Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is a new bit of info coming out of the investigation - Adrian apparently walked into a house during the night he went missing.

And for the first time, Detective Superintendent Stewart Gull has said the former Les Quennevais student, who is believed to have been intoxicated when he disappeared, opened the front door of a home in St Lawrence before being confronted by the startled owners.

‘I think it was the briefest of contacts,' the detective said. 'As I understand, Adrian opened the door and went into the property and was asked, in words to this effect, “What are you doing?”,’

‘There was another contact in the north of St Lawrence.

I do hope he didn't do that elsewhere, to someone who didn't wait to assess the situation but immediately reacted as if he was an intruder.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015/12/14/missing-man-walked-into-strangers-house-hunt-police-reveal/

I am still very saddened by the increasing number of people who appear to have encountered this very young man (who looks even younger than his age) in a state of confusion, and did nothing. He can't have appeared very threatening surely - why not ask his name and contact someone for him?

Here is a new bit of info coming out of the investigation - Adrian apparently walked into a house during the night he went missing.

I do hope he didn't do that elsewhere, to someone who didn't wait to assess the situation but immediately reacted as if he was an intruder.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015/12/14/missing-man-walked-into-strangers-house-hunt-police-reveal/

It's actually not new information.

I know what you mean. I think there may well have been foul play. He was obviously behaving strangely due to alcohol and maybe hypothermia and a lot of people seem to react harshly to unusual behaviour.

I am still very saddened by the increasing number of people who appear to have encountered this very young man (who looks even younger than his age) in a state of confusion, and did nothing. He can't have appeared very threatening surely - why not ask his name and contact someone for him?
I agree!

That statement says "believed to be intoxicated" only, but I suppose he was if he was wandering about and entering strangers' houses.

Even so he seems to have been well dressed in suit and shirt and surely the householders must have seen his confusion when they confronted him? He hadn't broken in to the house after all, just opened the door and walked in poor lad. Why didn't they help him.

For the first week I had hoped he could have survived in the open, but now I fear the worst.
Where on earth could he be - IMO he is in a building/property/boat somewhere otherwise wouldn't all those searches have found him?

That statement says "believed to be intoxicated" only, but I suppose he was if he was wandering about and entering strangers' houses.

Even so he seems to have been well dressed in suit and shirt and surely the householders must have seen his confusion when they confronted him? He hadn't broken in to the house after all, just opened the door and walked in poor lad. Why didn't they help him.

For the first week I had hoped he could have survived in the open, but now I fear the worst.
Where on earth could he be - IMO he is in a building/property/boat somewhere otherwise wouldn't all those searches have found him?

I'm worried some old farmer might have shot him thinking he was an intruder, and is keeping quiet.

Latest photos from the search:

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2015-12-14/key-figures-on-the-search-for-adrian-lynch/

My thought is that the police are trying to scare the driver into coming forward. They're saying "we know who you are". How would people have an idea of who he is?

The driver is probably hoping that they have no chance of finding out who he is. It could be for a lot of reasons really.

Strange case. Initially I thought it was suspicious. Then I decided that the most likely scenario is that he hid somewhere and died. Now I'm back to wondering if there has been foul play.

Just trying to look at every angle. Is there any possibility that it was not Adrian who was seen talking to this driver ? And therefore, the driver has not come forward because he knows it was someone else that he was speaking with.

Nope, I guess I am clutching at straws here. Even if it was not Adrian that this driver was talking to, at that time, at those crossroads, he ( the driver ) would still be able to recognise that the police were talking about him, and he would surely come forward anyway, to clear up the mistake.

Just found out about this case today and have skim read the thread. As others have said it is surprising he hasn't been found yet.

I was reading this article in the Jersey Evening Post: http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2...lked-into-strangers-house-hunt-police-reveal/

I'm most likely reading too much into it but...

And for the first time, Detective Superintendent Stewart Gull has said the former Les Quennevais student, who is believed to have been intoxicated when he disappeared, opened the front door of a home in St Lawrence before being confronted by the startled owners.

And:

‘There was another contact in the north of St Lawrence. A homeowner said they heard scratching and knocking on their door. Another report said they heard Adrian shouting for Ella. From our research we know that Adrian had a friend called Ella. This, and I know we keep repeating it, reinforces our belief he was disorientated.

I just wonder if the use of both intoxicated and disorientated is significant? Is there any word from the taxi driver whether he gave a specific address to be taken to? (which would suggest not being too drunk/disorientated at that point)

Also as pointed out in the comments in the above article, did either of the two homeowners above call the police to report the incidents? very weird if neither didn't...

I'm worried some old farmer might have shot him thinking he was an intruder, and is keeping quiet.

Latest photos from the search:

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2015-12-14/key-figures-on-the-search-for-adrian-lynch/

Yeah, could be. I would think that someone who did something awful with good intentions would call 999 straight away, but who knows?

I thought the most likely explanation was that he'd hidden and died in the cold, but it's been over a week now and I think he'd have been found if that were the case. I think something weird must have happened. I wonder if it'll soon become a murder investigation.

YidArmyRach has mentioned in her posts about people just don't like outsiders ( like people from the UK) simple as in Jersey especially if their an older generation and stuck in their ways

Something is not sitting right here why is he knocking on people's doors and trying to let himself in at that time of the early hours - usually you knocked on people's doors if you was in need of help he might have been so drunk he forgot where he lives which I highly doubt because he seem to be walking around that area for a long time and he could just have passed out in field somewhere but he would have been found by now I am jumping on more theory's here he could he have been the victim of a sex assault? or could there be a possibility he was drugged? Still nothing is making sense why has he still not been found

Just found out about this case today and have skim read the thread. As others have said it is surprising he hasn't been found yet.

