UK and Eire Forum

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would very much appreciate a separate section for British Isles cases.

Jack the Ripper was definitely the first English case to catch my eye - long, long ago!

Goodness, you must be a lot older than I imagined :innocent:

Another vote for the UK forum. Its great to see who the other Brits on here are! :seeya:

Sadly when Tia Sharp went missing we got lots of new members from the UK.

A UK and Eire section would be an invaluable addition to Websleuths. Count me in. :)

I think it's a good idea. I often read the US cases but tend not to post very often but usually feel more inclined to on the UK ones but they do sometimes get overlooked.

I love posting UK topics but sometimes find myself having to take the lead when I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about - geographically or regionally, for example. So any increase in UK participation is a great thing as far as I am concerned.

Chiming in too with a yes for UK/Eire forum. Love seeing posters from all over the world already, and would love to see more. Having a designated forum would make it much easier for folks to find cases close to where they live, and get cases the attention they deserve!

In fact, I notice we also have a sizable Aussie and NZ contingent, perhaps a forum for Aus/NZ cases might be a good idea as well?

Hello all :wave:. I'm Irish and new to Websleuths, having come across the site during the Jill Meagher case. I am still lurking while I get a feel for the place but I love the concept and it seems like a great community.

I think a local subforum would be a great idea, on a slightly pedantic note I would probably prefer UK and 'Ireland' rather than 'Eire' as the former tends to be what we use when referring to ourselves - but that could be just me :wink:.

Looking forward to dipping my toes in and getting to know everybody!

Hello Space, and welcome to posting here at WS.

So noted about Éire and I'm sure Ireland will be fine with Fluttershy, the thread-starter, if indeed we get a forum.

I think some of us tend to use "Éire" as it's written on the coinage.

Hello Space, and welcome to posting here at WS.

So noted about Éire and I'm sure Ireland will be fine with Fluttershy, the thread-starter, if indeed we get a forum.

I think some of us tend to use "Éire" as it's written on the coinage.

I've got one of me funny feelings (LOL) that it could very well happen!

Hello all :wave:. I'm Irish and new to Websleuths, having come across the site during the Jill Meagher case. I am still lurking while I get a feel for the place but I love the concept and it seems like a great community.

I think a local subforum would be a great idea, on a slightly pedantic note I would probably prefer UK and 'Ireland' rather than 'Eire' as the former tends to be what we use when referring to ourselves - but that could be just me :wink:.

Looking forward to dipping my toes in and getting to know everybody!

:welcome:

I can't say we here in the States are the sharpest darts in the board when it comes to geography.

Once when I sold on eBay, a guy in Belfast bid on and won a '60s record album I'd listed.

So I pack the thing carefully and go up to the post office. "I'd like to send this to Northern Ireland, please."

Clerk: silence. Then: "Northern Ireland?"

"Yes. It's - in the north. Belfast. Six counties. Not the Republic. Dublin would be in the Republic. That's the bigger part."

Clerk: silence.

Record did finally make it to Belfast though.

LOL.

I do think the internet is helping out with geography though as our kids are making friends throughout the world.

When I lived in West Texas a young girl told me I spoke very good english. My sarky husband told her, "We should. We invented the language!"

This one isn't necessarily UK-specific as in a larger sense it's a thread for remembering all veterans who served, no matter the war - Veterans Day, we in the States now call it; but its title and its use by posters last year certainly centered around the First World War and its armistice.

One week till Armistice Day.

Armistice Day: 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month

I love posting UK topics but sometimes find myself having to take the lead when I don't really know what the hell I'm talking about - geographically or regionally, for example. So any increase in UK participation is a great thing as far as I am concerned.

Hi, I may have missed it, but is there a thread for missing, Aoife Phelan, 30, of Portlaoise, Co Laois?

Published on Sunday 4 November 2012 12:17
Hundreds of people have gathered this morning in Ballyroan and Portlaoise to search for missing woman, Aoife Phelan.
The Ballyroan woman has now been missing for over a week. She was was last seen on Thursday, October 25, after spending time at a friend’s house in the Colliers View estate in Portlaoise.

Searches, to date, in and around Portlaoise and Mountmellick, have yielded nothing, while an examination of her phone records, bank account and Facebook account show no activity since last Thursday night week.

During the week, Garda Superintendent, Yvonne Lundon, appealed again to the public for more any information in relation to the missing woman who understood to be pregnant.

Aoife Phelan is described as being approximately 5’7’’ in height, slim build, has long blonde/sandy coloured hair and blue eyes. When last seen she was wearing jeans and a knitted jumper. She also has a red bomber style jacket with her.

Anyone who can assist in locating Aoife is asked to contact Portlaoise Garda Station on 057-8674100, The Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station
http://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/local/searches-underway-for-aoife-phelan-1-4442282
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...52/Aoife-cops-We-fear-for-lost-mum-to-be.html
PRESS-620_1611350a.jpg

678305294.jpg

Chiming in too with a yes for UK/Eire forum. Love seeing posters from all over the world already, and would love to see more. Having a designated forum would make it much easier for folks to find cases close to where they live, and get cases the attention they deserve!

In fact, I notice we also have a sizable Aussie and NZ contingent, perhaps a forum for Aus/NZ cases might be a good idea as well?

A lot of the posters on UK and Irish cases are Aussies and Kiwis anyway. Maybe a forum with sub-forums - is that how it works?

UK-Ireland-Australia- New Zealand. Admin know best I guess but it would be great to be able to go straight to an area where all those cases were listed.

Am thinking there is a bit of 'cross-pollination' too, historically young Aussies and Kiwis have done the working holiday to the UK, and vice versa, so there will be cases (such as Jill Meagher RIP, Melbourne, Australia, who was an ex-pat Irish girl).
Cathering Gowing, Irish vet, missing in Wales,.

The Peter Falconio case, went missing believed murdered abt 14/7/01 in Northern Territory, Australia, Bradley John Murdoch serving life imprisonment . Peter was from West YKS, was out in Oz with girlfriend Joanne Lees on working holiday. I believe Murdoch's legal team are preparing another appeal.

And of course the terrible backpacker murders in NSW, for which Milat is serving life at Goulburn supermax. His victims were from UK and Europe, all young and on working holidays in Oz.:twocents:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamiestews06
Back