UID Victim: Toddler's Mother, Peaches, found Hempstead Lake State Park June 1997 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is terrific news.
I wonder if the woman who shares her DNA lives in the South or the NE.
Family members have moved around a lot in the last few decades.
I wish the media would pick up on this.
I was wondering that too!

Does anyone know if any more information other than the Howell family has been revealed?

I do genealogy in my spare time. I mainly dug into this because at first glance, I thought I could be related to Lilly Mae, as I am a Wiggins with family in the area, but a quick look over her records indicated we only shared a last name and nothing more. I dove into this case with the available information, and I am wondering if they have explored *all* avenues, like I would like to know what specifically points at Mr. Howell. Here is why I question this: half siblings can really mess up the perceived results. I wonder, since there is such far relatives like 4th cousins, the percentage and perceived relations are off. For example, you share 25% of DNA with your half sibling, but you also share that much with a niece or nephew, or a grandparent.

Theres so many holes to fill, that it would not surprise me if certain percentages lead towards the wrong sibling. I found that Mr. Howell comes from a huge family, and his grandmother was married before she married his grandfather. I will keep names to myself but I found that Mr. Howells father had at least 3 half siblings from this previous marriage. I noticed that at least two of these siblings have mixed-race grandchildren, mixed with Caucasian as Peaches is seemed to have. Several of these children and grandchildren moved to places close to the locations of interest - a few hours away from the tattoo shop in which she allegedly got her peach, and some moved to New Jersey.

In this search, I have found at least 5 living grandchildren of about 3 or 4 siblings of Mr. Howells father, Sid, and reached out to them about the story of Peaches. I know as of right now they have located the granddaughter of one of Mr. Howells brothers.

Just my two-cents. Hopefully now that more relatives are being found, her identity will come about very soon. Heres hoping!!

Last edited:
Does anyone know if any more information other than the Howell family has been revealed?

I do genealogy in my spare time. I mainly dug into this because at first glance, I thought I could be related to Lilly Mae, as I am a Wiggins with family in the area, but a quick look over her records indicated we only shared a last name and nothing more. I dove into this case with the available information, and I am wondering if they have explored *all* avenues, like I would like to know what specifically points at Mr. Howell. Here is why I question this: half siblings can really mess up the perceived results. I wonder, since there is such far relatives like 4th cousins, the percentage and perceived relations are off. For example, you share 25% of DNA with your half sibling, but you also share that much with a niece or nephew, or a grandparent.

Theres so many holes to fill, that it would not surprise me if certain percentages lead towards the wrong sibling. I found that Mr. Howell comes from a huge family, and his grandmother was married before she married his grandfather. I will keep names to myself but I found that Mr. Howells father had at least 3 half siblings from this previous marriage. I noticed that at least two of these siblings have mixed-race grandchildren, mixed with Caucasian as Peaches is seemed to have. Several of these children and grandchildren moved to places close to the locations of interest - a few hours away from the tattoo shop in which she allegedly got her peach, and some moved to New Jersey.

In this search, I have found at least 5 living grandchildren of about 3 or 4 siblings of Mr. Howells father, Sid, and reached out to them about the story of Peaches. I know as of right now they have located the granddaughter of one of Mr. Howells brothers.

Just my two-cents. Hopefully now that more relatives are being found, her identity will come about very soon. Heres hoping!!
Please do send updates on this thread if anything comes up w/ your contact, if they are fine with it of course.

Could this be Marina and Vivian Trout, she is of Cuban decent and the Vivian seems to be in the same age range. She also had ties to NY according to the charley project. I can't find a definite description of Marina even though she was the abductor. Maybe she fled to NY until she could leave the country and met up with foul play? Marina also seems to be wearing the same type of earrings that were found in the one picture they do have of her on Namus.

Last edited:
Could this be Marina and Vivian Trout, she is of Cuban decent and the Vivian seems to be in the same age range. She also had ties to NY according to the charley project. I can't find a definite description of Marina even though she was the abductor. Maybe she fled to NY until she could leave the country and met up with foul play? Marina also seems to be wearing the same type of earrings that were found in the one picture they do have of her on Namus.

Was Marina African-American? To my understanding Peaches Doe has been proven to at least be a lightskin

Peaches died in 1996.

The earrings the baby doe was wearing was popular and cheap.
If i were you i would have submit it, but i tend to believe that unfortunately Peaches and her baby were not reported missing.

i tend to believe that unfortunately Peaches and her baby were not reported missing.
Why do you think that is? The tattoo guy hypothesized fear of of the SCPD

Why do you think that is? The tattoo guy hypothesized fear of of the SCPD
The tattoo guy also made dubious claims about Peaches' mother calling him and introducing herself as "Peaches' mother".

When Peaches supposedly arrived at his parlor, it was conveniently after closing time...

I don't believe his story at all.

The earrings the baby doe was wearing was popular and cheap.
If i were you i would have submit it, but i tend to believe that unfortunately Peaches and her baby were not reported missing.
I agree. The police spoke to sex workers and all of them agreed that it was very common for girls to bring their infants with them on dates.

If Peaches did bring her infant daughter with her, then it's very likely that she was at a very tough and vulnerable point in her life. We're talking drug addiction and no family or partner to support her.

Great work!!!

I, myself, haven't heard of any further information other than the Howell family being revealed, that could help trace lineage.

