UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Alesha's sleepwalking had anything to do with this. I'm not sure how this boy (surprised a 16 year old was described as a man) fits in and how he "got" her, but perhaps he spotted her outside and saw a gruesome opportunity.

One thought that crossed me mind was that perhaps this teenager that has been arrested had some kind of grudge against the poor child's dad and harmed her to get at him.

Have we been able to establish if she lived in the ground floor rooms? It has been really warm and windows would be open all night...

Alesha not raising the alarm makes me think that she may of known the boy..

Wasn't it a third floor flat? I'm sure I read that earlier in the thread. I'll admit to not having looked at the living arrangements or even the property though!

Have we been able to establish if she lived in the ground floor rooms? It has been really warm and windows would be open all night...

One of the early reports said top floor:

Police find the body of missing Rothesay girl on site of old hotel | Daily Mail Online
she was reported missing from their top floor flat at 6.25am

Although it is the Mail, so who knows if they actually checked it... ground floor would make it a whole lot easier for someone to access from outside, that's for sure. Especially in an area like that, people wouldn't think it necessary to keep windows securely shut in this weather.

There have been a fair number of cases involving someone breaking into a house and abducting a child from her bedroom in Toronto.
These are 2 of them.
Murder of Cecilia Zhang - Wikipedia
"According to an agreed statement of facts read out in a Brampton, Ontario courthouse, Chen was failing in his college studies and feared deportation back to his native China. Being a broke visa student, he desperately needed $25,000 to enter into a marriage of convenience as a means of becoming a permanent resident in Canada. Chen entered Zhang's home through a kitchen window and removed her from her home between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM, leaving by a side door. When Cecilia tried to scream, Chen covered her face with a towel and held his hand over her mouth. Cecilia had stopped struggling by the time Chen placed her inside the trunk of his car. When Chen checked on Cecilia later on, he discovered that she had stopped breathing.[4] According to Chen, Cecilia's death was the result of Chen's poorly planned kidnapping and not deliberate."

Four-year-old girl abducted from home, sexually assaulted on Boxing Day morning
"Police are combing Toronto for a young man who entered a North York home early Monday morning, abducted a four-year-old from her bed and sexually assaulted her in a neighbour’s yard.

Between 3 and 3:30 a.m. the parents of the girl “awoke to find that the child was not in her bed,” Detective Constable Roger Villaflor with the Toronto Police sex crimes unit later told reporters at the scene.

The girl’s family members quickly ventured outside of the house, where they spotted the girl across the street in the yard of a neighbour, just as a man was fleeing the scene. The whole episode lasted “minutes,” reported a Toronto Police release."

There have been a fair number of cases involving someone breaking into a house and abducting a child from her bedroom in Toronto.
These are 2 of them.
Murder of Cecilia Zhang - Wikipedia
"According to an agreed statement of facts read out in a Brampton, Ontario courthouse, Chen was failing in his college studies and feared deportation back to his native China. Being a broke visa student, he desperately needed $25,000 to enter into a marriage of convenience as a means of becoming a permanent resident in Canada. Chen entered Zhang's home through a kitchen window and removed her from her home between 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM, leaving by a side door. When Cecilia tried to scream, Chen covered her face with a towel and held his hand over her mouth. Cecilia had stopped struggling by the time Chen placed her inside the trunk of his car. When Chen checked on Cecilia later on, he discovered that she had stopped breathing.[4] According to Chen, Cecilia's death was the result of Chen's poorly planned kidnapping and not deliberate."

Four-year-old girl abducted from home, sexually assaulted on Boxing Day morning
"Police are combing Toronto for a young man who entered a North York home early Monday morning, abducted a four-year-old from her bed and sexually assaulted her in a neighbour’s yard.

Between 3 and 3:30 a.m. the parents of the girl “awoke to find that the child was not in her bed,” Detective Constable Roger Villaflor with the Toronto Police sex crimes unit later told reporters at the scene.

