UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a loved one of mine committed a terrible, dreadful crime, I honestly don't know what I would feel. I would hate the fact that they were capable of such a thing, for sure, but I don't know, if I were the parent, if I could turn my back on my child. I would hate what they had done, would I hate them? I truly don't have an answer to that one, thank God. My entire sympathies lie with Georgina and to a lesser extent, the father, Rab.
I suppose it's a situation that we wouldn't fully understand unless we had been in the same one.

If a loved one of mine committed a terrible, dreadful crime, I honestly don't know what I would feel. I would hate the fact that they were capable of such a thing, for sure, but I don't know, if I were the parent, if I could turn my back on my child. I would hate what they had done, would I hate them? I truly don't have an answer to that one, thank God. My entire sympathies lie with Georgina and to a lesser extent, the father, Rab.

Why to a lesser extent?,he has lost his baby too.

I don't necessarily think there's any direct link with violent video games and aggression. However a recent report concluded that there is a "consistent relationship between violent video games use....heightened aggression..... prosocial behaviour , empathy and sensitivity to aggression" His mother allegedly said that he was constantly playing on his computer. Maybe the " relationship" part was heightened in this instance or played a part?
The Truth About Violent Video Games and Kids, Part 1

I don't necessarily think there's any direct link with violent video games and aggression. However a recent report concluded that there is a "consistent relationship between violent video games use....heightened aggression..... prosocial behaviour , empathy and sensitivity to aggression" His mother allegedly said that he was constantly playing on his computer. Maybe the " relationship" part was heightened in this instance or played a part?

Don't you think that it's just the fact that these anti-social type kids tend to play video games. I don't think it's the video games themselves. I just think these types of characters prefer to bury themselves in a world of fantasy rather than existing fully in the real world if you get what I mean?

What we do know is AM was unsettled that night. My daughter at that age was a bit like that in new places - even those like my parents where we went a lot. I strongly suspect she was out of bed and this is all wrong place wrong time, sadly.
I agree very much so

Physchopaths have been around far longer than any violent video games have though eh. I don’t think smoking pollen at 14 helps an already wired wrong brain either tbh. Again it’s guess work, he may have always ended up carrying out this crime even if he hadn’t been involved in either.

It’s always worth noting that if he did try and drown another child when he was 6 or 7 he clearly already had issues of some sort at a very early age.

Don't you think that it's just the fact that these anti-social type kids tend to play video games. I don't think it's the video games themselves. I just think these types of characters prefer to bury themselves in a world of fantasy rather than existing fully in the real world if you get what I mean?

Sounds like you are stereotyping. I love video games and I also love the real world and most of it's people. I also love fantasy (Lord of The Rings etc) and I know the difference between Mordor and Sainsbury's.

Yeah I mean is the skinning cats things true? Coz he was described in court as popular and had lots of friends. Oddballs who skin cats alive and bury them in the garden I can’t imagine having many mates to be honest. I dunno if it’s the sun doing what it does best or if it’s actually true

I think as someone else pointed out a few days ago it seemed ‘anything went’ in his
house. Maybe he was the oddball of the island but house parties and drink do attract teenagers, regardless of who’s house it is. He had a YouTube video up of 2 cats, maybe they were his cats and the skinning alive rumour circulated but was never confirmed because his family never let it be known.

Well that TO felt like it lasted a lifetime.

I can’t quite believe all the conspiracy theories surrounding this case, I truly believe they have the one and only person who is responsible for this case behind bars where he belongs.

I am happy youtube removed all his content out of respect to Aleshas family, that was the decent thing to do.

Regarding the mums article in the sun newspaper, I wish she had of picked a more respectable paper to air her views. In that article it mentioned that she ‘emailed him Merry Christmas’. Surely he doesn’t have access to email, maybe it’s generic of course and messages are relayed to the prisoners. Young Offender Institues are lax compared to adult prisons but the thought of him having an Xbox & TV infuriates me, he still enjoys life’s luxuries while poor Alesha was robbed of life.

All IMO, JMO and all that jazz!
Welcome back!

And there's nothing wrong with escaping into a fantasy world. It's the type of fantasy that bothers me - gore and violence at a young age, I also get the impression that his computer time wasn't monitored that closely. I don't know if there is a connection here with AC but I'd be interested to see if anything comes out in reports.

Physchopaths have been around far longer than any violent video games have though eh. I don’t think smoking pollen at 14 helps an already wired wrong brain either tbh. Again it’s guess work, he may have always ended up carrying out this crime even if he hadn’t been involved in either.

It’s always worth noting that if he did try and drown another child when he was 6 or 7 he clearly already had issues of some sort at a very early age.
Brady was reading the Marquis de Sade, and other sadistic authors at AC's age, actively seeking out this type of fantasy. I would like to know what's true re the cat stories and the rest or if it's gossip. Suppose we'll never know and it's back to what someone else said before maybe if it was true was it covered up?

I was thinking Carstairs as well earlier on but I'm not really sure now. I don't know if they would have allowed him to be a witness at his own defence if they had that much doubt to his mental stability. I understand what you're saying about it being clearer after psych evaluation and sentencing, so we'll just have to wait and see but he seems pretty lucid and aware of the morality of things. I also don't think he is a sociopath either though. I'm not sure what's wrong with him.

I think he is mental ill and compartmentalizes almost like a split personality where he can seperate himself from his actions and convince himself that he didn't do anything wrong because it wasn't 'him' at the time

I think he is mental ill and compartmentalizes almost like a split personality where he can seperate himself from his actions and convince himself that he didn't do anything wrong because it wasn't 'him' at the time
Like hes disassociated himself from the whole thing?

Dissociation is very common in mental health terms, more common if the person has been through some kind of trauma themselves.

Sounds like you are stereotyping. I love video games and I also love the real world and most of it's people. I also love fantasy (Lord of The Rings etc) and I know the difference between Mordor and Sainsbury's.
I'm trying not to stereotype and probably failing. I'm stuck between the type of video games, a young age, length of time watching them and a possible vulnerability in the watcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective