UID Victim: "Cherries", Mamaroneck, Blk/Hisp, 605UFNY, found Mar 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They're harder to track down, but there are a lot of local and regional resources as well. State police websites often include a missing persons registry. The coroner or medical examiner may have a website, as do many sheriff and police departments.

It's important to remember that most law enforcement agencies are dealing with urgent public safety issues. They're trying to corral drug dealers and violent criminals, solve robberies and assaults, protect victims of domestic violence, head off lone-wolf gunmen and organized terror attacks, investigate child *advertiser censored*, deal with cybercrimes and stalking, and on and on and on. And most agencies are understaffed and underfunded. It's not surprising that they consider cold cases and unidentified bodies as less important than saving lives now.

North American missing network.

Nampn or North American Missing Person Network. I prefer it to other sites bc of the way the missing are listed by year. Always take into account whether their DNA has already been submitted to namus or not. If so, they likely are an automatic rule out (If the UID also has DNA on file)

WHERE is the submissions thread for this Cherry Doe? I want to submit Dorothy Dotson to Namus (although her DNA is processing so maybe there is no need to alert them yet).

There isn't a separate submissions thread. We discuss things here, and then decide independently whether we want to submit through LE, Doenet, Namus, etc.

There isn't a separate submissions thread. We discuss things here, and then decide independently whether we want to submit through LE, Doenet, Namus, etc.

OH OK! Well I'm probably not going to submit Dorothy since her DNA is processing. If it submits and lights up a match, maybe it will be this jane doe or another one. Don't want to bog down Namus, but Dorothy Dotson - I got you girl. I hope it wasn't you, but if so may there be swift justice.

Sounds reasonable...though it can be worth following up. Sometimes matches are missed for a variety of reasons.

There is a submissions thread. Daisy chains, if you submit her just update it under cherries. It's in this same forum for LISK unidentified victims.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?326826-Submissions-*NO-DISCUSSION*

They're harder to track down, but there are a lot of local and regional resources as well. State police websites often include a missing persons registry. The coroner or medical examiner may have a website, as do many sheriff and police departments.

It's important to remember that most law enforcement agencies are dealing with urgent public safety issues. They're trying to corral drug dealers and violent criminals, solve robberies and assaults, protect victims of domestic violence, head off lone-wolf gunmen and organized terror attacks, investigate child *advertiser censored*, deal with cybercrimes and stalking, and on and on and on. And most agencies are understaffed and underfunded. It's not surprising that they consider cold cases and unidentified bodies as less important than saving lives now.
I would not give LE that much credit. I think they are downright lazy. IMO

OH OK! Well I'm probably not going to submit Dorothy since her DNA is processing. If it submits and lights up a match, maybe it will be this jane doe or another one. Don't want to bog down Namus, but Dorothy Dotson - I got you girl. I hope it wasn't you, but if so may there be swift justice.

I noticed her file was entered into NamUs in 2013. I'm wondering if possibly this just didn't get updated after the DNA was processed or if it is just in storage because there has not been a reason to test the sample yet. NamUs admins are usually pretty good about responding to questions from the public trying to help. You might just check into that and then submit or not, depending on what they say. Either way I think she's a good match!

A good match except for her tattoo. Cherries had a cherries tattoo on her chest. Not Ali. Keep looking you may be getting closer.

I was just thinking maybe the cherries tattoo was just a cover-up tattoo

I think I am going to go ahead and submit Ali Grimsley-Gilmore as a possiable match... What do you think?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back