UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think the fact he didnt ask for a return ticket could also be a significant clue. If he was meeting up with someone not buying a return ticket could suggest he believed hed be taken home by this person which means he was meeting up with an adult.

Agreed. I imagine the police have checked the whereabouts of all adults with access to Andrew: teachers, priests etc to check where they were.

When searching "Andrew Gosden" on YouTube, I came across an episode of BBC's Missing from 2011. The episode includes a little bit more CCTV footage of Andrew, just after he had exited the train and before he left the station in Kings Cross. It doesn't show anything much but I just found it interesting as the only CCTV footage I've seen is of Andrew leaving the station. If anyone's interested in viewing the CCTV, it starts at 3:48 and is only a few seconds long. Just from these extra bits of footage, Andrew just doesn't look like he's running away. My personal feeling is that he was meeting up with someone he knew or had come into contact with sometime before his disappearance and they had persuaded him to meet them in London and maybe go to museums (as Andrew enjoyed visiting them) or something and had told him that they'd drop him off home before his parents got back. OR maybe he just decided that he didn't want to go to school and had decided to go on some sort of adventure and met with foul play. The first theory just seems to fit more than the other.

Here's a link to the video for anyone that's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPR6kB3vc0Q (CCTV footage starts at 3:48).

Interestingly the local priest was the last one to see Andrew before he went off to London as he supposedly drove past the local park where he saw Andrew sitting by himself on a bench. I remember someone brought up on the FB page for Andrew that the priest could have some connection to the case but Andrew's dad was quite offended by that person's comments as it was the priest that happened to save Andrew's dad from his suicide attempt.

I however, don't think the priest has anything to do with Andrew's disappearance though.

I didn't know a priest saw him in the park, I mentioned it only as it seemed the family were heavily involved in church, his father training to be a clergyman.

When searching "Andrew Gosden" on YouTube, I came across an episode of BBC's Missing from 2011. The episode includes a little bit more CCTV footage of Andrew, just after he had exited the train and before he left the station in Kings Cross. It doesn't show anything much but I just found it interesting as the only CCTV footage I've seen is of Andrew leaving the station. If anyone's interested in viewing the CCTV, it starts at 3:48 and is only a few seconds long. Just from these extra bits of footage, Andrew just doesn't look like he's running away. My personal feeling is that he was meeting up with someone he knew or had come into contact with sometime before his disappearance and they had persuaded him to meet them in London and maybe go to museums (as Andrew enjoyed visiting them) or something and had told him that they'd drop him off home before his parents got back. OR maybe he just decided that he didn't want to go to school and had decided to go on some sort of adventure and met with foul play. The first theory just seems to fit more than the other.

Here's a link to the video for anyone that's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPR6kB3vc0Q (CCTV footage starts at 3:48).

It looks like he is looking for a particular point/exit/or sign

I just don't understand how if Andrew had come to harm, he has managed to be killed and disposed of in a way without anyone seeing and never being found? I know earlier in the thread someone also mentioned her friend potentially seeing Andrew as well, I be.iebr there's been quite a few supposed sightings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting - I also hadn't seen those extra frames before.

It looks like he is looking for a particular point/exit/or sign

I agree.

Just in case anyone is not aware, Andrew is listed in the Interpol database. http://www.interpol.int/notice/search/missing/2015-13323 He also has what is known as a ''Yellow card'' Any missing person that has this, it means means if they are recognized passing in customs at any Interpol country, there is an alert process in place, and this allows the missing person to be detained. Does law enforcement have reason to believe Andrew is traveling?

I still think the best thing for this case would be a crimewatch appeal maybe someone saw something or knows something and is reluctant to come farward. I certainly think that if someone Andrew knew was responsible for his disappearance they may have attempted something similar in the past

I just worry that too much time has passed for viable, followable leads. I hate to be pessimistic, I really do but I can't see anyone stepping forward 8 years on if they haven't already, KWIM?

I just don't understand how, if he is deceased, his body hasn't been found. Who would want to lure a child like Andrew (who is by all accounts a very smart kid) miles away to London, just to kill him? If it was someone he knew, why not save the time and stick to areas you know?

I just worry that too much time has passed for viable, followable leads. I hate to be pessimistic, I really do but I can't see anyone stepping forward 8 years on if they haven't already, KWIM?

I just don't understand how, if he is deceased, his body hasn't been found. Who would want to lure a child like Andrew (who is by all accounts a very smart kid) miles away to London, just to kill him? If it was someone he knew, why not save the time and stick to areas you know?

You never know. there were many people at kings cross that day many of them probably wont even know about Andrews case but perhaps someone on the cctv footage maybe at the time saw Andrew talking to someone and a fresh appeal may jog there memories. If Andrew is deceased he could be anywhere we dont know where he went after he left kings cross and im sorry to say if he was murdered his killer has had 8 years to hide him.As for why lure him to london the chances of them being spotted by someone they know are zero especially as they arrived seperately,Once in london Andrew would be under this persons control, and the offer of a trip to london to visit a museum or something is a good bait to lure him there alone.

You never know. there were many people at kings cross that day many of them probably wont even know about Andrews case but perhaps someone on the cctv footage maybe at the time saw Andrew talking to someone and a fresh appeal may jog there memories. If Andrew is deceased he could be anywhere we dont know where he went after he left kings cross and im sorry to say if he was murdered his killer has had 8 years to hide him.As for why lure him to london the chances of them being spotted by someone they know are zero especially as they arrived seperately,Once in london Andrew would be under this persons control, and the offer of a trip to london to visit a museum or something is a good bait to lure him there alone.

True but he didn't have access to the Internet at home and I don't believe his PSP has messaging capabilities either (this is what I remember his father saying when I asked) and I also don't think he owned a mobile phone so police didn't find any trail of messaging or ways for a stranger to get in touch with Andrew. Makes you wonder

I just have a gut feeling that Andrew was suicidal. The implications of that I don't know. I don't know what happened to him but it wasn't anything good...

I just have a gut feeling that Andrew was suicidal. The implications of that I don't know. I don't know what happened to him but it wasn't anything good...

I think that's rubbish.

What do people make of the £200 he withdrew?

If he was suicidal why not just kill himself at home why go to the trouble of going to london, withdrawing money from his bank account, why bother changing clothes and folding his school uniform up neatly and putting it in the washbasket, why take a portable playstation with him theres just to many things that just dont add up with that theory.

I think he withdrew £200 for spending money for where he was planning to go. He had to have been meeting up with someone its the only theory that makes sense.

I vary so wildly on what I think happened that it's difficult for me to form a definite theory. I'm usually somewhere in one of the following:

1) Wanted an adventure/to start again and is either still out there or something happened
2) Meeting someone and is either out there or something happened
3) Suicidal and deceased

Today I'm feeling positive so I'm hovering around 1 but I'm sure going back over the facts again would have me wavering.

I suppose there's other ways to make contact with somebody without it involving online methods. There's magazines that contain contact info. IF Andrew was aware his mum and dad would be out, going to work, before the post arrived he could have intercepted mail.

I believe where he went that day had been planned out along time in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody