UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -teen arrested

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During a brief appearance the boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, made no plea or declaration and was remanded in custody.

He is expected to return to court next week.

Boy charged with Alesha's rape and murder
No plea or declaration require on first appearance in Scotland. Would of only had to say that his name was correct.

And as feared, it had the capacity to get worse.

The question is one of access to an assumed sleeping child. Was the individual charged staying in the flat/sleeping over or did he gain access by stealth? Was people coming and going from the flat at all hours typical?

Losing her precious life awful enough but to know the utter terror she went through is just too awful for words. How will her family ever get through this. My thoughts are with all those affected by this vile, disgusting crime, including strangers, and before I get the ' innocent until proven guilty' comments, someone did it. I almost don't want any more details, including the trial . Doubt there will be one, how can he dispute DNA eevidence.

And as feared, it had the capacity to get worse.

The question is one of access to an assumed sleeping child. Was the individual charged staying in the flat/sleeping over or did he gain access by stealth? Was people coming and going from the flat at all hours typical?
Its been very hot here in scotland.. was a bedroom window left open?

For all we know there could be many mitigating factors in this case, perhaps the suspect was raped himself as a child so sees this behaviour as "normal".

Very long document here but this section gives info re criminal charges when the person is 16

16 and 17 year olds who become involved in offending behaviour can be dealt with in the Children’s Hearing System or the adult criminal justice system depending on whether or not the young person is subject to a compulsory supervision order (CSO).
If a young person is not subject to a CSO and they are charged with a crime after their 16th birthday, the Sheriff can request advice from the Children’s Hearing System regarding the most appropriate disposal for the young person and if minded to do so, can remit the young person to the Children’s Hearing System for disposal of the case.
In these circumstances the young person will likely be placed on a CSO to support their wellbeing needs.
TheSheriff can however choose to deal with the young person in the adult Criminal JusticeSystem. (

http://www.parliament.scot/Research..._and_the_Scottish_Criminal_Justice_System.pdf

Locals, is there any chance he will be tried as an adult? In the USA, this can happen for particularly heinous crimes.
Not very likely
Its been very hot here in scotland.. was a bedroom window left open?
I'd say it is very likely they were open but not likely to be a factor in her removal from the flat. Even if the doors at the base & the top of the stair tower were locked from the inside I'd put money on it that that is how he got her out. Getting a six year old out alive or dead through the attic windows would be some feat.
Plus to people elsewhere important to note that it isn't a given that the doors were locked. Some islanders don't always lock up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopy22192