UK - 4 children died in house fire, 27YO woman arrested, Sutton, 16 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonder what the child cruelty charge is about
According to the article, it applies to all 4 boys. My best guess would be that it is similar to the child cruelty charge against Constance Marten and Mark Gordon in that the Crown have to prove child cruelty before the jury can consider manslaughter.

I've just looked back to the start of this thread and realised that this happened in December 2021. That's a heck of a long time ago for us to only now be getting pleas entered in a criminal complaint that involves the deaths of 4 infant children!

I've just looked back to the start of this thread and realised that this happened in December 2021. That's a heck of a long time ago for us to only now be getting pleas entered in a criminal complaint that involves the deaths of 4 infant children!
I wonder if she was having some sort of mental health treatment until now

IMO

They've still got multiple suspects bailed while further investigation takes place and of course there is the suspect who is still in a coma. Once they make charging decisions on those suspects and get pleas then the Crown can consider setting a trial date. It could be a long time yet before this goes to trial. My best (IANAL) guess would be next summer at the earliest.

JMO
I think you are muddling cases!! This is about the four boys in Sutton. Their mother is the alleged culprit.

Anyone know when the trial will begin?
Monday (9th September) I believe.

A website (old bailey insight) that lists cases being heard has this
Court 6 at 12 noon New trial of Deveca Rose charged with four counts of manslaughter after her two sets of twin sons were killed in a fire in Sutton, south London in 2021. Kyson and Bryson Hoath, aged four, and Leyton and Logan Hoath, aged three, all died in the blaze.

How much have the Covid-19 lockdown in 2020 and parts of 2021affected court hearings in the UK, how long has it taken to get all the 9ld cases up to date?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence
Back