UK UK - Andrew Gosden, 14, Doncaster, South Yorks, 14 Sept 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its been said that Andrew never bunked off school before the day he went missing but i wonder if he was ever late into school or late coming home around the time he went missing. Im sure something has been missed.

What a truly heartbreaking case this is, the fact that the police and most important of all Andrew's family don't have the vaguest idea of what happened to him once he stepped out of that train station nearly 8 years ago.
I live about 20 minutes down the A1 from where Andrew lived, and i currently work in Balby at Tickhill road hospital, a stones throw away, so this case is quite close to home.

I see a few people mentioning the fact that Andrew was on his PSP whilst on the train and that he must have been talking to someone online VIA his PSP. In my opinion i find this very unlikely as he would have had to be connected to WIFI. Now i'm pretty sure that if the train offered WIFI all them years ago then Andrew would have had to pay VIA card payment.
Regarding his PSP, it begs the question how come this, and his rucksack hasn't been located? Obviously if a rucksack is found and it contains an expensive bit of kit like a PSP, then chances are its not going to be reported. However surely a crimewatch appeal would be useful for this and a number of other reasons. If someone did find a bag not long after Andrew went missing then a crimewatch appeal might jog someones memory?

Anyway my theory is that Andrew was being bullied, most probably at school. Its worth noting that it would have been the first couple of weeks back at school after the summer holidays, he was probably hoping new term new start, but the bullying continued and he got fed up and wanted a day out in London, one of his favourite places.
He planned on returning home, but he felt a sense of freedom and met some friendly people thus becoming confident of starting a whole new life in a city he loved.

Whatever happened, one things for sure, if he is alive i hope he finds the courage to contact his parents to end their 7+ years of pain, even if it is just a note.

I feel like he could have been struggling with his sexuality. Especially at 14 is when you kinda know in your own head.
Maybe it was a boy he was meeting up with.
He might of felt like his parents wouldnt understand or accept him or he got bullied at school, things like that.
Him putting the uniform in the wash could have just been habit or cleaning up after himself.
I feel like he wasnt coming back. Or hadnt made the decision to come back.
Anything I guess is possible.
I feel like though if he left on his own accord and is just living his life he would have turned up by now and contacted his family.
Its either ended in foul play or suicide.
I hope one day the family finds out.

I thought similarly too you Linda. Although what I feel is that if he is no longer with us, something wound have turned up by now.

I've been thinking about this case a lot recently (especially as it was recently Andrew's 22nd birthday) and I'm still of the opinion that he went to London to meet someone. Whether or not he knew that person or had been talking to them online, I don't know. The fact that he apparently didn't have an email address doesn't seem right. I imagine he could have easily had an email address without his parents knowing. All he'd have to do is create one using the web browser on his PSP. The fact that he took pretty much nothing with him and didn't even take a change of clothes let alone a jacket/hoodie just makes me believe he was meeting someone all the more.
Oh if only the police had checked the CCTV of the surrounding areas before it was too late.

This case actually sort of reminds me of Breck Bednar story. A 14 year old boy being groomed online by someone he thought was his friend and then catching a train to meet him, only to be killed. Obviously Breck's mum knew he was talking to strangers online however Andrew's parents obviously had no idea, so their only scenario is that he simply ran away.
Here's the case: http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-30730807

I just wish someone would come forward.

Yes, I've always thought that Andrew had intended coming back because he didn't take any clothes with him, but then again is that the sort of thing a teenage boy would bother with ? He could have bought a return ticket for the same price as a single......but was that just for a day return ? He may have intended coming back a day or two later. Suicide ?.....hmm, don't think so, seems unlikely that someone would take a day trip to London with the intention of committing suicide. I think that he probably went to meet someone, someone with bad intentions I'm sorry to say. (MOO)

I discussed Andrew again with my friend who made the sighting at Kings Cross. She still really believes it was him. She said "How many boys are there in London who look just like Andrew, are about the same age as he would be and have a deformity on the same ear in the same place? If it wasn't Andrew than this other boy is basically his identical twin"

I really hope it was him and that he is happy. If only he would send word to his parents, even if it was just to say that he is ok but doesn't want to be in contact with them.

As it will be eight years since Andrew went missing on September 14, 2015, a Thunderclap campaign has been started to raise awareness of this and to ask anyone who may know of Andrew's whereabouts or have information about him to help Andrew's family by passing on this information. The campaign needs a minimum of 250 supporters so that a message can be sent out via social media networks (Facebook, Twitter & Tumblr). The message that will be posted on these accounts is shown on the site.

http://https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/29306-help-us-to-find-andrew-gosden

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this. It would mean a great deal to Andrew's family if you could back this campaign.

That link doesn't work, please can you repost as I wanted to read about Thunderclap - never heard of it!

As much as I've never met Andrew, I have this feeling - an overwhelminging urge of missing him all this time on. :( please be alive, sweet boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As much as I've never met Andrew, I have this feeling - an overwhelminging urge of missing him all this time on. :( please be alive, sweet boy.

I too have the same feeling. His dad recently posted a whole load of photos from when Andrew was born up until he was 14 and it broke my heart.

I still think he must have been picked up from the station from someone he had come into contact with (not online) and thought he'd be having a day out when really the person had other ideas. This person probably told him to withdraw all his money as spending money for the day but deliberately told him to do this as it would make Andrew look like a runaway. It explains the fact that he didn't even take an extra pair of socks or a change of t-shirt, the fact he didn't take his PSP charger, the fact he didn't take the extra £100 odd from his bedroom and most telling, the fact there hasn't been a single confirmed sighting since he left the station. Maybe I'm overthinking things but I just can't see him living rough on the streets or putting his family through all this willingly. I definitely believe the answer to solving this mystery lies closer to home.

I too have the same feeling. His dad recently posted a whole load of photos from when Andrew was born up until he was 14 and it broke my heart.

I still think he must have been picked up from the station from someone he had come into contact with (not online) and thought he'd be having a day out when really the person had other ideas. This person probably told him to withdraw all his money as spending money for the day but deliberately told him to do this as it would make Andrew look like a runaway. It explains the fact that he didn't even take an extra pair of socks or a change of t-shirt, the fact he didn't take his PSP charger, the fact he didn't take the extra £100 odd from his bedroom and most telling, the fact there hasn't been a single confirmed sighting since he left the station. Maybe I'm overthinking things but I just can't see him living rough on the streets or putting his family through all this willingly. I definitely believe the answer to solving this mystery lies closer to home.

Just to clarify, I meant Andrew's dad posted a whole bunch of photos of Andrew on his facebook group page.

Just to clarify, I meant Andrew's dad posted a whole bunch of photos of Andrew on his facebook group page.
Me too. As beautiful as it was, every single one must of been hard to post. He is such an amazing guy. Between the search for his son, helping other missing families, fundraising for missing persons UK, pushing the 404 error page missing child posters and getting an amber alert style text network in the UK I don't know how he gets a second to breathe. All parents of missing children deserve answers to their questions but some times a case touches you so much it actually pains you not to be able to give it, not to be able to help more than getting info out there. Wishing always that they would just know where and why.
That sounds a little weird reading back but I know what I mean, and am sure you do too haha.

Please take the few seconds to sign up to the Thunderclap site a few posts up, its so easy, its an amazing idea and I think we will be seeing it a lot more in "cold" missing persons cases in the future, well I truly hope so.

Sent from my T.A.R.D.I.S via Tapatalk

I signed up too. Andrew is often in my prayers. It is time he was found.

I cannot see Andrew living rough, as great as that would be compared to the other outcome. He was a 14 year old sheltered boy who didn't have any experience on the streets or any want to up and leave one day to never return. He had never run away before either, so it's looking less and less likely that our Andrew has decided to go exercise his free spirit somewhere as much as I would love that to be the case. :(

If an experienced sheltered 14 year old school boy managed to pull off the disappearance of modern times that left police baffled and clueless with no leads to go on and no answers, I'd eat my hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member