GUILTY TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So, I think it is interesting that RF does not have a passport, being so close to the border. I wonder why that is? He would need one if he was to go into Mexico and since he has family there, you would think he would go see them.
He would only need his birth certificate as far as I know.

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

He would only need his birth certificate as far as I know.

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Going into Mexico requires at least a passport card when going back and forth between the US.

*All statements are those of my own opinion unless stated.*

[h=1]More arrests could come in Zuzu Verk case[/h][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.wfaa.com/news/more-arrests-could-come-in-zuzu-verk-case/400188019
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot](News story from yesterday. Sorry if it was already posted here. I don't recall seeing it)[/FONT]

If it will make you feel any better Skibs, Liz Rogers is doing exactly what we want her to do. We want no grounds for appeal. If she's anything other than positive, it works in RF's favor when he's found guilty. As I posted waaay back, she's an excellent attorney, so RF will receive the vigorous defense everyone is entitled to have. He will never be able to appeal his conviction on the grounds of inadequate representation.

I don't know who's paying her or if she's doing this pro bono, and if so, why. Whatever the case, I expect an ugly defense, somehow blaming ZuZu even if the DA has abundant evidence. It's gamesmanship. As we saw with Jodi Arias, all those negative ideas are presented at trial with the goal of reducing the sentence later. It probably saved JA from the death sentence. Personally, I think LWOP is fine because IIRC it means only one appeal and she (and hopefully RF) fade away and receive no special treatment. Being no one special in the general population in prison for the rest of their lives is perfect punishment for them.

Keep your eye on the prize and ignore all the nasty stuff! There will be justice for ZuZu!!

For some reason, I'm wanting to say she's pro bono. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know she came out of retirement to represent him.

WHY, though???

Good to see CE has been arrested. I guess he's MORE involved than I originally thought. If he's not co-operating now, he's keeping quiet to save himself not RF.

Wonder what that smirk looks like NOW for CE?

So, I think it is interesting that RF does not have a passport, being so close to the border. I wonder why that is? He would need one if he was to go into Mexico and since he has family there, you would think he would go see them.

Easy to cross prior to Jan 20. After, not so much.

I don't think they have the means to afford the bond even a small percentage of it, I saw the Brother in law at the food bank the day after the remains were found. Nothing wrong against those who needs help with foods, but it speaks volume about their capacity to bond RF out.

Also I think that the reason why the bond is not that high is because he has not been charged with murder yet. And I strongly believe that RF attorney will advice him to not pay the bond ( and try to reduce it on the same time ) until next charges are coming.

The defense no longer can come with a plea that ZuZu is alive somewhere, so I am assuming they are gonna play an accidental circumstance. Which I actually believe considering how close the body was found and all the proofs at the scene. That was surely not planned.
However there is always 911 to call, hope this will be an example for anybody in the future who attempt to cover his/her tracks.

The Sheriff says their will be more arrests, but the main suspects are in custody. The whole family of RF (brother in law, sister, mom) is still POI. No one has been ruled out.

I heard that too but last time on November 2016, I visited my Boyfriend at the Fort Bliss base in El Paso and by mistake I took the wrong exit and ended up straight to Mexico. It was with my car and nobody asked me for an ID or passport. I think that new regulations can take some time to be effective.

For some reason, I'm wanting to say she's pro bono. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know she came out of retirement to represent him.

WHY, though???

She used to be the Federal Public Defender and she retired from that job, but not entirely from law apparently. And if she's doing it pro bono, I'm betting it's for the thrill/rush of being in on a big case. I doubt that's something that's easy to walk away from.

Only 30% of Zuzu's body/remains could be seen when they walked up to the shallow grave.

The physical evidence from RF family home has not been processed yet.

----from live stream of Sheriffs interview

Can we get a :grouphug: ?

I''m heartbroken for the family. We may have expected today to come, even before the remains were found. I personally prayed for today to come as Zuzu's Mom Lori had pleaded for someone just to tell her where her daughter was, still.. I sit here with tears rolling down my face. I've gotten quite emotionally involved over the months, having suffered the loss of my husband not long before, I admired the Verks grace and took strength from their spirit. Today, I feel their pain and I grieve with them.

God bless you Zuzu, fly high beautiful lady :rose:

Can we get a :grouphug: ?

I''m heartbroken for the family. We may have expected today to come, even before the remains were found. I personally prayed for today to come as Zuzu's Mom Lori had pleaded for someone just to tell her where her daughter was, still.. I sit here with tears rolling down my face. I've gotten quite emotionally involved over the months, having suffered the loss of my husband not long before, I admired the Verks grace and took strength from their spirit. Today, I feel their pain and I grieve with them.

God bless you Zuzu, fly high beautiful lady :rose:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm so sorry for the loss of Zuzu and all of those it has affected. I am also so sorry for your loss.

You can cross over to what is called the "border zone" by land for 72 hours without a passport.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003
Back