GUILTY TX - Zuzu Verk, 22, Alpine, 12 Oct 2016 #3 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also

“I’m proud to represent Robert Fabian and his family

Sheriff Dodson and Police Chief Scown’s goals are to now figure out why and how Zuzu was killed.

They hope to have some of those answers once Chris Estrada is extradited back to Alpine.

These 2 snippets stood out to me

Disgusting.

*All statements are those of my own opinion unless stated.*

Affidavit: Plastic painter's drop cloth key evidence in Zuzu Verk case arrests
ALPINE -- Arrest affidavits of Robert Fabian and Chris Estrada share new details in the investigation of the Zuzu Verk case.

According to the affidavits obtained by CBS 7, Chris Estrada told investigators he went to Fabian's apartment on October 12th to paint a table.

Electronic data shows Estrada was at the Dollar General in Alpine, and Estrada told investigators that he and Fabian had gone to the store to buy three plastic painter's drop cloth.

Surveillance footage shows Fabian buying three packaged items, resembling the drop cloth. A receipt from Dollar General shows that a credit card from Estrada was used to make the purchase.

On the Friday and Saturday of that week, investigators searched Fabian's apartment and only found one of the three cloths that were purchased. The other two were not found.

"Three plastic painting drop cloths."

"Painting a table at 3 in the morning".

Anyone else see the irony?

I wonder if it was deliberate.

I don't know why this should bother me so much, but she was so worthless to him that he buried her in cheap-*advertiser censored**ed sheets from a DOLLAR store?? :furious:

I have had it "up to here" with disgusting filthy murderers. :badmood:

I don't know why this should bother me so much, but she was so worthless to him that he buried her in cheap-*advertiser censored**ed sheets from a DOLLAR store?? :furious:

The sheets were plastic to protect against transfer of evidence, DNA, etc. And yes, she was pretty much worthless
to him, as probably most people would be if they don't serve his purposes.

I'm sure it will come out that he "snapped" in a moment of rage, etc. I won't be surprised to hear
"but it was an accident..." I can just hear it now.

RF doesn't strike me as really caring about anyone else but himself.
Protect number one at all costs, and all that. And he had accomplices that
may have feared him as much or more than Zuzu did. He may have threatened them at some point
also, so they found it easier to go along at the time regardless of potential consequences.

As long as Zuzu is never recovered, no one felt the need to speak up, likely fearing
for what might happen. Now the ship has hit the fan. Anyone and everyone that took part in this,
no matter what their role, should be tried as a co-conspirator. In Texas, it doesn't matter
if you pulled the trigger or drove the get-away car, you're just as guilty.

Just ask those teenagers sitting in Bexar County jail.

All supposition and MOO of course.

CE waived extradition.

He knows that the gig is up.

I must be thickheaded when it comes to these drop cloths and when they were purchased. It matters for one reason, and one reason only. If the drop cloths were purchased prior to Zuzu going to Fabians house and vanishing, then the argument could be made that this was a premeditated murder. It was planned in advance of it actually occurring.

If the drop cloths were purchased the next night after she vanished, then they were obviously being used to help conceal the crime. However, why would Fabian have waited almost a full 24 hours to go to a Dollar General store and buy items that he would have needed the previous night ? Why wouldn't he have bought this stuff at 8 a.m. the next morning ?

CE waived extradition.

He knows that the gig is up.

Chris Estrada waives extradition, will return to Alpine
ALPINE, Texas (AP) - Police say a second man accused of hiding the corpse of a West Texas college student will be returned from Arizona to Texas.

Alpine police Lt. Felipe Fierro says Chris Estrada waived extradition Tuesday from Phoenix, where he was arrested a day earlier in the investigation of the death of Zuzu Verk.

I must be thickheaded when it comes to these drop cloths and when they were purchased. It matters only for one reason, and one reason only. If the drop cloths were purchased prior to Zuzu going to Fabians house and vanishing, then the argument could be made that this was a premeditated murder. It was planned in advance of it actually occurring.

If the drop cloths were purchased the next night after she vanished, then they were obviously being used to help conceal the crime. However, why would Fabian have waited almost a full 24 hours to go to a Dollar General store and buy items that he would have needed the previous night ? Why wouldn't he have bought this stuff at 8 a.m. the next morning ?

I believe they were bought the following night. I also don't get why he would wait.

I must be thickheaded when it comes to these drop cloths and when they were purchased. It matters for one reason, and one reason only. If the drop cloths were purchased prior to Zuzu going to Fabians house and vanishing, then the argument could be made that this was a premeditated murder. It was planned in advance of it actually occurring.

I actually believe he thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Roped friend/family into helping him as they all went about their usual business. Probably thought it would look less suspicious to buy them later, after all they made plans at 3am to paint a table, right? So why not go buy supplies the next night. Called his sis to borrow bro in laws truck in the middle of the night too, these things are all perfectly normal to these people, or so they want you to believe.

Maybe it was all working to a point, LE were not able to arrest him until now. I believe any evidence was circumstantial.

Or he might be a vampire and doesn't go outside in daylight

BBM

I had the same question above. Looks like he bought the drop clothes around 19 hours after he murdered her. Here is the timeline from other thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ct-2016-Media-Maps-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION

TUESDAY
11 Oct 2016, 5 PM- Zuzu tries to call her mom but her mom missed the call (Dallas Observer).
11 Oct 2016, Evening- Zuzu and her on-again off-again boyfriend (RF) went to the movies w/a group of friends at the Rangra theater.
11 Oct 2016- A neighbor of RF's at his apt complex said he heard the couple arguing/fighting the night Zuzu disappeared (WFAA, Star Telegram).

WEDNESDAY
12 Oct 2016- Residents last saw Zuzu on Harrison Street around 3:30 a.m. Wednesday morning just before she went missing (CBS7).
12 Oct 2016, morning- There was an unconfirmed sighting of Zuzu at Stripes Convenience Store with an unknown man (CBS7, Bigbendnow).
12 Oct 2016- RF was the last known person to see Zuzu (confirmed by APD to WFAA ABC News).
12 Oct 2016- ZuZu's dog was reported running around near her apartment on Wednesday with its leash on. Animal control came, found the dog and put it in her fenced yard (CBS7 video interview w/LE).
12 Oct 2016- Zuzu did not show up for a midterm exam at Sul Ross State University.

Thanks for providing the timeline.............however..........that in itself just muddied the waters for me, yet again.

See highlighted above for parts that are confusing to me.

The neighbors saw her at 3:30 a.m. ? Who saw her at 3:30 a.m. ?

AND and Didn't even use his own money to purchase the cloths.. So very very sad.

Thanks for providing the timeline.............however..........that in itself just muddied the waters for me, yet again.

See highlighted above for parts that are confusing to me.

The neighbors saw her at 3:30 a.m. ? Who saw her at 3:30 a.m. ?

Robert, as it turned out IIRC. He was who was quoted to have last seen her at 3:30am but I think that was written before we knew that

Speaking of the timeline, where is Gardener? Hope shes ok

If he waited almost 24 hours after her last known night with him to buy the drop cloths, then there is no way that Chris Estrada isn't knee deep in this thing with him. No way.

I guess RF must have just driven her out into the country the night he beat her to death and dumped her out. Later on, he and Estrada returned with their Breaking Bad kit and did some digging and a more thorough cleanup.

He borrowed the brother-in-laws pickup so any trace evidence left behind after the elaborate cover-up wouldn't be found in or on his vehicle. There must have been things transported in Estradas car too, like maybe Zuzu herself, and that's why he tried repeatedly to have it detailed the next day. It looks as though Robert Fabian is going to bring a whole lot of people crashing down with him, and for good reason. All of this scurrying around and swapping of vehicles left and right is suspicious all in itself.

I can see why LE might be having trouble trying to tie up this timeline, I'm having a little trouble myself. It just dawned on me though why the timeline is so extended and drawn out over such a long period of time. They were patient and calculating........much planning and forethought went into how to hide this crime and get away with it. It appears that there really wasn't a bunch of rushing around while hurriedly trying to cover things up, on the contrary, it seems as if they pretty much did it at their leisure.

Word to Fabian: You didn't dig the hole deep enough, dumbazz.

http://www.cbs7.com/content/news/Se...-home-of-Robert-Fabians-sister-413076473.html

According to the warrant, authorities searched the home for "Shovels, rakes, hand tools, hoes, pick axes, pitch forks, spades or any other tool or implement discovered that is designed and that may reasonably used to dig or remove soil and/or natural ground, and to seize soil from the Property to be used for forensic comparison".

The full search warrant and arrest affidavit can be read here.

If he waited almost 24 hours after her last known night with him to buy the drop cloths, then there is no way that Chris Estrada isn't knee deep in this thing with him. No way.

I guess RF must have just driven her out into the country the night he beat her to death and dumped her out. Later on, he and Estrada returned with their Breaking Bad kit and did some digging and a more thorough cleanup.

He borrowed the brother-in-laws pickup so any trace evidence left behind after the elaborate cover-up wouldn't be found in or on his vehicle. There must have been things transported in Estradas car too, like maybe Zuzu herself, and that's why he tried repeatedly to have it detailed the next day. It looks as though Robert Fabian is going to bring a whole lot of people crashing down with him, and for good reason. All of this scurrying around and swapping of vehicles left and right is suspicious all in itself.

I can see why LE might be having trouble trying to tie up this timeline, I'm having a little trouble myself. It just dawned on me though why the timeline is so extended and drawn out over such a long period of time. They were patient and calculating........much planning and forethought went into how to hide this crime and get away with it. It appears that there really wasn't a bunch of rushing around while hurriedly trying to cover things up, on the contrary, it seems as if they pretty much did it at their leisure.

Word to Fabian: You didn't dig the hole deep enough, dumbazz.

Yep, we're on the same wavelength, and BBM thank god he didn't. I actually thought being in the pharmaceutical field and funny you should mention Breaking Bad, I actually thought he may have tried the disposal in acid route.

Coming late to this case & thread. Clipping info from thread 1 from Gardener1850 post re Zuzu's 'on & off bf' RF.

"IDK if we are allowed to discuss now but those two employment addresses would be good to add to skibaboos's map (if allowed):
http://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/dbsear...m.asp?id=19802
http://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/dbsear...m.asp?id=27226
One of them is outside of town off HWY 118 with a lot of unoccupied land around it and one is just a few blocks from the Stripes convenience store where there was a reported sighting of Zuzu
."

^ pharmacy in first link is the (only one in city/area of Alpine) local hosp --Big Bend Med Center, on Hwy 118. 40 beds.
^"City Drug" in second link is small town drug store, w Rx, OTCs, med supplies, makeup & cosmetics, greeting cards, etc. in heart of town.

So RF was employed as Pharma Reg'ed Tech at both places? Thx in adv. Sorry if already covered since Oct when Gardener posted.

Thx to skibaboo for info below.
"Texas Pharmacy Registered Technician." For specific duties, I found the following documents helpful:
http://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/files_..._%20c_2012.pdf
http://www.pharmacy.texas.gov/files_...chart_2012.pdf"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019