Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be useful if we knew in which directions Anthony could have walked without being on CCTV. The high street seems unlikely to me, there are banks and bookies which would have cameras as well as plenty of other shops. He didn't go back on himself, so did he walk down the back alley (Market Lane) to get back to the Lamb?

It's all a bit Corrie. Anyone checked the bins?

Someone interviewed on the radio said that Anthony had discussed with them the missing Corrie case & he seemed baffled. I wasn’t overly listening & don’t know if there's any relevance but every little clue can help.

Now is the first full business week since the Xmas/New Year holidays. Some people might just have come back from abroad and havn't even heard about Anthony being missing yet. I think it would be important that appeals for sightings of AK, any odd incidents from the night of 20/21 Dec, CCTV from businesses and dash cams, be repeated now by both LE and family via msm and sm.

Are there any private searches going on?

His fiancée & people helping with the search have already approached businesses & residences with CCTV at least asking for them to preserve data until & if it’s requested. That’s why a portion of it was collated by his Fiancée.

I presume at the same time staff would have been asked if they remembered anything.

Last edited:
His fiancée & people helping with the search have already approached businesses & residences with CCTV at least asking for them to preserve data until & if it’s requested. That’s why a portion of it was collated by his Fiancée.

I presume at the same time staff would have been asked if they remembered anything.

That's good. And I would repeat that now, and widen the search area. Moo. Unless of course they know something which we don't and see no need for a renewed appeal.

If you’re looking at the second CCTV image on that article? I believe it to be a mistake in that In the moving footage he’s on the other side of the road. The person on the left is just a random.

Underneath the image of the man it states it’s been released by the police; so that means the police have given out a wrong image...

Pure speculation and just running thoughts through my head

Family claim he didn't use his phone other than a text to his partner around 4.15pm and data use just after leaving the lamb.

<modsnip: removed reference to rumor post that was removed>

Its possible maps was used to look for a street of a meeting

Family in the early days were very active on SM answering public questions but I've never seen an answer from them as to why he left the lamb although I've seen the question asked a few times ...obviously it's their right not to answer and of course they are not neccesarily going to see all questions at a stressful time ..but just a thought

Did the group originally plan the go to the E&C next ??

Is it possible the group expected him to return to the lamb ?...hence the constant referral by the press (I think via LE) that on the market st cctv he was heading back towards the lamb ...rather than what seemed the more obvious wording of "heading towards high st" etc

Did he miss the turning to the lamb hence why he appears not to try and cross the road ? ...but if returning to the lamb why not return the same way he came ??

All thoughts running through my head

AK looked at data on his phone before leaving the Lamb...

I wonder if they have done drone searches of the surrounding areas? They have searched all the river /canal/marshy areas by foot and boat but maybe it's time to expand to the less obvious areas.

Yes, they’ve already done drone searches...

I don't know that it actually stated in the article what that photo was without reading it again. It could have been the newspaper just producing a still from the first clip of the cctv footage, without caring to check what it showed.

No, underneath the photo is states it’s been issued by Sussex Police

Pure speculation and just running thoughts through my head

Family claim he didn't use his phone other than a text to his partner around 4.15pm and data use just after leaving the lamb.

<modsnip: removed reference to rumor post that was removed>

Its possible maps was used to look for a street of a meeting

Family in the early days were very active on SM answering public questions but I've never seen an answer from them as to why he left the lamb although I've seen the question asked a few times ...obviously it's their right not to answer and of course they are not neccesarily going to see all questions at a stressful time ..but just a thought

Did the group originally plan the go to the E&C next ??

Is it possible the group expected him to return to the lamb ?...hence the constant referral by the press (I think via LE) that on the market st cctv he was heading back towards the lamb ...rather than what seemed the more obvious wording of "heading towards high st" etc

Did he miss the turning to the lamb hence why he appears not to try and cross the road ? ...but if returning to the lamb why not return the same way he came ??

All thoughts running through my head[/QUOTE

Early reports suggested he left "after speaking to a colleague" but that doesn't neccesarily mean saying where he was going I suppose

My initial thoughts were he'd slipped away to go home and didn't want to be persuaded to stay by his friends..but even though he didn't know the town it seems odd that he spent 20 min past the Elephant before realising he wasn't heading towards the bus or train station

If that was the case why not come out and say that no one noticed? That he’d just slipped off? That they were floating around the pub? Instead of saying that no one knows because they were intoxicated. It doesn’t make any sense not to say it how it was that’s all.

Like many of us, I’ve been out on drinking parties with large groups of friends & colleagues.

People slip out all the time for a variety of reasons (cig, bathroom, phone calls, shops, fresh air, etc).

Usually there is chat ongoing & to break in & say you’re going out & why isn’t the way drinking parties work. You just slip on out & even on return you sit down & don’t interrupt conversation with reasons (no one is bothered why you left) unless of course you have something to add to the conversation.

Last edited:
If that was the case why not come out and say that no one noticed? That he’d just slipped off? That they were floating around the pub? Instead of saying that no one knows because they were intoxicated. It doesn’t make any sense not to say it how it was that’s all.

It would have been more odd to have interrupted the flowing conversation to say he was off out & give reasons. It’s an adult drinking party, not junior school where student has to give reasons to teacher.

It would have looked more odd if he gave reasons. At the very most he would have just said “I’m off out” but the conversation would have likely been that loud/involved he wouldn’t have gotten the chance & been ignored. They are used to coming & going.

And he probably wasn’t actively involved in the conversation at that point as he would’t have left. The convo was loud (multiple drinkers chatting) so he just slipped off to have a break or do his thing.

None of the posters on WS have ever given reasons why they were off for the evening. They just don’t do that.

Last edited:
Imo the only reason he would not mention to one of his friends where he was going was if he wanted to slip off home without getting grief from his mates ...if you were popping somewhere for a few minutes such as toilet or cigarette etc of course you would not say ...but...these men were on a pub crawl ..if you were planning on leaving the pub to walk somewhere you would absolutely say because they would be due to move on to the next pub

Imo the only reason he would not mention to one of his friends where he was going was if he wanted to slip off home without getting grief from his mates ...if you were popping somewhere for a few minutes such as toilet or cigarette etc of course you would not say ...but...these men were on a pub crawl ..if you were planning on leaving the pub to walk somewhere you would absolutely say because they would be due to move on to the next pub

Not if he didn’t want to interrupt the conversation& look like a “div”. He could have planned catching them up afterwards & something happened during that time or he had changed his mind.

Just seen Lucy’s replies to the comments on her latest post.
she states that she doesn’t know why he left the pub and that all the guys said it was very hazey.
I absolutely refuse to believe that every single last person on that work night out was to the level where not one of them knows why he left, that is complete and utter nonsense. What are they trying to hide? Could there be more truth than not to yesterday rumour post on here? Sounds like it after Lucy’s comment last night.

I don't find that hard to believe at all, in fact quite the opposite, obviously personal experience will be different but ime when in a large group of people there will always be someone going to the loo, the bar, out for smoke. Even if all were sober people don't announce their comings and goings

JMO IMO

Not if he didn’t want to interrupt the conversation& look like a “div”. He could have planned catching them up afterwards & something happened during that time or he had changed his mind.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on that one I'm afraid.. the friends arrived at the Elephant at 8pm so left not long after ...imo its "less likely" you would not mention you were popping somewhere if you were planning on walking somewhere that may take more than a few minutes...unless completely drunk of course

I don't think drugs were involved here but it would be naive to think that nobody in these professions takes them. There are always people that take risks even when they know they can be called up for random drugs tests.

Agreed. One of my best friends is a fireman, I've seen quite a few of his colleagues smoking weed and taking coke. It's a horrendous job, they can and do behave unwisely on time off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston
Back