UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sep 2007 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Another Possible Photo I Found Of Andrew The Photo was taken on the 14th september 2007 at St. Pauls Cathedral

Attachments

• kofe.png
    kofe.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 93
Hair is probably too short though and too black you can see clear glasses on them though. I highly doubt it though

Incidentally, Andrew stopped going to church several months before he disappeared and on the same day Andrew went missing, this priest was supposed to be coming around his family's house for dinner.

One strange thing: This priest had a key to the Gosden's house.....you have to ask yourself why.

I do wonder if some form inappropriate behaviour had occurred at some point and Andrew felt unable to tell his parents.

Something doesn't add up.

I have always wondered if this was the case. I find it very strange that the priest had a key.
I so wish this case could be solved. I still don't think Andrew is alive.

Last edited:
I've enhanced the exposure in that photo, and I have to say, I don't think it's Andrew.

The person (man, could even be a woman?) in this photo is heavier, the face is chubbier, and the texture of the hair is more coarse.

Attachments

• Image_1640803508.jpg
    Image_1640803508.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 68
It is certainly worth looking at the squat party which happened at Elephant and Castle on the same day or a couple of days after Andrew went missing. Mystery Jets and The Metros play illegal squat party
The other thing is that as well as the lad who looks rather like Andrew in my opinion if you pan into the photo in the article you will see that some of the lads look really young. The lad in the front of the photo drinking a bottle of something looks to be around the same age as Andrew.

I don't think they wish to pursue this line of enquiry any further as got this back from the admin of the missing page. We know that you mean well but ask you to understand that during the 14 years Andrew has been missing every conceivable gig/location that Andrew might have attended on September 14, 2007 (or near that day) has been looked into as far as possible. The reality is that unless someone comes forward with actual specific evidence about Andrew or what happened to him that day in London there is a limit as to how far things can progress.

So, I'm presuming this gig was looked into then....?

And I think a photo would be considered 'actual specific evidence'.
Obviously they don't......either that or they don't think it's Andrew in the gig photo.

To be honest, I find their message a bit....harsh? Patronising?

It starts "We know you mean well....."

Fine, then. People are using their own time to sleuth this case and help, and it just seems a bit ungrateful. I don't know.

Maybe they've lost hope. Maybe they feel guilty.

*sigh* :(:(:(

Are you from the UK?
I am not, but I think this could be cultural. Imagine it being said in a kind voice, "We know you mean well. But..."

(I'm American, but I have German relatives. They come across to me as full-on hurtful sometimes, but they think they're fine. :D LOL. And so I've learned there are major cultural differences in how people talk to each other and they just honestly don't see they're going to come across as too harsh to someone from another country or culture.)

Ye
Are you from the UK?
I am not, but I think this could be cultural. Imagine it being said in a kind voice, "We know you mean well. But..."

(I'm American, but I have German relatives. They come across to me as full-on hurtful sometimes, but they think they're fine. :D LOL. And so I've learned there are major cultural differences in how people talk to each other and they just honestly don't see they're going to come across as too harsh to someone from another country or culture.)

Yeh, I'm in the UK.

When people say "We know you mean well, but..." it's generally an indication that they just don't want to know and want to be left alone.

Are you from the UK?

I am from the UK and have joined a few other missing peoples groups including missing Georgina Gharsallah one. If I have anything of interest I usually go to the group admin as they have set up the group specifically.

It appears from the admin of Andrew's group that they would prefer for people not to contact them directly.

A friend of mine just receive a response saying as follows:-
"Whilst we are thankful for messages with information or potential leads, we do ask that these are submitted direct to South Yorkshire police or via missing people or Crimestoppers. We get so many ourselves that flood our message boxes. People also tend to forget that we also have to try and lead a normal life, particularly K and his family. Whilst keeping the search for Andrew or information we have about him active we have been doing this for a few years now".

Here are some links if people need to use them.
Home - SYP
https://crimestoppers-uk.org/
Home - Missing People
https://enigmamissingpeople.square....JIxHKgy8fZ-fSPEfv9UycYhMN4FJTflNh1_06gsObrir8

This is a bit of an obsession on internet groups talking about Andrew. There is absolutely zero evidence that he would have been remotely interested in this gig; wearing a Slipknot t-shirt doesn’t extrapolate to liking a completely different random band.

I agree. His music tastes are all very mainstream and scream this is a person who's only just starting to get into this type of music via the likes of Kerrang TV etc. Sikth weren't anywhere near as well known as the other bands he liked so there's a huge chance he had no idea who they were, never mind making a trip down to London to see them.

The Sikth gig theory is not new, it has been discussed to death over the years. It is one of the most popular theories online, but there is no evidence that Andrew was going there, or if he even knew about the band.

Something small to ponder that I haven’t seen mentioned before- when Andrew bought the one-way ticket to Kings Cross, the ticket seller offered a round trip ticket and Andrew declined. Perhaps due to being hard of hearing, he didn’t hear her properly or at all? I’ve always thought him declining a return ticket for a small fee was an indication that he didn’t intend on returning, but it may just be a red herring.

Something small to ponder that I haven’t seen mentioned before- when Andrew bought the one-way ticket to Kings Cross, the ticket seller offered a round trip ticket and Andrew declined. Perhaps due to being hard of hearing, he didn’t hear her properly or at all? I’ve always thought him declining a return ticket for a small fee was an indication that he didn’t intend on returning, but it may just be a red herring.
His family have often quoted in media links that it was just a thing they sometimes did buy one way tickets. Maybe they found other forms of transport home like the long coach journey. It doesn't really make much sense to me as prices are not much different for a return ticket.

His family have often quoted in media links that it was just a thing they sometimes did buy one way tickets. Maybe they found other forms of transport home like the long coach journey. It doesn't really make much sense to me as prices are not much different for a return ticket.

Do you by any chance have a source for his parents saying it wasn’t uncommon for them to buy one way tickets? If we can verify that for a fact, then I cross that off of my list of things that point to him not intending to return.

Do you by any chance have a source for his parents saying it wasn’t uncommon for them to buy one way tickets? If we can verify that for a fact, then I cross that off of my list of things that point to him not intending to return.
Yes sure, it says in a few articles and on here. Disappearance of Andrew Gosden - Wikipedia
Gosden's father later stated that the purchase of a single ticket rather than a return did not seem strange to him as Gosden knew numerous people in London with whom he could have stayed. Initial searches in London focused on the Chislehurst and Sidcup areas, where the Gosden family have relatives.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kooger12
Back