UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
12:54

'No DNA-evidence from accused at Alesha's house'

The court has been told no DNA matching the accused was found anywhere in the flat Alesha was abducted from.

Mr Bailey added that none of the samples taken from accused’s home could be connected to the six-year-old.

He also told the court there were no traces of blood on any of the swabs taken from taps or handles of the accused’s home

1_FMF_SDR_23072018KYLE49JPG.jpg

(Image: Daily Record)

Accused boy's 'DNA found on Alesha MacPhail's shorts and vest'

If he had been able to dispose of the body instead of posing her in a sick way, he might have gotten away with it. CCTV proved he had the opportunity, the DNA proved he did it. <modsnip> In Alesha you could not of had a more innocent and blameless victim. May she rest in peace

Last edited by a moderator:
If he had been able to dispose of the body instead of posing her in a sick way, he might have gotten away with it. CCTV proved he had the opportunity, the DNA proved he did it. <modsnip> In Alesha you could not of had a more innocent and blameless victim. May she rest in peace

You think he positioned her in a way specifically? meaning rather than how he just left her before he ran off?

This has just made me burst into tears...your last sentence sums this up. That innocent little lamb. It’s reminiscent of why children have always been told fairytales...in this case, the big bad wolf was real and more ferocious than anyone could possibly imagine. A wolf in sheep’s clothing leading an innocent little lamb into the woods.

I find it particularly interesting that there is a total lack of DNA based evidence either at the MacPhail house or at the home of the accused. I also think it is highly unlikely that the home of the accused could be cleaned to the extent that absolutely nothing of what might be there in the first place would remain. It is incredibly unusual.

Furthermore, if it was the case that the accused was hyper-aware of leaving DNA evidence at either the MacPhail house or his own home, then it doesn't fit that he would be so utterly careless with respect to leaving traces on the actual victim.

It's impossible to tell without knowing the details, but theoretically the 14 points where DNA is noted on the body could all be related to semen ?

This whole case has been hard to deal with - from that day in July. The trial has had a profound impact on a few of us I'm sure... I know I've burst into tears a few times in the last week, I'm sure I'm not alone. Poor Alesha. :(
I had to stop reading and stay off twitter earlier. It's too much, too terrible.

I find it particularly interesting that there is a total lack of DNA based evidence either at the MacPhail house or at the home of the accused. I also think it is highly unlikely that the home of the accused could be cleaned to the extent that absolutely nothing of what might be there in the first place would remain. It is incredibly unusual.

Furthermore, if it was the case that the accused was hyper-aware of leaving DNA evidence at either the MacPhail house or his own home, then it doesn't fit that he would be so utterly careless with respect to leaving traces on the actual victim.

It's impossible to tell without knowing the details, but theoretically the 14 points where DNA is noted on the body could all be related to semen ?

I don't think the 14 DNA points were all semen. I believe his DNA was found as a result of him applying extreme pressure. I might be mistaken.

This is the one part that gets me as well. I don't understand how he can appear to be so unaware/careless when it comes to DNA evidence at the crime scene itself and Googling basic information yet also appear to be cautious when it comes to Alesha's house, his own house and then trying to dispose of clothing. Very bizarre. But I suppose he was out of his mind.

This is the one part that gets me as well. I don't understand how he can appear to be so unaware/careless when it comes to DNA evidence at the crime scene itself and Googling basic information yet also appear to be cautious when it comes to Alesha's house, his own house and then trying to dispose of clothing. Very bizarre. But I suppose he was out of his mind.

Or perhaps there is more to the story. Perhaps someone else was involved.

The lack of DNA in Aleshas house can be explained IMO ( awake, found her walking down the stairs , sleeves over hands etc) but the lack of it in his house does have me concerned. Is it possible to wash away every aspect in the sea to leave no trace whatsoever. In the Becky Watts case the accused tried his hardest to ‘deep clean’ the bathroom but traces were still found. Although Becky was in the house and dismembered so huge difference of course.

It occurred to me that maybe when the boys mother was telling him that whoever did this would have left dna all over Alesha, and he said he didn't understand dna/what it was etc, maybe he was lying and said this deliberetly in front of his mother and uncle so that he then had witnesses who would attest to the fact that he seemed to not know/understand dna evidence when they brought it up (when Alesha was first reported missing and they asked him if he knew anything) so later this would make him look less guilty. Meaning if he managed to clean his home of dna and not leave any behind in Alesha's home either then he didn't want it to look planned, he wanted them to think he didn't understand dna and therefore the lack of dna in his home and in Alesha's home would make it look like he was innocent, as opposed to someone who had deliberetly covered their tracks carefully.

can I just say I do not believe for one second he was “very drunk” and had drank a full bottle of wine and 20/20.

He’s been so logical. Not leaving fingerprints in aleshas house. Discarding his clothes, I would barely be able to walk in a straight line after drinking that much.

It makes me think his mums trying to protect him a little. I think when she mentioned the DNA to him. She herself Panicked and had a clean up?

Or perhaps there is more to the story. Perhaps someone else was involved.

Perhaps. That would be quite a twist though. I would say that perhaps the defence would make a case for that, but then they would be incriminating the accused as well in the process if he was working with someone. So that's not going to happen.

He may just have got lucky at Alesha’s house, because it was so brief. And he still managed to leave a palm print. If he was really trying to be careful, he wouldn’t have.

The dumping of clothes in the sea hardly suggests a great criminal mind at work because they’ve been found immediately. Again, he’s got somewhat lucky because of the effect of saltwater, which I doubt he knew about

There’s obviously been a clean up operation at his house, but we don’t know when that’s taken place. Could have been the day after, when he’s had time to think about it/research it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214