UK - 39 bodies found in lorry, Essex, 23 October 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel it's unlikely, too. If you have your own network, why share?
Looking at the murky links of all of these people and families involved (especially the fridge side and their previous smuggling / fuel laundering / likely money laundering to boot) then I think it’s likely not snakeheads...

Looking at the murky links of all of these people and families involved (especially the fridge side and their previous smuggling / fuel laundering / likely money laundering to boot) then I think it’s likely not snakeheads...

It's just my opinion this is likely a huge, huge operation independent of cooperation with others. But I'm still scrolling/searching around. I'm really not finding these snakehead gangs to be cooperative with anyone outside their network.

They like to keep it in the family...? Wondering who on earth could be the driver the Belgians have identified. It might have been better for them to keep quiet and see if he attempts to return to NI. MR and EH were known to each other, guessing they know who this guy is, too.

Last edited:
27 October 2019

Essex migrant deaths: UK police expected to interview Dublin suspect

UK Police Officers investigating the deaths of 39 people found in a lorry trailer in Essex are expected to visit Ireland in the coming days to question a man arrested at Dublin Port on Saturday.

[...]

He is being held by gardaí in relation to separate offences.

Essex Police want to speak to him in relation to the deaths of the 39 people, many of whom are believed to have been trafficked from Vietnam.

Essex Police officers are expected to visit Dublin as early as Sunday in an effort to speak to the man.

They are keen to establish if he is the person who transported the trailer to the Belgium Port of Zeebrugge.

27 October 2019

UK Police Officers investigating the deaths of 39 people found in a lorry trailer in Essex are expected to visit Ireland in the coming days to question a man arrested at Dublin Port on Saturday.

[...]

He is being held by gardaí in relation to separate offences.

Essex Police want to speak to him in relation to the deaths of the 39 people, many of whom are believed to have been trafficked from Vietnam.

Essex Police officers are expected to visit Dublin as early as Sunday in an effort to speak to the man.

They are keen to establish if he is the person who transported the trailer to the Belgium Port of Zeebrugge.

So the tip off about the Belgians identifying someone could be wrong. Or maybe a lack of liaison ..

More:

It is understood the truck cab driven by the man arrested at Dublin Port has been taken to a Garda Vehicle Depot in Santry, Dublin where an examination is expected to take place in consultation with UK police.

The thought of it being one of the last things they saw outside of the trailer makes my flesh crawl.

I thought Chelmsford was a Crown court. I don't know much about this bit though.

He won’t be pleading anything tomorrow. He will just be referred on to the Crown court.

I thought Chelmsford was a Crown court. I don't know much about this bit though.

I'm studying this currently.

The Criminal Justice System | The Crown Prosecution Service The Criminal Justice System | The Crown Prosecution Service

Chelmsford has a Magistrates and a Crown court.

Serious offences cannot be heard at a Magistrates, they have to go to Crown. Magistrates only have the power to hear minor offence cases and can only sentence for up to 6 months or give up to a £5000 fine.

If the offence is too serious for Magistrates the defendant still has to go to Magistrates first to be "sent" up to Crown. There will be no plea at Magistrates. :) Hope this helps anyone who was confused.

There is a crown court at Chelmsford, but MSM info says he is going to a mag court tomorrow, which is normal procedure.
At magistrates court they will hear the charge and then say that it is something which has to be dealt with by a crown court. The gap between magistrates court and crown court appearance can be a week, could be a day or two.

Why do you think it's wrong? I presume the Belgians have ID'd him and his truck and that's why he was pulled in when he drove off the ferry in Dublin.

Man arrested in Dublin 'delivered lorry deaths trailer to Zeebrugge'

A man detained at Dublin Port on Saturday is the haulier who delivered a trailer to Zeebrugge before it was found in Essex with the bodies of 39 people inside, according to Belgian authorities.

The 23-year-old Northern Irishman was identified last week but details were kept quiet, according to the Belgian public prosecutor’s office, which said that they agreed with police in Essex that British authorities would issue a European arrest warrant that enabled him to be detained.

Be interesting to know whether any other trucks were involved in the movements of the trailer...

between 16th October and the 22nd

And if so.. who was driving?

It has already been reported that there were "multiple" trips across the English Channel.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member