Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apologies for my rather rambling previous post. I'm using my phone so hard to see exactly what I'm writing. I live in Guernsey (neighbouring island) so have been following this case closely.

Welcome Zoomy, it's nice to have you here and better still to have some local help.

Thank you pappa rob.
It is a shame that no one from Jersey is yet posting on here. They are certainly quite forthcoming with their thoughts and opinions on what might have happened on the Help Search for Adrian Facebook group.

Thank you pappa rob.
It is a shame that no one from Jersey is yet posting on here. They are certainly quite forthcoming with their thoughts and opinions on what might have happened on the Help Search for Adrian Facebook group, however the admins are getting upset if anyone mentions anything too sinister or negative and are removing it as they say it is disrespectful to the family. The States of Jersey Police also have a Facebook page with regular updates of the search as well.

We're not supposed to talk about family or discuss others unless that person's been named a POI or suspect. After that they're fair game to a point.

You could check this out, it will explain it better. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?79876-Terms-of-Service-The-Rules-amp-Copyright

Ok, I realise now I shouldn't have mentioned a few personal details about where family/friends live etc. I hope it will be removed if inappropriate and apologies if it seems insensitive. Thanks for the advice.

Ok, I realise now I shouldn't have mentioned a few personal details about where family/friends live etc. I hope it will be removed if inappropriate and apologies if it seems insensitive. Thanks for the advice.

If you feel you would like to change details of your post, there is an edit button on the lower right corner of your post. Just a heads-up :)

I think there is a strong possibility that in the last known sighting of him at around 2.20 am on CCTV he could have been trying to get to his mother's home. Apparently she asked for people to search from David Hicks ( a shop near where he was dropped off in the taxi) to town (St Helier). It's been mentioned on the Facebook page that the CCTV shows him first heading north then turning around within a few seconds and heading south. He is apparently on a path that leads to St Helier. There was also mention that there is a short cut to it through fields.
Of course it seems strange that he would have been so close to his home but decided to walk much further to his mum's. Could this be because he might not have wanted to wake the people he lived with in the middle of the night? Police were also asking the public to look out for his door key, if he had also lost that along with his phone and wallet, then maybe in his drunken/confused/dishevelled state (a taxi driver reported seeing him with scuff marks on his trouser knees as though he had fallen in mud/puddles) he did not want to have to bang on the door and wake them up.
This may
also make sense as to why he was trying to get to his friends house who lived nearby. As he was reported to have been outside a house shouting their name, why would he bother going to a friends house when it was so close to his. Clearly it was not the correct house, but it must surely have been very close to where he lives.

What I found strange regarding public comments I have seen so far, is the many that tell people not to search private property, and making reference to certain fields, farmland and outbuildings, saying they are on private land. If areas like that are going to be ignored (I guess until the police get round to looking), then had he been trapped or injured somewhere like that, he'd have had no chance, if people are advised not to look there.

Surely a missing and vulnerable young man is more important than 'trespassing' on someone's privately-owned field or overgrown extended garden (by this I mean some people in Jersey own areas of land near their houses, which are not actually gardens or fields, just areas of land left to nature). The comments just said to say off private land, and didn't make reference to anyone else actually checking them, or telling people to get permission to search. Just to keep away. I found that a bit worrying.

I noticed comments from a couple of residents very close to where his belongings had been found, saying that they had checked their sheds and gardens, but were surprised not to have had a visit from the police asking them to do so - or asking if they had done this.

What I found strange regarding public comments I have seen so far, is the many that tell people not to search private property, and making reference to certain fields, farmland and outbuildings, saying they are on private land. If areas like that are going to be ignored (I guess until the police get round to looking), then had he been trapped or injured somewhere like that, he'd have had no chance, if people are advised not to look there.

Surely a missing and vulnerable young man is more important than 'trespassing' on someone's privately-owned field or overgrown extended garden (by this I mean some people in Jersey own areas of land near their houses, which are not actually gardens or fields, just areas of land left to nature). The comments just said to say off private land, and didn't make reference to anyone else actually checking them, or telling people to get permission to search. Just to keep away. I found that a bit worrying.