I'm a fellow genealogy enthusiast, and good points, I agree it's possible half siblings could alter results. It's going to be a bit of work, to be sure--I hope anyone who is notified they are linked by DNA is able to start working on their line and get birth/death cert. info and work with the FBI to help solve in the very least, "Peaches" and her daughter's identity.

I was wondering to myself, and if anyone knows--please chime in, are we dealing with an actual 4th cousin, or estimate of 4th cousin(?) I'm guessing an estimate(?)

From my personal experience, I get estimates of "3-8th cousin" with a verified relative who is my third cousin, and "4th-9th cousin" with some others, on a particular genealogy site. I submitted my DNA years ago to research projects and genealogy DNA databases. My personal matches are ranked along with probability of relationship as defined by percentage of shared DNA, lengths of DNA segments shared, and longest segment shared. I have no idea of what way the FBI estimates relationships or consanguinity, perhaps they have specialized programs not available to the public.

Frustratingly, the way genealogy works, if we knew who Peaches and her toddler were, had the name and info, it would be a lot easier to get back to Mr. Howell, than the opposite. A database would have to be built up around Mr. Howell, and every possible relation a little up the tree, and all the way down and to the side to hopefully get an identity for Peaches and her toddler.

I hope some are working on this, and I'm sure they are--not only the FBI, but amateur and professional genealogists, too. LDS at Familysearch.org have probably the largest amount of records available, worldwide.

I would add whatever help I could, at least for the older generations of the tree. I think the family would need to be involved in more recent generations, due to living persons/privacy concerns. Even when we are trying to work on helping identify someone, there are cousins, etc. who probably do not want their identity publicly posted in a database available to the public for research.

The tattoo guy also made dubious claims about Peaches' mother calling him and introducing herself as "Peaches' mother".

When Peaches supposedly arrived at his parlor, it was conveniently after closing time...

I don't believe his story at all.
What do you think the story with the tattoo artist is? Forgive me, as I'm not that familiar with the details of this one. Do you think the tattoo artist knew something?
I agree. The police spoke to sex workers and all of them agreed that it was very common for girls to bring their infants with them on dates.

If Peaches did bring her infant daughter with her, then it's very likely that she was at a very tough and vulnerable point in her life. We're talking drug addiction and no family or partner to support her.
I had no idea bringing babies to "dates" was common.

I am just updating the group about my genealogy progress currently. Out of the three half siblings, I have found spouses for two, and an official report on kids-grandkids-greatgrandkids on the half sister. I am in contact with a man (great grandchild of the half-sister) who was not aware until recently that he had at least one half sister whom he did not know about, but she is alive and well and in contact with the family. There may be a possibility of more half siblings.
I want to say this, but it is utterly grabbing at straws and I understand that it could mean nothing - the gentleman is not only in the same age range as Peaches, but has the same olive skin color as Peaches. This side of the family lives in IL. He and I have been chatting about the possibility of me going into his DNA account to see if theres any kind of closer connection or if there is a family member out there with an unaccounted for daughter and granddaughter.

Also - if you have not been following the Facebook announcement, it seems as though, although not credible, it has been confirmed that it is not Elijah Howell they are researching, but in fact seems to be one of his siblings or a sibling of Sid Sr, and if it is a sibling of Sr, then there is a strong chance the gentleman I located could be closer related to Peaches.

Last edited:
I am just updating the group about my genealogy progress currently. Out of the three half siblings, I have found spouses for two, and an official report on kids-grandkids-greatgrandkids on the half sister. I am in contact with a man (great grandchild of the half-sister) who was not aware until recently that he had at least one half sister whom he did not know about, but she is alive and well and in contact with the family. There may be a possibility of more half siblings.
I want to say this, but it is utterly grabbing at straws and I understand that it could mean nothing - the gentleman is not only in the same age range as Peaches, but has the same olive skin color as Peaches. This side of the family lives in IL. He and I have been chatting about the possibility of me going into his DNA account to see if theres any kind of closer connection or if there is a family member out there with an unaccounted for daughter and granddaughter.

Also - if you have not been following the Facebook announcement, it seems as though, although not credible, it has been confirmed that it is not Elijah Howell they are researching, but in fact seems to be one of his siblings or a sibling of Sid Sr, and if it is a sibling of Sr, then there is a strong chance the gentleman I located could be closer related to Peaches.
Absolutely fantastic work, @BindingBloodline ! I admire your work on this, and progress! Grabbing at straws or no, you are in the right DNA pool, and being in touch with the family and developing rapport is wonderful, and IMO can only lead to further genealogy leads/connections. I'm not on Facebook, so thank you for sharing the information for those of us who aren't on there. Sending a great big dose of good luck, and much gratitude as a member of the public, for what you are doing to help hopefully identify "Peaches."

Not sure if anyone has noticed this also, but on GilgoNews website Peaches has been removed from the victims page, although her daughter (the toddler) is still listed. Not sure why that would be, but must somehow be related to the recent lead in identifying Peaches via genetic geneaology.

BTW, there hasn’t been any official update on Gilgo investigation since May.

Not sure if anyone has noticed this also, but on GilgoNews website Peaches has been removed from the victims page, although her daughter (the toddler) is still listed. Not sure why that would be, but must somehow be related to the recent lead in identifying Peaches via genetic geneaology.

BTW, there hasn’t been any official update on Gilgo investigation since May.
Sorry to hear that the Gilgo Beach murders are still unsolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back