GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that A.C. giving Alesha the hoodie does not add up to the forensic evidence

If only that hoodie could talk. The whole finding it in the bin thing and not being fit for any kind of forensic examination thing is also a bit (in)convenient.

I find the part about entering the flat with the knife and then leaving to dump the knife and going back in again quite ridiculous to be honest

I genuinely laughed out loud when i read that, hope that wasn't too insensitive of me.

I don’t think Alesha’s mum is lying about him smiling at them

Neither do i.

The judge called it “a tissue of lies”...
What was it the prosecutor called it again?

Yeah, I see exactly where you're coming from but him lying on the stand/in trial served a purpose. As awful as it may be, he did it in an attempt to shift the blame to someone else and keep his own freedom. The reason I wouldn't necessarily say that counts him as a compulsive liar is that compulsive liars tend to lie even about the most mundane of things and do it with absolute ease. Lying so that you can escape a guilty verdict - as immoral as it may be - is a sort of self-preservation tactic, more so than being an outright pathological liar. But I could be wrong and he could have been a liar all his life. I'm not sure.

Yeah, I see exactly where you're coming from but him lying on the stand/in trial served a purpose. As awful as it may be, he did it in an attempt to shift the blame to someone else and keep his own freedom. The reason I wouldn't necessarily say that counts him as a compulsive liar is that compulsive liars tend to lie even about the most mundane of things and do it with absolute ease. Lying so that you can escape a guilty verdict - as immoral as it may be - is a sort of self-preservation tactic, more so than being an outright pathological liar. But I could be wrong and he could have been a liar all his life. I'm not sure.
He lied to serve a purpose, not because he couldn't help himself. IMO.

<modsnip: rude>

I think he's a pathological liar more so than a compulsive.

He seems to enjoy causing hurt and pain. He did confess but the lack of hoodie fibres has confused people. Perhaps he lied about giving Alesha the hoodie to keep her warm as it’s quite an emotive subject that the child thought she was being looked after, something most people would find heartbreaking when thinking about her last moments. Who knows? From what we’ve heard, he intersperses truth with lies. Only he truly knows what happened that night but I have no doubt of his guilt after the sentencing.

Agreed. It's likely he will alter his statement to cause more pain at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should really take my words in the context of this case. His first statement was lies. His special defence was lies. And now his claim that he gave the hoodie to Alesha does not stand up to the forensic evidence therefore more lies and the story about the knife is ridiculous unless of course he was joking and his laughing his head off in his cell...point is he has lied and lied and lied again even after his conviction

You should really take my words in the context of this case. His first statement was lies. His special defence was lies. And now his claim that he gave the hoodie to Alesha does not stand up to the forensic evidence therefore more lies and the story about the knife is ridiculous unless of course he was joking and his laughing his head off in his cell...point is he has lied and lied and lied again even after his conviction

I get what you're saying but the DNA evidence is still very much against him and he was found to have no mental health issues, so he's not that mentally unstable that he'd pretend to do something like this when he didn't and get sent away for the rest of his life for it. I'm unsure what you think happened then? Do you think he didn't do it?

Feel sadder than ever reading this. Don't think I want to know.
With reference to a previous contributor:
Yeah I am scared to imagine what exactly the judge was referring to when he said that the crimes were worse that he had imagined...it was him pointing to what AC has specifically done to her on the night in great detail....he must have revealed even more to the social worker.”
Yes, up to the sentencing, all we knew was that Alesha had "catastrophic" genital injuries, more severe to that part of her body than the 'pathologist had ever witnessed before' in his years of forensic experience - & at least some of which he concluded were inflicted while she was still alive. She suffered "severe injuries to her private parts & that there were""obliteration" injuries caused by severe force inflicted on her. Her injuries included tears to her private parts, one of which “essentially obliterated” part of her genital area... As a result of the subsequent confession, we then knew this: Campbell’s lawyer, Brian McConnachie QC: ‘The admission at this stage could be seen as a factor that further aggravates matters’ The“crimes could be “even worse than the evidence” heard during the trial.” McConnachie: ‘This is not a simple sentencing. I have never dealt with something of this nature in the past.” (The reason that Campbell was trying hard not to smirk & laugh at his trial was because the experts had failed to identify a particular nasty, despicable aspect of his crime. ie,Campbell had got away with something so vile & horrendous that people hearing details of it have been physically sick). Those that are privy to the confession are under tremendous emotional strain of keeping this private & to themselves. It was agree in court that this “detail will not be read out”. That was because fear of uproar, mayhem & commotion that would undoubtedly ensue. The sentencing hearing would have been adjourned, the court-room cleared, extra security brought in etc, with the police effectively trying to quell a riot. However, the Scottish Government will have to release these details very soon before it leaks out in other media. To not make public this confession would be seen as acting against the public interest & make the Government complicit in covering up a crime & protecting the guilty party. I would imagine that Campbell will be formally charged with this barbaric act but will not face court proceedings for it. Instead, it will remain officially documented & recorded on file, hence ensuring that he will never be released from prison, for this is the most debased, revolting act against a person that is known to humanity, compounded only by a perpetrator carrying it out whilst their victim is still alive. All inmoh...

Eezer I'm genuinely glad to see you back here and value your responses. Just wonder if you've watched Lord Matthews sentencing? Given that he has been granted all the relevant information, reports etc and has vast experience in his field, to me his choice of words, disgusted looks and sentence speaks volumes. Would be interested what you made of the footage, especially the moment when he pauses to allow AC to hear the sobbing his actions caused. Most of us cried too...

The pathologist can verify the truth of Campbell's confession. Up to that point, he had a body with serious injuries but couldn't ascertain / be specific as to what caused some of them – until Campbell's confession. Hence the grief etched into Lord Matthews face, the apology to the court by Dr Macpherson, the consultant forensic clinical psychologist for the pessemistic nature of his report & the subsequent comments made by Campbell's Q.C. Ironically - & as unlikely as it seems - it has been left to Eezer Goode, above, to reveal (sentence 4) what was carried out that night.
Just catching up, so will the full details be made public knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela