Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder if it is a drugs-related crime and that the police have been saying hypothermia out of kindness to the family.

I'm sure the car information is significant.

If they have said hypothermia out of kindness, then that might have had consequences for their investigation. If people aren't told what the true facts are, how can they come forward with relevant evidence?

I'm probably wrong. I'm just baffled by the hypothermia theory.

He probably did just lose his way and curl up somewhere. Perhaps the police are looking into whether his body has been moved unwittingly and the owner hasn't noticed.

He probably did just lose his way and curl up somewhere. Perhaps the police are looking into whether his body has been moved unwittingly and the owner hasn't noticed.

I agree the hypothermia theory doesn't sound likely. Its hardly freezing at night over here, and Jersey is always a couple of degrees warmer. He appears to have been moving around quite a bit in the two hours between the taxi drop off and last sighting, so surely that would have kept him warmer, and also would have helped get rid of the effects of alcohol and sharpen up his mind. It is baffling - he spent 2 hours being very visible, then suddenly disappeared.

Makes me think of the Morgan Huelin case. Quite a bit of "controversy" about that case.

It seems like the police have received new information. They are asking if anyone noticed a silver car containing several males parked at Carrefour Selous Gym at 11pm and also asking the public to look out for any trailers or containers that have been moved.

I agree the hypothermia theory doesn't sound likely. Its hardly freezing at night over here, and Jersey is always a couple of degrees warmer. He appears to have been moving around quite a bit in the two hours between the taxi drop off and last sighting, so surely that would have kept him warmer, and also would have helped get rid of the effects of alcohol and sharpen up his mind. It is baffling - he spent 2 hours being very visible, then suddenly disappeared.

It only needs to be in the mid 60's F for hypothermia to set in. If he had been drinking he'd be more susceptible. If he was really active he would of been wet from perspiration which would of made it worse. The same thing if he was taking drugs.

Yes, I linked the new information yesterday.

He'd have had to develop hypothermia very quickly if he was disorientated as soon as he got out of the cab, which is what is suggested. I don't buy it, but we'll see. I would think excessive drinking or drugs is more likely. It probably doesn't make any difference to the investigation though, so I shouldn't go on.

The appeal from the police about the car is now making it sound sinister. They've not put it on their Facebook page which is strange.

Makes me think of the Morgan Huelin case. Quite a bit of "controversy" about that case.

I wasn't aware of that case TTWO so just googled it. Strange similarities indeed, though Morgan found quickly. Is the "controversy" possibly a matter of influence ? Sorry to go o/t.

The appeal from the police about the car is now making it sound sinister. They've not put it on their Facebook page which is strange.
It does, but I can't make my mind up on this. I reckon it won't be much longer.

It only needs to be in the mid 60's F for hypothermia to set in. If he had been drinking he'd be more susceptible. If he was really active he would of been wet from perspiration which would of made it worse. The same thing if he was taking drugs.

Mid 60's would be for water temperature and ~50's in wet/windy weather: http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/tc/hypothermia-and-cold-temperature-exposure-topic-overview But have others have said, it doesn't really matter at this point.

The police have now asked for CCTV and sightings of covered trailers or large containers from areas outside where he was seen and given more details about the car and its occupants. Seems to show they are now thinking about other possibilities.

jessie said:
I wasn't aware of that case TTWO so just googled it. Strange similarities indeed, though Morgan found quickly. Is the "controversy" possibly a matter of influence ? Sorry to go o/t.

Not necessarily influence more for me that it shows the Jersey police struggle with some (more complicated?) cases. They had to draft in experts from the UK to sort it out it seems.

I haven't been clicking on "Thanks". I forgot the feature existed! Thank you, everyone :)

Mid 60's would be for water temperature and ~50's in wet/windy weather: http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/tc/hypothermia-and-cold-temperature-exposure-topic-overview But have others have said, it doesn't really matter at this point.

The police have now asked for CCTV and sightings of covered trailers or large containers from areas outside where he was seen and given more details about the car and its occupants. Seems to show they are now thinking about other possibilities.

Not necessarily influence more for me that it shows the Jersey police struggle with some (more complicated?) cases. They had to draft in experts from the UK to sort it out it seems.

I've known someone that died at that temp. sorry if you can only get your info out of web pages, real life's different. If you're damp or under the influence that scale's off.

But he was disorientated as soon as he'd got out of the cab. He left the venue, git into the cab, got out of the cab, and was immediately behaving strangely. Surely hypothermia needs some time to set in? Otherwise it would be the biggest killer amongst young people.

I really hope Adrian is found before Christmas. This dragging out must be torture for his family.

Its been over 2 weeks now..........considering his last known movements, the landscape of Jersey and its high population density, I am starting to think that it is possible that something more sinister than misadventure is responsible for Adrian's disappearance.

I was actually thinking about this as I fell asleep last night. The belt has been perplexing me, since it was found away from the phone and wallet......Could he have been hit by a car, and the belt was taken off to use as a tourniquet? Just a thought....IMHO

I was actually thinking about this as I fell asleep last night. The belt has been perplexing me, since it was found away from the phone and wallet......Could he have been hit by a car, and the belt was taken off to use as a tourniquet? Just a thought....IMHO

Do you mean used as a tourniquet to stem the flow of blood? Surely then it would have been covered in blood and the police would then most certainly be considering foul play. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe needing to urinate and lost it then.

Do you mean used as a tourniquet to stem the flow of blood? Surely then it would have been covered in blood and the police would then most certainly be considering foul play. I was thinking more along the lines of maybe needing to urinate and lost it then.

Men don't remove their belt to urinate do they?

eta - no other clothes recovered either, jacket was he/wasn't he wearing it on the CCTV? If not where is it? Finding shoes can be an indication of attack or abuse but there has been nothing at all from what I've heard.

What if something sinister did happen and Adrian dropped those things on purpose. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back