UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few posts back I clarified this because I was also confused. This was found on the BBC website:

Andrew Gosden: The boy who disappeared

"Since Andrew's disappearance there have been dozens of unconfirmed sightings from across the UK.
The family believe the most plausible place him at Pizza Hut on Oxford Street on the day he went missing and later in Covent Garden."

Thanks for that. I have read that too, I believe it’s referenced on the Wikipedia page, I am after a specific time for both sightings. That is as specific as I have found. Nothing says that he was at Pizza Hut at 12 yet this is often believed to be the time. Also ‘Later’ is a pretty big time window for the Covent Garden sighting.

Last edited:
Does the bald man look like they are wearing a stab vest or a gilet to you? If I was able to get down to Trafalgar Square I would measure the balustrade to get an indication of the heights of the people in the photo.

Yes I see what you mean. I would say a gilet with a logo. It could be Berghaus?

Yes I see what you mean. I would say a gilet with a logo. It could be Berghaus?
That’s a good call. It could be a Berghaus. IIRC it was a fairly pleasant day, a lot of people in the photo - including Andrew are in T Shirts - but some people feel the cold more than others so that probably doesn’t mean much and it probably is a gilet.

Do any of you remember being at King Cross on September 14, 2007 and recognize yourself in these images? Or can you see in them a friend or relative who can remember something and has not declared?

Any information, communicate:
Police: 101
Missing People Organization: Phone 116 000 - Mail 116000@missingpeople.org.uk
CrimeStoppers: 0800 555 111
Click on the image to enlarge it. I'm new to this forum, so I don't know how to post some things. Sorry

JqCKj4W.png

I don’t necessarily agree he was groomed let alone by someone he met at the G&T but would someone with the attributes you describe possibly wear an outfit like the man on the right in this photo:?

imgur.com

[image taken the evening of 14/09/07 in Trafalgar Square - 45 minutes walk from King’s Cross]

The child on the left has a long forearm. The man, who is bent and leaning on the ballustrade, seems to have short forearms. Also his arm from elbow to shoulder looks very short. I wonder if he isn't a very tall man?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do any of you remember being at King Cross on September 14, 2007 and recognize yourself in these images? Or can you see in them a friend or relative who can remember something and has not declared?

Any information, communicate:
Police: 101
Missing People Organization: Phone 116 000 - Mail 116000@missingpeople.org.uk
CrimeStoppers: 0800 555 111
Click on the image to enlarge it. I'm new to this forum, so I don't know how to post some things. Sorry

JqCKj4W.png

When I clicked on the lower photo I noticed straight away his forearm is long - same as I noticed in the Trafalgar Square potential sighting photo

That's from the CCTV footage in King Cross, when Andrew gets off the train. There are still appeals for those who appear with him in the image to introduce themselves and maybe someone can remember something.

2017 rbbm.
Mystery of lad who got on a train in 2007 and hasn't been seen since

The last footage of Andrew was captured on CCTV in King's Cross train station. He was carrying a bag and wearing a Slipknot T-shirtCredit:

''There were unconfirmed sightings of Andrew on the day he went missing at a Pizza Hut on Oxford Street and later in Covent Garden.''

“A behavioural investigative analyst has also been consulted to try to shed light on Andrew’s reasons for leaving home and to discover any new possibilities of people or places he may have gone to.”
''Mick Neville, who retired earlier this year as head of the Metropolitan Police’s Central Images Unit, believes it is possible Andrew travelled to London to watch a band.

He said: “On the evening of September 14, Sikth, a rock group who have links to Slipknot, played at the Islington Academy, a walk from King’s Cross.

“There is a canal nearby. It is unclear whether this was ever dredged or checked. Likewise, another rock band, 30 Seconds to Mars, were at the Brixton Academy on the same evening.”
''The former detective chief inspector appealed for anyone at the gigs who took photos or video to come forward so “super recognisers”, who are skilled at spotting people in crowds, can scan them.''

''Neville is also struck by the similarity between the case of Andrew and that of 16-year-old Alex Sloley, who disappeared in July 2008 — ten months after Andrew.

Alex was also a bright maths student studying accountancy. His family come from Islington, North London, around two miles from King’s Cross, although he had gone to stay with friends further north, in Edmonton, when he vanished.

Mr Neville said of the missing boys: “It raises the question on whether there is a serial killer on the prowl?

“We can only hope Andrew and Alex are still alive. But the potential links between these cases need to be recognised.”

Ws thread..
UK - UK - Alexander Sloley, 16, Enfield, London, 2 Aug 2008

Poor Alex - so much interest in Andrew’s case (as of course there should be) and barely anyone has heard of him.

Poor Alex - so much interest in Andrew’s case (as of course there should be) and barely anyone has heard of him.

I agree, but I think most cases of missing teenagers are treated like Alex's, which is unfortunate (ETA: not just unfortunate but tragic.)

Part of the reason Andrew's has more attention is his younger age, innocent appearance, and especially the mystery and questions.

What do we say we all follow Alex's case here, as well, and if there are any locals, please post signs in the area for Alex or if you're in the UK, post about him on your social media, too.

Last edited:
I agree, but I think most cases of missing teenagers are treated like Alex's, which is unfortunate.

Part of the reason Andrew's has more attention is his younger age, innocent appearance, and especially the mystery and questions.

What do we say we all follow Alex's case here, as well, and if there are any locals, please post signs in the area for Alex or if you're in the UK, post about him on your social media, too.

I wrote the Wikipedia entry for Alex. It took three goes to get it accepted as there was so little info on him. I think one of the reasons I could get it to be deemed to be ‘notable’ was his extremely tenuous connection to Andrew (which amounts to little more than the potential connection being mentioned by an ex police officer trying to plug his new business in a tabloid newspaper). This is of course a terribly sad situation.

Can Alex's photo with his age progression be added to the Wikipedia article? I don't know how the situation is regarding the issue of the images on the page.

Can Alex's photo with his age progression be added to the Wikipedia article? I don't know how the situation is regarding the issue of the images on the page.
I have tried to add inages to that page and Andrew’s. You need to get an image that has permission to be used on the page. I have asked Missing People for permission to use their images a few times but this didn’t seem to be a priority for them. If you post an image without permission it is likely to be deleted as Wikipedia is ‘not there to help find missing people’ as some Wikipedia admins have told me many times. (Sorry if this is getting a bit off topic)

Last edited:
It is paradoxical because I have seen articles by actors and singers with very little information and others even with poor quality photos, and they still leave them. Wikipedia and its strange logic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties