UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a complex question. The inference given is that he murdered her because he couldn't face that he'd raped her. This does happen. Some criminals are hardened or get off on their crimes, but others suffer PTSD at the acts they've committed and some DO enter a state of denial very deep and thorough in order not to recall/face up to what they did. If that is the case for him it's hard to know how he sees himself. He may have completely convinced himself it didn't happen and he didn't do it, in which case if he can maintain it i think he will want anonymity because it helps him maintain the veneer of being an innocent child now awaiting appeal for his miscarriage of justice.

On the other hand the innocence plea may just be part of an "i'm a good lad really" act he's putting on because he's a narcissist, all the while secretly enjoying the hurt he has inflicted (and plenty in the trial points to this just as much to him being in post traumatic denial), in which case he might enjoy the idea of notoriety.

It will make very little difference to his day to day life. Every member of staff involved with him and every prisoner he is in with will know who he is and what he's done no matter what the judge decides, and i doubt he is too concerned about what will happen to his relatives given he took the stand and said his mother is an alcoholic.
Well put.

I get that his family are also innocent victims here. And lets remember that his mother did the decent thing by pointing the police towards his actions that night.

But surely anyone with half a brain would only offer sympathy towards his family members?
Only the stupid or buckfast tonic fuelled idiots would blame anyone other than HIM?

His family should need no protection - they have done nothing wrong

This is creating law simply because a small fraction of society are too dim to understand this....and in my book that is not a good reason for legislating.

The suggestion that he would revel in the notoriety is probably very close to the only reason that i could think of as a reason to deprive him of this "glory"

Rab macphail may be no scholar or philospher but i think that he summed things up better than anyone else today........from @connor gillies twitter.....

"Alesha’s dad shouts “*advertiser censored**ing ” as the murderer is led away"

She said: “That’s when he was crying. He said to me, ‘I don’t know why this is happening to me, mum. I’m doing really well at school, all my friends, I’m in a relationship, I’m in a happy place at the moment. Why is this happening to me?’

So his mask did slip at least once.

Good grief. Just read the Sun article of his mum. Poor bloody woman. Dad is present in the home and was working away so there goes that aspect ("broken home"). I feel so awful for them all, Alesha's family and his. He does sound from some of what she reports he said like he has an extreme lack of acceptance/insight into his crime, which is perhaps why he seemed so coldly interested in proceedings. What a terrible evil mess.

Good grief. Just read the Sun article of his mum. Poor bloody woman. Dad is present in the home and was working away so there goes that aspect ("broken home"). I feel so awful for them all, Alesha's family and his. He does sound from some of what she reports he said like he has an extreme lack of acceptance/insight into his crime, which is perhaps why he seemed so coldly interested in proceedings. What a terrible evil mess.
Notice how they said 'husband' not 'dad'.

The Sun article finally mentions his dad. He was working away at the time.

She said: “Our lives are completely destroyed. We just couldn’t come back from it. It’s completely obliterated our family. My husband said, ‘Everybody’s going to blame the dad’.

She said: “That’s when he was crying. He said to me, ‘I don’t know why this is happening to me, mum. I’m doing really well at school, all my friends, I’m in a relationship, I’m in a happy place at the moment. Why is this happening to me?’

So his mask did slip at least once.
Wonder if his girlfriend is still standing by him? Would you rather date a cheater or a murderer because by the court finding and his own testimony he's one or the other....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela