Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, CMC! Google maps is way out on the location of Bon Air stables....

So his phone and wallet found near the taxi drop off point which was just after midnight (also where he may have been talking to someone in another car)
Possibly seen on CCTV ~0.6 mile away/2 hours later and belt found very close by
Then vanished without a trace or clue.

Also didn't he have a jacket that hasn't been found? Yet the CCTV shows a figure in a white shirt...All I can say at this point is if he was talking to someone in another car, that is the key to the whole mystery.

Thanks, CMC! Google maps is way out on the location of Bon Air stables....

So his phone and wallet found near the taxi drop off point which was just after midnight (also where he may have been talking to someone in another car)
Possibly seen on CCTV ~0.6 mile away/2 hours later and belt found very close by
Then vanished without a trace or clue.

Also didn't he have a jacket that hasn't been found? Yet the CCTV shows a figure in a white shirt...All I can say at this point is if he was talking to someone in another car, that is the key to the whole mystery.

He was seen after being observed talking to someone in a car though. I wonder if the last to see him were the occupiers of the house he entered?

I'm not sure about the jacket, was he just not wearing it, carrying it ?
Nothing from the SOJP on whether they have traced and spoken to that car driver yet either.

Where are you Adrian?

He was seen after being observed talking to someone in a car though. I wonder if the last to see him were the occupiers of the house he entered?

I'm not sure about the jacket, was he just not wearing it, carrying it ?
Nothing from the SOJP on whether they have traced and spoken to that car driver yet either.

Where are you Adrian?

Oh I know. My thinking here is that whatever was discussed with that driver triggered the odd behaviour. Maybe some sort of argument that in his drunken state he reacted by discarding his phone and wallet, walking into and knocking doors of random houses, discarding his belt and shouting for Ella etc. Almost like he was trying to find that driver/car again.

The only problem with this is that he hasn't been found and there is no trace of him.

Anyone else got any ideas of what was going on with him that night?

What if someone (like the person in the car) was after him and he was using his belt in an attempt to protect himself? Are those roads where he was last seen wide enough to park a car on the shoulder or would there be places for a car to pull out of view? Could he have been knocking on doors in an attempt to get away from someone? In the CCTV footage, I originally thought he seemed to be on a mission to get to where he was going due to the speed he was walking, but now I'm wondering if he was trying to get away from someone or possibly more than one person, hence the turning back several seconds later.

He appears to have stayed in the same small area for 2hrs, it seems unlikely that he wouldn't be somewhere in that area, but then if that was the case it seems unlikely that he hasn't been found yet ! Where's his jacket, if that was him on the CCTV (probably was otherwise someone else would have come forward) are we sure that he had his jacket on when he was dropped off ?

I just read an earlier article at the Jersey Evening Post that says Police stopped 141 vehicles exactly a week later between midnight and 3 AM in the area he went missing.

That is a massive amount of vehicles to my mind assuming that is the norm. Given that he would be walking in the road in many places I'm surprised there hasn't been more sightings. Most of these vehicles I guess would be taxis at that time of night.

He appears to have stayed in the same small area for 2hrs, it seems unlikely that he wouldn't be somewhere in that area, but then if that was the case it seems unlikely that he hasn't been found yet ! Where's his jacket, if that was him on the CCTV (probably was otherwise someone else would have come forward) are we sure that he had his jacket on when he was dropped off ?

I thought it looked like he was wearing his jacket on the CCTV footage. His face was fairly bright, but his body was not. I'd assume if he was just wearing a shirt, it would be light colored and fairly visible as well. Of course, that all goes out the window if he was wearing a dark shirt.

If nothing new comes up before next week, it would be interesting to know what decision has to what do the police and authority's make next week as next where to go with this case - my concern would be that they toll down the search but it seems everywhere is being search and still nothing new

Its been a long time since I lived in Jersey, and despite it being such a small island, there are areas which I didn't really ever spend much time. This is one of them - simply because I didn't work there, I didn't live there, and my social life revolved around pubs and clubs in other areas, so I didn't really ever need to go to the CS area. So, I'm not that familiar with it. However, if there are areas of water there, I'd probably still go with the theory that he is somewhere like that, only because when young men go missing at night, after drinking, sadly that is the most common ending :(

The very, very rare cases of murder in Jersey are usually domestic violence related (by that I mean I can only recall 2 cases - Roderick Newall who killed his parents, and Damian Rzeszowski who stabbed his wife, children, father in law and a family friend and her daughter (later found guilty of manslaughter due to diminished responsibility) and drug related (the only case I can think of is Darren McCormick who killed a man over a drug debt).

I would be amazed if this turned out to be a random killing, rather than accidental or misadventure.

Just seen this update. Considering the official theory is that "Detectives believe Adrian became disorientated after getting out of a taxi at Six Roads at midnight, and ‘perhaps suffered hypothermia and has got himself into a situation he then couldn’t get out of", surely getting these dogs in, would have been better on day one or two?

Police say the two Victim Recovery Dogs are trained to pick up the scent of blood and bodies.

They are able to sniff even a microscopic amount of blood.

They will be working alongside their handlers in St Lawrence and surrounding parishes over the next two days.

Source is the website of one of Jersey's radio stations http://www.channel103.com/uk-csi-dogs-searching-for-adrian/

Just seen this update. Considering the official theory is that "Detectives believe Adrian became disorientated after getting out of a taxi at Six Roads at midnight, and ‘perhaps suffered hypothermia and has got himself into a situation he then couldn’t get out of", surely getting these dogs in, would have been better on day one or two?

Source is the website of one of Jersey's radio stations http://www.channel103.com/uk-csi-dogs-searching-for-adrian/

That isn't a good sign but I agree it is a bit surprising they haven't done this sooner. ITV News are also running the story: http://www.itv.com/news/channel/

Interesting that ITV are using a picture for the story from the Welsh dog team that searched in Portugal in the Madeleine McCann case as seen in the picture gallery in the article below:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/meet-badger-spud-muzzy-tito-8460918

Surely they will get a break soon.........

That isn't a good sign but I agree it is a bit surprising they haven't done this sooner. ITV News are also running the story: http://www.itv.com/news/channel/

Interesting that ITV are using a picture for the story from the Welsh dog team that searched in Portugal in the Madeleine McCann case as seen in the picture gallery in the article below:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/meet-badger-spud-muzzy-tito-8460918

Surely they will get a break soon.........

I have every faith that these wonderful dogs will find Adrian wherever he is.

There's been another update: http://www.itv.com/news/channel/upd...of-car-seen-in-area-adrian-lynch-disappeared/

Surely this means that the police DO know more than they've been letting on. I feel that they're contemplating something sinister.

Or drugs, perhaps, as others have mentioned.

All I can do is shake my head. Surely if a solid witness tells police that several men in a car were seen talking to this poor lad that would be the first and number one priority after he goes missing.

That only two weeks later after talking about hypothermia and a tragedy they release such details baffles me. A poor attempt at weeding someone out? As for the last paragraph...:(

I also don't think they are quite as confident the CCTV footage is him reading the latest articles.

I wonder if it is a drugs-related crime and that the police have been saying hypothermia out of kindness to the family.

I'm sure the car information is significant.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back