UK UK - Alistair Wilson, 30, murdered at home, Nairn, Scotland, 28 Nov 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Blekesley is back in Nairn. Does he know something we don't?!? I'm sure he knows plenty! But, what I mean is, is something happening? Is he waiting for another press release, an official update, some new news???
Is there anywhere to get updates from Blekesley?

It aurley must be more than a coincidence that PB visited Nairn when the case seems to be really hotting up again , makes me think IMO an arrest could be made soon , maybe just wishful thinking on my part

Last edited:
He's clearly named in the Record as "Andy Burnett".
Yep but is it definite the latest pulled article was referring to him? It mentioned a local man in his fifties. Burnett lives in Canada and was interviewed but not pulled in for a "chat". Not ruling him out but my initial impression was that it was someone different.

From the Daily Record

“He told him of pressures he had been under running the bar and restaurant”

Bleksley said Mr Burnett had admitted he had problems with the planning application.

The former officer turned author and C4 Hunted host said: “He hadn’t taken into account that the hotel was a listed building. He admitted he paid too much for the Havelock.

“He told me that he was going to sell up and move to Canada.”

That’s new info re the hotel ?

From the Daily Record

“He told him of pressures he had been under running the bar and restaurant”

Bleksley said Mr Burnett had admitted he had problems with the planning application.

The former officer turned author and C4 Hunted host said: “He hadn’t taken into account that the hotel was a listed building. He admitted he paid too much for the Havelock.

“He told me that he was going to sell up and move to Canada.”

That’s new info re the hotel ?
Looks like he may have been under financial pressure?

The pulled article says the man 'is local to the area" not 'was", which I take to mean he still lives locally rather than being someone who lived there once and moved away.

The pulled article says the man 'is local to the area" not 'was", which I take to mean he still lives locally rather than being someone who lived there once and moved away.
I doubt that the murderer is still living locally, because if he were there's a good chance that he could be seen and recognised by Veronica; Nairn is not a very large town, after all. If he lived in Nairn at the time of the murder it would be expedient for him to have moved out of the area.

I doubt that the murderer is still living locally, because if he were there's a good chance that he could be seen and recognised by Veronica; Nairn is not a very large town, after all. If he lived in Nairn at the time of the murder it would be expedient for him to have moved out of the area.
That was my first thought too. However that's what the Daily Record said. I suppose its possible this person may be suspected of being involved but not necessarily the person who was on the doorstep.

That was my first thought too. However that's what the Daily Record said. I suppose its possible this person may be suspected of being involved but not necessarily the person who was on the doorstep.
The Record story is a bit of a dog's dinner. It says the man was "formally interviewed" but then talks of "a chat". It can't have been both. I've extracted a section from the story and highlighted what I think are the significant parts.

Cops investigating the murder of banker Alistair Wilson have formally interviewed a man in connection with the doorstep shooting.

The man, in his 50s, was questioned by detectives as a key witness in the case which has stumped police for 18 years.

The Daily Record understands the man, who is local to the area and whom we are not naming, was quizzed over his movements in the days before 30-year-old Alistair was gunned down at his front door in Nairn in the Highlands in 2004.

A senior police source said the man has been of interest to detectives for several years and, following new information, they took him in “for a chat.”

The source said: “There have been some things the squad has discovered that makes him of interest.

“He wasn’t interviewed at the time of the unsolved murder but his name has come up often in the new investigation.”

Certainly the tenor of the story suggests that the man, while not the man at the front door, is possibly somehow involved in the events leading up to the murder.

source: Cops investigating murder of Alistair Wilson on doorstep interview new witness

I thought they'd interviewed so many local men that there'd be very few left...not sure what local to means here...I think they're trying to have it both ways .on one hand making sure you know its to be taken seriously while not wanting to commit themselves too much...they also say. that he's been of interest. for several years...perhaps they dont mean in connection with this case...maybe some financial matter, but lacking evidence...maybe whatever they suspect him of, they haven't thought it a good idea to bring him in earlier because he's someone you'd. expect to have a. sharp. lawyer

Last edited:
The Record story is a bit of a dog's dinner. It says the man was "formally interviewed" but then talks of "a chat". It can't have been both. I've extracted a section from the story and highlighted what I think are the significant parts.

Cops investigating the murder of banker Alistair Wilson have formally interviewed a man in connection with the doorstep shooting.

The man, in his 50s, was questioned by detectives as a key witness in the case which has stumped police for 18 years.

The Daily Record understands the man, who is local to the area and whom we are not naming, was quizzed over his movements in the days before 30-year-old Alistair was gunned down at his front door in Nairn in the Highlands in 2004.

A senior police source said the man has been of interest to detectives for several years and, following new information, they took him in “for a chat.”

The source said: “There have been some things the squad has discovered that makes him of interest.

“He wasn’t interviewed at the time of the unsolved murder but his name has come up often in the new investigation.”

Certainly the tenor of the story suggests that the man, while not the man at the front door, is possibly somehow involved in the events leading up to the murder.

source: Cops investigating murder of Alistair Wilson on doorstep interview new witness
Yes I noted before the article is a bit of a mess to put it mildly. It veers between witness, person of interest, formal interviews and chats. Given the other recent articles it has published and the current public appeals the police are making I'm still at a loss to understand why this one article was removed so quickly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy
Back