I was reading this article in the Jersey Evening Post: http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2...lked-into-strangers-house-hunt-police-reveal/

I'm most likely reading too much into it but...

And:

I just wonder if the use of both intoxicated and disorientated is significant? Is there any word from the taxi driver whether he gave a specific address to be taken to? (which would suggest not being too drunk/disorientated at that point)

Also as pointed out in the comments in the above article, did either of the two homeowners above call the police to report the incidents? very weird if neither didn't...

I've had a man go down my alley next to my house and do a poo, then asking to come in and use my toilet, plus a man banging on my door repeatedly in the early hours. I didn't report either.

It really depends on the circumstances, but if Adrian wasn't threatening and just walked back out, they'd surely only call the police if they were socially conscious. Many people aren't, are they? I think it's sad, but not necessarily odd.

I think they're using both terms simply to clarify and maybe to indicate that he potentially had hypothermia on top of intoxication.

YidArmyRach has mentioned in her posts about people just don't like outsiders ( like people from the UK) simple as in Jersey especially if their an older generation and stuck in their ways

Something is not sitting right here why is he knocking on people's doors and trying to let himself in at that time of the early hours - usually you knocked on people's doors if you was in need of help he might have been so drunk he forgot where he lives which I highly doubt because he seem to be walking around that area for a long time and he could just have passed out in field somewhere but he would have been found by now I am jumping on more theory's here he could he have been the victim of a sex assault? or could there be a possibility he was drugged? Still nothing is making sense why has he still not been found
Well, the police have said hypothermia, which would have made him behave strangely, but I think you may well be right. I think he could have been the victim of a crime. He was opening himself up to awful things, wasn't he? It seems that he was vulnerable that night.

I've had a man go down my alley next to my house and do a poo, then asking to come in and use my toilet, plus a man banging on my door repeatedly in the early hours. I didn't report either.

It really depends on the circumstances, but if Adrian wasn't threatening and just walked back out, they'd surely only call the police if they were socially conscious. Many people aren't, are they? I think it's sad, but not necessarily odd.

I think they're using both terms simply to clarify and maybe to indicate that he potentially had hypothermia on top of intoxication.

I'm just really struggling with the hypothermia theory even allowing for being drunk. Looking at the weather and the low point that night looks like 11c/52f. It was only a 2 hour period too, right?

He looks like a young and fit guy to me.

Though another possibility is the car that he was seen at very soon after being dropped off by the taxi with the interior light on (suggests a door open or the light being manually turned on).
I wonder if it is possible he acquired some drugs from this car that then lead him to become disoriented (bad "trip") hence walking into houses, shouting Ella and walking around aimlessly?

It still doesn't explain why he still hasn't been found though.

Yes - I did a post a page or two back saying I'm confused by the hypothermia theory. I used to frequently go out in skimpy tops and walk home in the early hours in the north of England and didn't get close to being ill. Surely most young people have done similar?

I think the driver could turn out to be significant in this, but I'm not sure about drugs. Surely he'd take them once he'd reached his destination and not en route?

I'm just really struggling with the hypothermia theory even allowing for being drunk. Looking at the weather and the low point that night looks like 11c/52f. It was only a 2 hour period too, right?

He looks like a young and fit guy to me.

Though another possibility is the car that he was seen at very soon after being dropped off by the taxi with the interior light on (suggests a door open or the light being manually turned on).
I wonder if it is possible he acquired some drugs from this car that then lead him to become disoriented (bad "trip") hence walking into houses, shouting Ella and walking around aimlessly?

It still doesn't explain why he still hasn't been found though.

I am too on the hypothermia - even if he died from that he would still have had a 50% chance of being found unless he accidently fallen into a river, sea etc

all we we know is there is at least 16 witnesses sightings of him that night/ early hours really impressive for a missing persons case and his phone, wallet and belt have been found but no other items as yet he was supposed intoxicated and was shouting the name Ella everyday and hours that goes by and he is still not found the more this case becomes more odd I just can not believe he has not been found yet

Or in water, of course. That's still most probable, I'd have thought. I don't know at what stage the water searchers are. There are only two of them, so perhaps it will take some time?

Or in water, of course. That's still most probable, I'd have thought. I don't know at what stage the water searchers are. There are only two of them, so perhaps it will take some time?

that could fit in with the scenario he was accidently a victim of an hit and run - the driver panic either buried the body or dumped it into a river or the sea - or accidently fell into the water where they are searching I would like to know their reason for the underwater searches did they get a tip off or are they just checking the rivers just to make sure

It does seem odd that someone could be so drunk they would forget where they lived, but I suppose if he was looking for someone in particular, he might have forgotten where to find them. I could definitely get on board with the idea that he was under the influence of drugs, whether voluntarily or involuntarily.

I was contemplating the found belt and wondered if a bathroom break might have caused him to take it off. I've had enough fun in my day to know that buttons, zippers, and belts can be a lot harder to use when tipsy. It also seems like him pulling down his pants could cause his phone and wallet to fall out unnoticed or maybe he sat them down next to him so they wouldn't fall out and get lost and then promptly left without them.

Such a weird case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back