The girl’s family members quickly ventured outside of the house, where they spotted the girl across the street in the yard of a neighbour, just as a man was fleeing the scene. The whole episode lasted “minutes,” reported a Toronto Police release."

I’m sure there are many, many more. Thanks dotr. Horrific.

Alesha MacPhail murder: Bute residents in shock at terrible crime on ‘trusting island’

Referred to earlier in the context of a local councillor saying some people leave their keys in the ignition. The two cars taken by police are believed to belong to family members:

Isle of Bute murder: Male aged under 18 is arrested after girl, 6, found dead

Does anyone know where these cars were ordinarily kept? From photos there appears to be a drive at the rear and side of the house and a small roadway leading other properties to the rear of the house. I would normally expect someone to perhaps hear if a car was being started if they were close to the property (perhaps more so if factoring in a 16 or 17 year old in an unfamiliar car) especially in the early hours of the morning.

I also assume the flats in the property are self-contained (no shared facilities such as kitchens or bathrooms) but is this a known fact? This is pertinent as it potentially narrows down those with reasonable access to a sleeping child in a bedroom (certainly if in an attic, #348 and #349) although it may be a reason why the police asserted locals to be mindful of domestic security. Could the family have left a key in their door? Seems incredulous but I know of a friend's parents who do exactly that.

Also, if he lived in the building his parents may have had a key to the other flat in case of emergency:eek:

I learned after Mariah Woods cod was released that it apparently isn’t hard to make chloroform at home:(

Also, if he lived in the building his parents may have had a key to the other flat in case of emergency:eek:

I learned after Mariah Woods cod was released that it apparently isn’t hard to make chloroform at home:(
You would think that it would be difficult to get in and out of that two bedroom flat with five adults staying in it, without disturbing someone.

You would think that it would be difficult to get in and out of that two bedroom flat with five adults staying in it, without disturbing someone.

I can’t imagine how lightly I’d sleep if I had a family member who was a sleepwalker. Our second child had a penchant for waking up at like 5am and trying to sneak into the kitchen and “get the best cereal first” when she was like 5-6 and I woke up at the drop of a pin after that. Then the third is a sleep talker and she still wakes me up all the time.

***not victim blaming at all, just wondering how this poor child was removed from a home full of people

I can’t imagine how lightly I’d sleep if I had a family member who was a sleepwalker. Our second child had a penchant for waking up at like 5am and trying to sneak into the kitchen and “get the best cereal first” when she was like 5-6 and I woke up at the drop of a pin after that. Then the third is a sleep talker and she still wakes me up all the time.

***not victim blaming at all, just wondering how this poor child was removed from a home full of people
BBM.And by any accounts five adults and one child in a two bedder, would be sleeping close to each other.

This statement strikes me as odd:

Local councilor (sic) Len Scoullar said: “The community is very dismayed and disappointed that such a thing could happen here. We don’t have crime rates that include things like child abuse and murder.”

Alesha MacPhail: Scottish island on 'lockdown' as police question teenage murder suspect

'Dismayed and disappointed' seems rather an understatement and has the spectre of child abuse actually been mentioned by the Police in this particular case? I understand that there is liaison with 'other agencies' but this does stand out.

As for no child abuse on Bute, there is evidence to the contrary:

McGarrigle duo's depraved history

Ballet dancer grooms girl, 14, for sex acts on webcam

Wondering if the cat was used somehow to lure Alesha?
The thing about cat fur is that it is practically impossible to remove all of it...
imo, speculation.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6698334/alesha-macphail-murder-man-arrested-bute/
Forensic officers remove a cat from the home

good thought. If Alesha DID sleepwalk or just wander out when no one noticed, then there could be a parallel with the Alana Gallagher case in Texas a few years ago, in which
A 17 year old enticed a 7 year old girl with puppies in his house. I hope this isn’t as horrible a case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck