from the commission or attempt, he commits or attempts to commit an act clearly dangerous to human life that causes the death of an individual.
(c) Except as provided by Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a felony of the first degree.
(d) At the punishment stage of a trial, the defendant may raise the issue as to whether he caused the death under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause. If the defendant proves the issue in the affirmative by a preponderance of the evidence, the offense is a felony of the second degree.

"Sec. 19.03. CAPITAL MURDER.
(a) A person commits an offense if the person commits murder as defined under Section
19.02(b)(1) and:

(1) ....
(2) the person intentionally commits the murder in the course of committing or attempting to commit kidnapping, burglary, robbery, aggravated sexual assault, arson, obstruction or retaliation, or ...;
(3) the person commits the murder for remuneration or the promise of remuneration or employs another to commit the murder for remuneration or the promise of remuneration;.... or
(b) An offense under this section is a capital felony.
(c) If the jury or, when authorized by law, the judge does not find beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty of an offense under this section, he may be convicted of murder or of any other lesser included offense."

Sec. 19.04. MANSLAUGHTER.
(a) A person commits an offense if he recklessly causes the death of an individual.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the second degree.

Sec. 19.05. CRIMINALLY NEGLIGENT HOMICIDE.
(a) A person commits an offense if he causes the death of an individual by criminal negligence.

(b) An offense under this section is a state jail felony."

Didn't know the date of her funeral....How sad... She can finally rest in peace now at least and not in the middle of nowhere as RF wanted ...Thanks for posting!

I'm not sure if this has already been posted. I've been on and off:
http://buff.ly/2mBEy3C

Zuzu Verk to be laid to rest on Sunday

2017-03-17T23:44:05Z
By Ronnie Marley, Digital Content ManagerCONNECT
(KWES) -
Zuzu Verk, whose remains were found near the City of Alpine last month, will be laid to rest on Sunday.

We're told the private ceremony will be held in the Dallas area and only family and close friends will be in attendance.
Verk, who was attending Sul Ross State University in Alpine, was last seen back on Oct. 12, 2016. Verk was reported missing two days later by Fabian.

Fabian's total bond has been set at $925,000.

There's no word yet exactly how Verk died as that is still under investigation.

Robert Fabian, the ex-boyfriend of Zuzu Verk, was indicted on Friday on charges of murder in connection with the case, along with another charge of tampering with or fabricating physical evidence by concealing a human corpse.

#justiceforzuzu

Family and friends celebrate the life of Zuzu Verk http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Family-and-friends-celebrate-the-life-of-Zuzu-Verk-416653323.html

Hundreds of family members and friends gathered over the weekend to celebrate the life of Zuzu Verk.

The service was held at the temple the family attended, and saw speakers from all aspects of her life.

"Friends, family, the Alpine Police Department, the attorney general's office, the City of Alpine and surrounding communities, thank you for searching for Zuzu, thank you for praying for her and her family, thank you for loving her even if you didn't know her," said Rabbi Geoffrey Dennis, "Thank you for making her your lost daughter."

Two officers with the Alpine Police Department were also in attendance to represent the City of Alpine and Brewster County.

"I could never forget her. She'll be my heart, mind and soul as long as I draw breath in this world," said Miles Verk, Zuzu's brother, "And one day, I hope to see her beautiful face, hear her twisted humor and then her unforgettable laugh once again."

Zuzu's family sends their love to Alpine and all of those who cared enough to search, hang pictures and show support to her family.

Family and friends celebrate the life of Zuzu Verk http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Family-and-friends-celebrate-the-life-of-Zuzu-Verk-416653323.html

Hundreds of family members and friends gathered over the weekend to celebrate the life of Zuzu Verk.

The service was held at the temple the family attended, and saw speakers from all aspects of her life.

"Friends, family, the Alpine Police Department, the attorney general's office, the City of Alpine and surrounding communities, thank you for searching for Zuzu, thank you for praying for her and her family, thank you for loving her even if you didn't know her," said Rabbi Geoffrey Dennis, "Thank you for making her your lost daughter."

Two officers with the Alpine Police Department were also in attendance to represent the City of Alpine and Brewster County.

"I could never forget her. She'll be my heart, mind and soul as long as I draw breath in this world," said Miles Verk, Zuzu's brother, "And one day, I hope to see her beautiful face, hear her twisted humor and then her unforgettable laugh once again."

Zuzu's family sends their love to Alpine and all of those who cared enough to search, hang pictures and show support to her family.

Goosebumps reading that. Just so much heartache and love and beauty.[emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful :tears:

:loveyou:

Thank you for sharing that. I wasn't expecting to cry at work today but it's a beautiful article.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tittlelomy