UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew is currently pictured on Missing posters on the tube. It says he was last seen in Yorkshire which confused me unless it means actually physically seen. Hopefully the police will at some stage review the case and make a breakthrough.

I suppose his Yorkshire accent would make him stand out down south, and that's where he was last physically sighted. It would have helped to add that he is known to have been at KX though

I don't understand how someone can just vanish from outside King's Cross. All that activity and cctv.

My thoughts are police thought he was just "another runaway", would be back in a few days, didn't bother to look (local shops cctv) and when they finally bothered to it was too late (cctv deleted)
I lived in that area very briefly years ago and it's busy almost 24/7. I never looked for cameras but there must have been a trillion.

Andrew being still missing is IMO police fault for not taking his disappearance seriously because there would have been a LOAD of cctv and 1st hand witnesses on the day he was there, IMO.
They just weren't assed to care for this boy.

My guess is he went into a (taxi) cab. That's the only way to 100% not get noticed outside King's Cross or other London stations, no matter your age, looks etc.
Just JMO...

A smart kid like Andrew would've been able to cover his tracks online. So all this talk of there being no evidence that he was chatting to anyone needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

I think he went to London to meet someone. Maybe a girl, maybe a guy (the parents were open to the possibility that Andrew was gay). He only bought a one-way ticket because he wasn't planning on coming back that day. Sadly, he was probably met with foul play by that person or someone else who picked him up before he could meet them.

Does anyone know which exit he took out of the station? I spend a lot of time at KX, but I'm pretty sure the station has undergone a redesign since the disappearance.

I was thinking about Andrew over the weekend and ended up having a dream he'd been found deceased. I was terrified when I came on here and saw there were new posts!

I don't understand how someone can just vanish from outside King's Cross. All that activity and cctv.

My thoughts are police thought he was just "another runaway", would be back in a few days, didn't bother to look (local shops cctv) and when they finally bothered to it was too late (cctv deleted)
I lived in that area very briefly years ago and it's busy almost 24/7. I never looked for cameras but there must have been a trillion.

Andrew being still missing is IMO police fault for not taking his disappearance seriously because there would have been a LOAD of cctv and 1st hand witnesses on the day he was there, IMO.
They just weren't assed to care for this boy.

My guess is he went into a (taxi) cab. That's the only way to 100% not get noticed outside King's Cross or other London stations, no matter your age, looks etc.
Just JMO...

ITA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I don't get about this case at all is that Andrew's actions seem to be contradictory -

He took no personal belongings indicating an overnight stay yet he bought no return ticket even though price-wise he would be no worse off.

So it would appear, by the lack of clothing etc taken that he was planning on coming back that day. Yet no return ticket. Why?

I'm in London at the moment for the first time in years. I arrived at King's Cross. Andrew was constantly on my mind.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have been doing some online research into children with high academic ability (such as those referred to as a child genius) and how this affects them emotionally as they grow up into adults.

I think there are some things that could be food for thought regarding Andrew and I will try to gather these things together and post them here as soon as I get the time.

I wonder if the police have an idea who they think was involved. My feelings are it is an adult Andrew knew from home who made a plausible arrangement with him to go to London maybe in the guise of it being an educational trip. Or maybe to buy a present. Or something along those lines. Andrew seems a straightforward honest bright child. Being practically minded I suspect he refused the return ticket as he was sure he was coming home in a car. I would be looking at any absences Andrew had from school and linking them with the movements of adults in his orbit. On the cctv from Kings Cross Andrew's body language did not seem to indicate 'dishonesty' or hiding as such.

I think the police won't say or do much more as they would then have to admit they completely screwed up the investigation and lost crucial evidence.

It does feel a bit like there was an inevitability about the case going cold right from the early days. I bet there was so much more CCTV evidence that was recorded over.

For some reason I always thought he exited Kings Cross and walked east...

Looked at Google maps again and if he exited where I think he did, and if he walked towards where he was looking (in the video), then I guess he headed for the tube, or a taxi, or a bus.
Or someone who was waiting for him.
It was a school day, meaning kids would be out on their own without getting noticed. It was mid-day Friday, meaning more than the usual amount of people.
Perfect day and place for a kid to disappear.

It's somewhat comforting to me that he appears to be heading towards inner London/ transport system.
He COULD be one of those kids on the doorsteps or under the bridges...

Did the police ever say if they made enquiries in the homeless/ drug community in inner London, Camden etc...??

I think this is correct:
AndrewcctvKC.jpg

Has Kings Cross been changed since Andrew went missing? I remember there was a upgrade but not sure if it was KC or St P over the road? Or both?

Yeah I think many taxis and business would of had CCTV at that time.

Sent from my T.A.R.D.I.S via Tapatalk

Has Kings Cross been changed since Andrew went missing? I remember there was a upgrade but not sure if it was KC or St P over the road? Or both?

Yeah I think many taxis and business would of had CCTV at that time.

Sent from my T.A.R.D.I.S via Tapatalk

Yes, MASSIVELY changed. Both the station itself and the area around it.

Had an idea. My son often go to KC to change trains to see his girlfriend.
I will print some flyers/ photos, see if he can pass them out to local restaurants, shops, etc.
I'm sure they have already got them but hey, look again!
Anyone has ideas who else they can be passed on to?
Cab companies buses I guess already got them...

I'm in London (KC and Camden) and will always keep an eye out for Andrew and search some of the rivers and spots some of the homeless and transients turn up. :) I'm going to print out flyers and ask around too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member