GUILTY UK - Alex Rodda, 15, murdered, Cheshire village, Ashley,13 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ah sorry OK, I assumed you meant racist hate not homophobic, I did wonder if the accused may have engaged in a sexual or emotional relationship with Alex, but then either because of the risk of being outed or as you said sense of loathing against himself, killed Alex:( Very sad, from the reports he seemed a sweet boy.

Ah sorry OK, I assumed you meant racist hate not homophobic, I did wonder if the accused may have engaged in a sexual or emotional relationship with Alex, but then either because of the risk of being outed or as you said sense of loathing against himself, killed Alex:( Very sad, from the reports he seemed a sweet boy.

Why hasn't this gone to trial yet? Is it also quite commonplace to not have the cause of the death revealed? Nowhere says what the cause of death was. Seems odd..
Thanks for bumping this.
___

The trial has now been adjourned for the second time – this time due to Mason having to self-isolate after coming in close contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid-19.

The trial is now set to begin in December.

Alex Rodda murder trial postponed for second time to due coronavirus

Any thoughts on why the cause of death is not yet known? I wonder what happened with in this case..
I think it's fairly normal in the UK to not know the cause of death until trial. It just depends, obviously if witnesses talk to the press and say it was a shooting or a stabbing we'll have an idea. Other times I think it sometimes gets mentioned at pre-trial hearings, if not you just have to wait until trial.

I think it's fairly normal in the UK to not know the cause of death until trial. It just depends, obviously if witnesses talk to the press and say it was a shooting or a stabbing we'll have an idea. Other times I think it sometimes gets mentioned at pre-trial hearings, if not you just have to wait until trial.
I believe that he was stabbed

A man bludgeoned a 15-year-old to death after paying more than £2,000 to stop him reporting their "intimate sexual relationship", a court has heard.

Prosecutor Ian Unsworth QC told Chester Crown Court Matthew Mason had beaten Alex Rodda with a wrench in woods in Ashley, Cheshire, on 12 December 2019.

He said the 19-year-old took Alex there "on the pretence of sexual activity and then murdered him in cold blood".

Mr Mason, of Ash Lane, Ollerton, denies murder.

Alex Rodda death: Man 'murdered schoolboy over sex blackmail'

today is the prosecutions opening address

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8