I noticed comments from a couple of residents very close to where his belongings had been found, saying that they had checked their sheds and gardens, but were surprised not to have had a visit from the police asking them to do so - or asking if they had done this.

you think they would allow the private properties be searched for missing man or check it themselfs would they take the same attitude if it was a missing child? If someone has gone missing for more then 10 day I think it's highly important everywhere should be checked people own private buildings, lands, fields they should check or search them just in case

I am sorry to say I know nothing about the Channel Islands.
What is the number of the police force in Jersey, anyone know?

Do many people go missing there, I expect being an island the crime rate is quite low.

Zoomy :wagon: Good to have local knowledge, welcome.

Reading some comments on the public f/b doesn't fill me with confidence re the search of private land and buildings.
I would have hoped (expected even) that in a situation such as this all landowners would be more than happy to have searches of their land and buildings. I can understand that they don't want hoards of strangers wandering about their properties, but I would expect them to welcome organised searches.
I also think that there is a difference between some landowners "have had a look round the fields etc" and actual searching.
I live in a very rural farming area and understand the disturbance strangers can cause to livestock, but I do hope nothing is overlooked.
I can't understand why they have found no trace of poor Adrian yet.

If I were a local landowner (or even homeowner, or even if I just had an allotment) I would check my property/fields so thoroughly. Because one day he will be found and who wants to be the one who didn't look properly?

Do many people go missing there, I expect being an island the crime rate is quite low.

Reading some comments on the public f/b doesn't fill me with confidence re the search of private land and buildings.
I would have hoped (expected even) that in a situation such as this all landowners would be more than happy to have searches of their land and buildings. I can understand that they don't want hoards of strangers wandering about their properties, but I would expect them to welcome organised searches.
I also think that there is a difference between some landowners "have had a look round the fields etc" and actual searching.
I live in a very rural farming area and understand the disturbance strangers can cause to livestock, but I do hope nothing is overlooked.

Apparently, there are 240 police officers in Jersey, according to: http://www.jersey.police.uk/recruitment/police-officers/

I hear what you're saying, but surely the police will have thought of all this?

If I were a local landowner (or even homeowner, or even if I just had an allotment) I would check my property/fields so thoroughly. Because one day he will be found and who wants to be the one who didn't look properly?

exactly it would be a sad situation if he was found on someone's property that they did not check

I do hope the people posting to avoid private land are just trying to keep people from trespassing and that organized searches and LE are covering those areas.

As a landowner, I wouldn't be very happy to find someone searching around my property without my permission, even in a case like this. I'd be more than happy to give permission to LE or an organized search party.

I do hope the people posting to avoid private land are just trying to keep people from trespassing and that organized searches and LE are covering those areas.

As a landowner, I wouldn't be very happy to find someone searching around my property without my permission, even in a case like this. I'd be more than happy to give permission to LE or an organized search party.

i can understand that but if someone went missing in an area or town where I had land I would check that land myself just in case someone has not got lost and his not injured and in need of help

Looking at the dots showing where he was dropped off, and where he was last seen, it is a very tiny area to search really and hard to believe he can't be found, especially with the use of dogs. He must be very well hidden if he really is still around that area. Despite the quite long time he was wandering around, he doesn't seem to have actually travelled that far, so it would surprise me if he wasn't still in the search area ...... unless he was removed by someone else (which I wasn't initially suspecting).

I haven't got much to say again, other than I'm totally shocked that it's almost 2 weeks and Adrian has still not been found. It's hard to imagine that on a relatively small island, someone can just disappear and it be completely un-suspicious :/

Even more surprising is that there hasn't been another clue after the 02:17 AM CCTV (if it is actually him) The police I think have said they aren't holding anything back from the public so it is a complete mystery at this point...

Can someone remind me if known where his phone and wallet and belt were found or has that not been disclosed?

Even more surprising is that there hasn't been another clue after the 02:17 AM CCTV (if it is actually him) The police I think have said they aren't holding anything back from the public so it is a complete mystery at this point...

Can someone remind me if known where his phone and wallet and belt were found or has that not been disclosed?

His phone and wallet were found near where the taxi dropped him off, his belt was found in a garden near to where he was last seen on CCTV (near Bon Air stables). If you can find Skibs map she has added both findings on there. (sorry, I'd post it myself but am on my phone and got children hanging off me!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back