UK UK - Alistair Wilson, 30, murdered at home, Nairn, Scotland, 28 Nov 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"At least 11,00 people interviewed!
March '22

He wasn't no. Not as far as I am aware anyway. He left the armed forces long before. It was his father Eddie, that gave him the bullets to the guns and he too got 4 years in Jail. His father was an ex police officer.

The police didn't seem to be interested in him as a suspect when journalists I know spoke about him possibly being involved. More recently the police are convincing themselves it was more local and to do with the decking row over the road. I tend to disagree with their new theory, but I've been wrong before.
Well that makes no sense! Michael Ross was still serving when arrested in 2008 surely? Hence why he had an arsenal of weaponry in his car and made a bid for freedom from the dock? Yes, I'm aware of the Ross senior case.

Last edited:
Blackwatch based in Fort George, Inverness. Prety close (as someone pointed out earlier in this thread - sorry forget who that was!).
It's definitely a real possibility that can't be overlooked. It's interesting that there is an Army Barracks so nearby

This thread is an abomination of rumors/hearsay, bickering, no links ... all violations of Websleuths Terms of Service. This resulted in a time consuming review and thread cleanup of approximately 60 posts.

Argumentative, antagonistic, personalizing, inflammatory posts gets removed, along with all responses emanating from them.

As I type this message, there are close to 900 guests reading here, not to mention hundreds of members. They do not come to Websleuths to watch bruised egos bicker and take potshots at one another. They come to read about the victims, the facts of the case and respectful theories and opinions based on those facts. If you disagree with someone, do it with courtesy and just scroll and roll without all the snark, etc. .. or do NOT respond and use the handy Report feature to let Mods know there is a problem so we can nip things in the bud.

The only WS members allowed to state information as fact without providing a link to the source are Verified Insiders. No regular member is allowed to state information as fact without providing links to an approved source (MSM, LE, or other WS approved sources). If it is fact it needs a link. If it is only your opinion, you need to make that clear.

NO LINK, NO POST

Back door, front door, down the chimney ... doesn’t matter. If you are going to state information as fact you must provide a link, otherwise such posts are considered rumor or hearsay and such posts get removed.

NO LINK, NO POST

Also, saying to the effect “I read it somewhere” or “I’ll find it later” is not allowed. Before you make a post stating information as fact, make sure you already have the link to support the fact, and include it in your post BEFORE you make the post. Otherwise, we end up pages and pages later with all the “oh, might have been blah blah” or “so-and-so said”, and sometimes even end up with “oh, it was in the comments on such-and-such page”. If it isn’t attributed to an approved source and linked, it is not allowed.

NO LINK, NO POST !!

Baiting is not allowed, so don’t bother with the “I know stuff that I’m not gonna tell”. It’s attention seeking and immature. If you can’t link it, you can’t post it.

Screenshots without links to an approved source are not allowed.

NO LINK, NO POST !!

Oh, and we need to remind that outing other Websleuths members results in a lifetime ban from Websleuths?

This thread will reopen sometime tomorrow after members have had a chance to read the above.

Cops investigating murder of Alistair Wilson on doorstep interview new witness

The man, in his 50s, was questioned by detectives as a key witness in the case which has stumped police for 18 years.

The Daily Record understands the man, who is local to the area and whom we are not naming, was quizzed over his movements in the days before 30-year-old Alistair was gunned down at his front door in Nairn in the Highlands in 2004.

Cops investigating murder of Alistair Wilson on doorstep interview new witness

The man, in his 50s, was questioned by detectives as a key witness in the case which has stumped police for 18 years.

The Daily Record understands the man, who is local to the area and whom we are not naming, was quizzed over his movements in the days before 30-year-old Alistair was gunned down at his front door in Nairn in the Highlands in 2004.

Interesting and the newspaper clearly knows the name of the individual concerned.

'Key witness' as in someone that might be able to add more to the investigation. I am assuming it's not a suspect or person of interest.

'Key witness' as in someone that might be able to add more to the investigation. I am assuming it's not a suspect or person of interest.
The page seems to have disappeared but it was a person of interest and apparently had been for several years.

And it's not the landlord again then? Interesting.

The source said: “There have been some things the squad has discovered that makes him of interest.

A senior police source said the man has been of interest to detectives for several years and, following new information, they took him in “for a chat.”

“He wasn’t interviewed at the time of the unsolved murder but his name has come up often in the new investigation.” The source said Police Scotland are determined to find the killer of the dad of two.

He added: “At one time this was Scotland’s biggest murder hunt. The force has had successes with decades-old murders and are determined to get a result on this one. Why Alistair was murdered has always been a source of great frustration.”

The source said: “There have been some things the squad has discovered that makes him of interest.

A senior police source said the man has been of interest to detectives for several years and, following new information, they took him in “for a chat.”

“He wasn’t interviewed at the time of the unsolved murder but his name has come up often in the new investigation.” The source said Police Scotland are determined to find the killer of the dad of two.

He added: “At one time this was Scotland’s biggest murder hunt. The force has had successes with decades-old murders and are determined to get a result on this one. Why Alistair was murdered has always been a source of great frustration.”

Quite an oddly worded article. Starts off as a witness, becomes a person of interest and gets taken in for a "chat'.

Depends who these media sources are to be honest. As some amateurs with criminology degrees are claiming they are 'forensic experts in cold case psychology' and giving interviews to the media! Makes you question what you read in MSM!

OK.. this article says police source, but I have seen other 'experts' being quoted who really aren't, but sounds good in the press!! Anyhow, be interesting if anything comes from the police 'chat'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ademith83
Back